It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:32 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Rejects your normality
 Post subject: Curtis Sable - Private Eye
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:42 am GMT 

Custom Title: Rejects your normality
Name: Curtis Sable

Nicknames: Curt to his friends, Mr. Sable to his clients

Birth date: 7/4/1876 (At the time of of the events of Lackadaisy, he is 44)

Place of birth: St. Louis, Missouri

Appearance: A little scruffy with matter fur due to his age and his periodic lack of sleep.

Fur/Markings: Black with white on his lower face, hands, feet, and center of body. His fur is starting to grey in a few places.

Height/ Build: He has a fairly average height and a build that is fit but not athletic.

Eyes: Blue

Scars: Numerous ones from scuffles as a Pinkerton and the war including his face, but the most obvious place is his leg where there are multiple scars.

Attire: Wears a buttoned down shirt, worn pants, worn shoes.

Accessories:

Languages: English

Weapon of choice: His Trustworthy Colt Revolver ("never jams, always a sure shot"), although he's proficient with a machine gun, shotgun, anything he can get his paws on, and his "mitts."

Preferred transportation: 1919 Ford Speedster T

Personality: Very cynical, sees the world in black and white, doesn't think the world will change, tolerates authority but doesn't necessarily like them, has a soft spot for children, hard to build trust with others but when he does he will defend them to his last breath, speaks with a gruff voice, skeptical of faith as he doesn't think he can be absolved of his sins.

Special skills: Has great observational skills, memory retention, ability to think fast on his feet, and combat skills.

Weaknesses: A shrapnel blast to his leg from WWI causes him pain occasionally and will make him move slowly, deaf in his left ear from the blast, suffers from insomnia sometimes, has bouts of post-traumatic stress disorder from the war. He is also addicted to gambling, mainly blackjack.

Fears: Major explosions set him on edge as do people in uniform as they remind him of the war. He dreams of having blood on his hands literally and the war which denies him sleep.

Likes: Seeing justice done, defending the defenseless, a case solved with little bloodshed as possible, straight whiskey, springtime

Dislikes: those who prey upon the weak, corrupt authority figures, opulence, extreme decadence, those who interfere with his cases, losing at cards.

History: Born during the centennial, Curt was said by his parents to be destined for great things. He had a fairly normal childhood in the city which taught him how to stand up for himself. With the rise in industry, Curtis saw an opportunity to become a protector of such prosperity by joining the Pinkerton National Detective Agency. Curtis doesn't talk much about his life from the 1890s through the early 1900s, alluding to the fact that he was involved in the many attempts to quell riots, stop unions, and be part of goon squads to intimidate workers. In his travels he saw the horrors that worker faced each day in factories which although pitying them made him thankful that he wasn't one of them. In 1917 he enlisted to fight in what would be known as World War I. There he saw the horrors of was in the trenches and battlefields. Before the Armistice, a mortar shell exploded nearby him, damaging his left ear and sending shrapnel in his body, especially his leg. While doctors were able to remove most of the metal, he still carries some pieces in his leg. He returned to America to find that the world had changed with the enacting of Prohibition. He was out of one fire only to be put in another smoldering blaze that he would know would erupt. He decided that he could only do what he did best: become a private detective and hope to bring peace to some while the nightmares of the past played out in his mind.

RP Note: As a tribute to Noir films, all his thoughts and actions are going to be done in first person.

Redmond "Red" Kelly - http://www.littledaisycafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15493

Mit Musik geht alles besser!
 Post subject: Re: Curtis Sable - Private Eye
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:25 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Mit Musik geht alles besser!
Wundervoll character, Herr Volstead! I like the idea of first-person as an allusion to noir, it should make for some very interesting RPs. And that car... 8)

Speaking of which, I don't mean to brag, but I do believe I've started a minor trend.

Hurrah for vintage autos!

An ongoing project dedicated to collecting Jazz and Swing music from the 1920s through 1940s.

Rejects your normality
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:19 am GMT 

Custom Title: Rejects your normality
Thanks!

Kind of basing him off of the personality of Booker Dewitt of Bioshock Infinite.

I do have an idea for a set of characters from that same video game that might add some fun.

Redmond "Red" Kelly - http://www.littledaisycafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15493

Mit Musik geht alles besser!
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:23 am GMT 

Custom Title: Mit Musik geht alles besser!
Oh that should make things quite fun! I've never gotten around to Bioshock, but Booker is quite the character.

An ongoing project dedicated to collecting Jazz and Swing music from the 1920s through 1940s.

Do you wanna have a bad time?
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:42 am GMT 

Custom Title: Do you wanna have a bad time?
Nice character!

I too like that first-person-noir-style idea. I think it's even easier to write than third person (at least for me).

Also, video games inpired characters, eh? That gives me some ideas.

I have yet to play Infinite, but i'm sure that if it was based off a character from a Bioshock game, it's bound to be good.

Only if it is profitable to me. -Virgil Mauvais