THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:53 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

is a spider-child
 Post subject: Lucy Diggory
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:49 am GMT 

Custom Title: is a spider-child
Still a work in progress, but at least she's being updated now!

Lucy Diggory
Aliases/Nickname(s): Luce
Birthdate: December 9th

Species:
Appearance: It is rather hard to pin Lucy down on looks alone. One day you might say her Asian heritage is dominant, and another you might just think her a bit exotic. In everyday clothing she doesn't really stand out that much unless you take a moment to consider her face, and have time to make note of the rather confident way she carries herself in.
Height: Below average
Weight:
Build: Lucy has what her mother would describe as hips good for bearing children, but is other than that nore very curvaceous.
Eyes: Olive green, slanted and almond shaped.
Hair: Dark except the last few inches of her hair which is dyed blonde. Straight and thick, cut at below shoulder lenght.
Scars: Plenty, though nothing too noticeable or dramatic aside from little cuts on her hands.
Fur/Markings:
Attire: Typically wears slightly longer skirts and dresses, liking to keep the hemline quite modest unless she's performing.
Accessories: Usually wears her hair pulled back from her face with the help of combs.

Origin: All over
Languages: English, A bit of rusty Mandarin
Ethnicity: Chinese-American (though in official papers she is listed as Japanese-American)
WOC:

Personality:

Special skills: Talented singer
Weaknesses:
Fears:
Religion: Not an atheist, but not religious either.

History: Lucy was raised as an only child of a first-generation immigrant mother, while her father was about as close to a figment of her imagination as a parent could be. Aside from fantasies of various kinds the only things she has managed to gather up from various hints and her own educated guesses was a surname —"Dig-something"— and that she was a result of an affair with an employer.

The better part of her life was spent clinging on to her mother as the woman flitted between whatever places happened to hire her, most commonly farms of various size looking for someone to take on domestic chores. Typically the salary was limited to food and shelter and some spare change which meant that the small family lived hand-to-mouth a majority of the time. Lucy was quite used to it and hardly minded at first, especially since she was largely left to take care of herself while her mother worked, and was quick to learn how to make swift and shallow friendships, wary of attaching herself when knowing that they might be moving on before the week was up. Her schooling was limited to what her mother taught her in the evenings, and she wasn't even in her teens when she was first asked to contribute financially. Light work around kitchens and farm yards was fine in the beginning, but the older she grew the wearier the young woman grew of being helplessly tugged along from one dusty workplace to the next, and the more of a fight she put up every time it was time to move on.

At the grand age of 16 Lucy hopped off the train they were on as it passed through St.Louis, and hasn't seen her mother since leaving her asleep in that freight carriage. Freedom is fickle and the initial joy of living in the city became a dark reality as time dragged on. It was harder to find employment than she had thought, and after taking every job available for an uneducated teenager, everything from cooking, to cleaning, to singing in bars, Lucy was 17 when she was dragged off of the stage at a speakeasy by a man named Joe. Charming as they came at first Lucy was easily sucked in, and before you could spell out "bad choices" she had been whisked in to his business, a shady speakeasy with both bath tub gin and young women on the menu. Over night Joe went from Casanova to tormentor and the previously fiercely independent Lucy was frightened in to his service. She quickly befriended another young woman by the name of Acacia Heart, and they supported eachother through thick and thin.

It took about a year before Lucy's luck seemed to pick up again when she met Jethro Bloom, and developed quite a crush on the young man despite his being sick in tuberculosis. With this new taste of what things could be like as motivation and the aid of Danny Raines she escaped Joe's clutches, and is currently employed as a singer at the Untouchable, and is a personal friend of the Graham family.
Family:
Mother: Chen Ya (surname first)
Father: Unknown
Sibling(s): Unknown
Orientation: Straight
Love Interest:
Quotes:
Theme Song:

Last edited by Northern_pearl on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:44 am GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Hey kid.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:51 am GMT 

Custom Title: Hey kid.
Yay! :)
Sounds great, as I said before. :wink:

It's shanty time!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:56 am GMT 

Custom Title: It's shanty time!
hm... Interesting! :P
I like her!

... I am a bit worried, though... because I feel you're coming up with new chars every day X) I dont see how you can handle it... or how anyone can handle it anyway...

May's characters are under reconstruction!
(4 out of 22 are done reconstructing and ready for RPing, PM me!)

is a spider-child
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:44 am GMT 

Custom Title: is a spider-child
Thank you ^^

Well... I come up with many characters, but I don't use many of them.

Last bumped by Northern_pearl on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:44 am GMT.