THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:02 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Guys I totally write now.
 Post subject: Sambor 'Sam' Popov
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:10 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Guys I totally write now.
Name: Sambor Popov

Nicknames: 'Sam' to anyone who feels that 'Sambor' is a tad too pedantic (Read: Everyone.)
Birthdate: 6/3/1900 (26)

Hometown: Luza, Russia

Personality: Jovial, optimistic, in spite of himself. Tries to see the best in people, regardless of how spiteful they might be. Though, behind this exterior, he's quite bitter about his past. Thankfully, he manages to keep this hidden for the most part.

Fur/Markings: Brown/Beige fur with scattered dark spots. Coal coloured fur adorns his face in a rather simple pattern.

Appearance: Cheerful eyes that contrast his rather intimidating figure, a jawline to match. Large eyebrows, thanks to his heritage.

Height/Build: About 1.8 meters tall, quite wide-set, calling back to his origins.

Eyes: Green

Scars: Thankfully, none seem to mar his debatebly pretty face. A few minor ones, from general rural life, but they've been masked over with both time and fresh fur.

Attire: A buttoned shirt that always seems to have an omnipresent stain near the right-cuff, as well as an unremarkable pair of pants and shoes.

Accessories: A small silver necklace which he keeps hidden beneath his shirt, a cross adorning the tip.

Languages: Russian, English (Thankfully.)

Religion: Orthodox Christian

Occupation: Drifter; takes whatever job might be available. Which for him, is usually some sort of freelance security detail.

Weapon of Choice: Fists, or if the situation warrants, a dented pair of brass knuckles. Guns if the situation really warrants.

Preferred transportation: The car favored by the poor, so… legs.

Special Skills: Attributing to his build, he's quite strong. That, and he has a seemingly endless tolerance for alcohol, even for the strongest brews.

Weaknesses: Pacifist instincts come first. He'll try to talk his way out of something before fighting out of it.

Fears: His actions causing the harm or death of innocents.

Likes: A stiff drink, good company, a warm hearth, and a light snowfall. That, and that feeling at the end of the day that he accomplished something.

Dislikes: A person with only irredeemable qualities, watered down swill, and that damn stain in his favorite shirt.

History: Born at the turn of the century in the very small town of Luza, his father raised him from the start to follow in his footsteps, as an Russian Orthodox Priest. His schooling and lessons all revolved around this one purpose. However, his peaceful life changed for the worse in 1917, where Russia began to rip itself apart over who were to charge forth into her political future. Fearing the worst for his only son, Sam's father sent him out of country, away from the conflict. Thus, Sam found himself headed toward America. A new beginning for him, but a prison for his true desire.

(Well, I sure haven't been here for awhile. Not sure if anyone cares, but I mostly write in 1st person.)

Mit Musik geht alles besser!
 Post subject: Re: Sambor 'Sam' Popov
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:44 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Mit Musik geht alles besser!
Nice! I think his personality is not too dissimilar to Tobi's, so they'd probably get along quite well.

Well, that is, if Tobias isn't on business. His pacifist side is rather... malnourished.

Tobias: "Eh? I, uh... well, not exactly, no, not... entirely. I'm sure we could find common ground... plenty of it, in fact!" *smiles a bit too much*

An ongoing project dedicated to collecting Jazz and Swing music from the 1920s through 1940s.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:08 pm GMT 

Born in the same year? Hey, at least you have a car.

If you want to start a thread or something, I'm open.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:14 pm GMT 

I'll be a bit occupied for the next 5-6 weeks, but I can start something after that.

An ongoing project dedicated to collecting Jazz and Swing music from the 1920s through 1940s.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:15 pm GMT 

Gotcha. I can wait.

totally.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:17 pm GMT 

If someone else wants to RP with you in the meantime, don't wait on me. I've got one active RP already.