THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:00 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Do you wanna have a bad time?
 Post subject: Lautaro Quiroga
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:17 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Do you wanna have a bad time?
Woo, second char. Again, any criticism and pointers are appreciated.

Name: Lautaro Quiroga
Aliases: Rat (Rata, in Richard's case) or "Laucha" by his friends and employers.
Species: Bombay, with a bit of norwegian forest.
Birthdate: 1905
Height: 5’5” (165 cm)
Weight: 56 kg
Build: Rather skinny and small, not really strong physically but isn't a weakling either.
Origin: Lousiana
Languages: English and Spanish (argentinian)
Occupation: Information and weapons dealer, rumrunner and if needed, spy. Also small-time burglar.
Ethnicity: Argentinian

Eyes: Dark brown eyes. He has a big scar by his right eye, so this one is white due to the blindness.
Hair: Short and dirty, he never ever combs.
Scars: A cut that goes from his right eyebrow down through his eye, all the way to cheek. His right eye is blind because of it.
Fur/Markings: Light grey all around.
Attire: He usually wears a white shirt with a brown vest over it. Not that you could tell that, because his shirt is always so dirty that it's brown most of the time. He also wears a black trenchcoat most of the time, and a dark brown fedora.
Accessories: Reading glasses he keeps in a blue case. A gold watch he stole from his father.
WOC: Though he prefers to just sneak away from danger, he always carries with himself a revolver, just to be safe.
Appearance: A rather short and skinny man. You could pick a fight with him and probably win (if he doesn't fight dirty, which he will.) He's not the most tidy individual: He never combs, showers just when he needs it, and doesn't care at all for his appearance.
Not that any of this bothers him, he's quite happy with the way he is, and doesn't care if anyone thinks otherwise.
Personality: A bit egotistical, usually puts himself before others. He's a bit twitchy, having a nervous look on his face most of the time, as if he's waiting for someone to jump out and shoot him.
He's also a really snarky person, making snide remarks at everything and everyone. He's good at manipulating people, and knows it.
He never trust in anyone but himself, Richard, and a handful of his "employees". In fact, he usually expects life to just screw him over all the time.
Get to know him though, and you'll find that there's more than meets the eye.
Underneath the paranoia and snark, you'll find a friendly and surprisingly honest man, who has gotten a bit of a bleak outlook on life because of past experiences.
Finally, when upset, angry, or in the presence of someone who he considers an idiot, he really likes to swear. Specially in Spanish, since he believes the swearwords in spanish sound much better, regardless if anyone actually understands him.

Special skills: Knows his way around the St. Louis sewers, really good at stealth. He's also good at talking his way out of trouble, and is an expert haggler.
Weaknesses: Not really strong physically, he also has some kleptomaniac tendencies. He's also usually distrusful towards anyone who he doesn't know, and expects the worst out of people.
Fears: His parents finding out about what he's been doing these years, giving refunds, being betrayed by a friend, losing his left eye.
Likes: Storms, the night, not having to share, money, stealing from rich people.
Dislikes: Cops, his privacy being invaded, bigots, sharing, stuck-up people.
Religion: Agnostic

History: Lautaro's parents came from Argentina to the United States a year before he was born, trying to find a place more suited for their life style. They were big time landowners back in Argentina, so to say that they were rich would be an understatement.
By the time Lautaro was born, his parents not only had already settled in Lousiana, but were begginning to obtain even more money, thanks to some clever investment in the stock market. Growing up, Lautaro always found his life of comfort to be very dull,
spending most of his time studying, never allowed to go out on his own. By the time he was 15 he came to resent his parents, not only by the way they treated everyone "below" them, but also because they wanted him to keep the family bussiness running when he grew up.
This, combined with his parents overbearing nature, being forced by them to learn many skills he found to be useless (playing piano, horse riding, painting, etc.), proved to be too much for him. The idea of becoming what his parents wanted disgusted him, so after months of preparation he escaped from his home at the age of 16, and traveled as far away as he could.
He finally decided to stop at St. Louis, seeing the opportunity to start anew in there. Seeing how he always had been interested in it, he decided to try his luck at smugling liquor and illegal trading. After some close calls and slightly traumatic experiences (one of which cost him his right eye, and taught him that no one can be trusted) he decided that, while the criminal life was very appealing, he wasn't really the best fighter or shot in town. But what he really did well was convincing people of anything, and he knew how to take advantage of that. Very few people know how, but somehow (mostly through bribes, empty threats, and sweet talking) he managed to gather a small but dangerous group of mobsters to help him do his bussiness undisturbed.

After some years recruiting people and setting deals with almost everyone in the city, he crossed paths with Richard Swain. He quickly became close friends with him,
and they have a relation akin to that of brothers.
6 years have passed since he left the confort of his home in Lousiana and came to St. Louis, and he has slowly but surely built himself, with the help of his few friends, a small but succesful
operation across the city, suplying to his many clients everything from weapons to information, and recently, liquor.But this is still not enough for him, and he won't stop until his name and wealth becomes bigger than that of his parents.

Orientation: Straight
Love Interest: None at the moment, and probably never because as he puts it: "Life's too short to be shared with someone else."
Quotes: "Sorry. It was you or me."
"Everyone has secrets."
"You can't trust anyone; not even yourself."

Theme Song: 99 Problems - Hugo

Only if it is profitable to me. -Virgil Mauvais

Last edited by Frank_Blank on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:24 pm GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Ahoy!
 Post subject: Re: Lautaro Quiroga
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:47 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Ahoy!
Argentiniannnnn! Excellent jaja. Whereabouts were his parents from? (unless you didn't have a specific place in mind yet)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:42 am GMT 

i_heart_dvorak wrote:
Argentiniannnnn! Excellent jaja. Whereabouts were his parents from? (unless you didn't have a specific place in mind yet)

Well, I haven't thought about it really, but I think they would probably come from Buenos Aires or Córdoba, but live somewhere around their property (that would be, far away from any big city.) As to where that property would be, I'm sure it would be someplace in the fields of Buenos Aires (the province, not the city.).

Ahoy!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:00 pm GMT 

Nice! I didn't mean to put you on the spot--just curious about all things Argentina-related since I used to live there :B

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:19 pm GMT 

Hey, don't worry about it. I don't mind answering questions. ;)
Also, cool thing that you used to live here. If i may ask, where did you live?

Ahoy!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 pm GMT 

Salta la linda! Though before that I studied film for a bit in Buenos Aires. My avatar is from an old movie I watched for my class, Historia del cine argentino. (We could be having this conversation in Spanish, except that I'm lazy....sorry)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:15 pm GMT 

Cool! Though to be honest, I've never been to Salta in my life. But i'm planning to visit it someday. (Again, don't worry, i don't mind having this conversation in English, but if you do ever feel like speaking Spanish, solo dimelo.)