THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:50 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ahoy!
 Post subject: Re: Summer Storms OOC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:56 am GMT 

Custom Title: Ahoy!
Quincy: I don't think you have to worry about suitors with eyes. Consider the two mutually exclusive.

I knowww, I forget how much of their glorious friendship exists only in OOCs and also my burgeoning headcanon. Though Fritz is also living in Macaulay's house (while pretending not to know it's Macaulay's house)! So there's that.

Hey kid.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:09 am GMT 

Custom Title: Hey kid.
Riley: haha, that's cute. Oh look, I happened to drop a plastic comb next to your cell mate! I'm sure you'll stumble across it later. Maybe five inches deep into your abdomen. I know how you like your grooming products.

Oh my god, you should not have mentioned a headcanon. Tell me alllll.

Yes! I can imagine Macaulay forgetting something and letting himself in to come face to face with Fritz at 9 at night when everyone else is either absent or asleep.

Ahoy!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 am GMT 

Quincy: Thanksss Gratty. Really you're too much.

Oh my god, that would be the most uncomfortable interaction. Fritz in his boxers, skulking around the darkened kitchen and drinking after Darla has gone to bed. Macaulay lets himself in and, after a minute of awkward staring, asks if Fritz perchance found a jar of spare buttons tucked away in the downstairs closet.

...mostly I imagine them having one-sided rambling existential chats that occur while Fritz is deeply intoxicated, and of which he will have no memory the next morning. Also, Macaulay making fun of his fashion sense.

Hey kid.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:30 am GMT 

Riley: anything for you babe.

"You know, the downstairs cupboard. Haha, I remember trying to find something there once and stumbling upon your wife dressed in nothing but a bathtowel. That was only after two days of living together of course, after two weeks it was practically commonplace. After all, I was the one putting the clothes on her back, literally and metaphorically... Oh wait, I still am, aren't I?"

Amazing. I have to go and re read that post you made about drunken Fritz intoxicated kt interrogating Macaulay and passing out on his floor. Literally the best.

Ahoy!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:31 am GMT 

TWO STEPS AHEAD OF YOU

i_heart_dvorak wrote:
Mondays Are Hell: Dvorak Edition. A certain character has been lovingly appropriated from its respective owner and probably mangled beyond recognition, for which I apologize ex post facto.

Where the hell am I?

That was the first thought which crossed his mind--if you could call the rat's nest of garbled, half-formed notions which currently buzzed between his ears even remotely thought-like. The second was, more or less directly translated, Fuuuuuuuck.

A sudden, unpleasant jolt twisted his stomach, and Fritz Dalibor peeled himself off the floorboards of an unfamiliar entrance hall. The apartment was dim and quiet as he groped his way unsteadily to where he assumed a bathroom was likely to be; finding it just in time, he collapsed over the toilet bowl, and proceeded to spend the next few minutes reflecting on all the bad decisions he had made the night before. Or rather, attempting to reflect. His memories were. . . fuzzy, to put it generously. Whatever he'd been drinking the night before had certainly done a number on him, and he was still reeling as he hauled himself to his feet and slumped against the edge of the bathroom sink. As he twisted the faucet, bending forward to rinse out his mouth and splash his face with the cold water, another worrisome thought occurred to him--or rather, a series of worrisome thoughts.

First: Whose apartment was this?

Second: Was said tenant currently alive?

Third: If yes, had they slept together?

And fourth: If yes, then why the hell had he woken up on the floor?

As he straightened up, turning off the water, he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror, and abruptly wished that he hadn't. To say he looked like shit was something of an understatement. His face was pale and unshaven, and sleeping face-down had imprinted the weave of the throw rug into one cheek with striking accuracy. And of course, his puffy eyes had just enough red in them to make him look like some pathetic second-rate imp running errands for Hell. The devil's office bitch.

. . . Jesus, he needed an aspirin. Or perhaps several.

Making his way out of the bathroom, he set a hand on the doorstop to steady himself--and thus was completely unprepared for the burst of brilliant white light which abruptly struck him right in the eyes. With a strangled shriek of pain, he threw up an arm to shield his face, stumbled back against the door frame, and sank quickly down to the floor.

"Good morning," said a dry, familiar voice. "I see you managed to pass the night without choking to expiration in a pool of your own vomit; allow me to be the first to offer my congratulations."

"Damn you, Macaulay. Damn you to hell and back. Twice." And with these hoarse, vindictive gasps, Fritz simply gave up, sinking the rest of the way to the immaculately swept floorboards until he lay sprawled on his back, still with one arm over his eyes like a faint-hearted damsel straight out of the moving pictures.

A pair of very green eyes swept coolly over the pathetic spectacle. The owner of the flat made no attempt to conceal the way his lip curled, though Fritz was in no condition to appreciate the nuances of his expression. Releasing his hold on the curtains, Macaulay leaned back against the wall, folding his arms over his chest. The situation was, at present, so utterly offensive to his sensibilities that he scarcely knew where to begin. And so, he merely waited--at first, that is.

However, when the Czech made no sign of moving--it was only the slow rise and fall of his chest which betrayed the fact that he yet lived--Macaulay grimaced and put a hand to his temple. "Dalibor."

No response.

"Dalibor. If you've fallen asleep again, I swear, I will not hesitate to--"

"Alright, alright, I'm up, I'm up," Fritz groused, rolling over onto his stomach. From there, he managed to scrabble up onto his hands and knees, and using the wall for support, rose tipsily to his feet. "Jesus Christ, would you close the god damn curtains?"

"It is eight-thirty in the morning," said Macaulay, "on a Monday."

This revelation gave him pause. This time, the main source of his concern was due to the fact that, if Macaulay was telling the truth--and Fritz had a sneaking suspicion that he was, in fact, doing just that--then he did not remember Sunday happening. At all.

"Fuck," he muttered, putting a hand to his face. At which point, a horrifying revelation struck him:

Darla.

Darla had no idea where he was. Flipping instantly to the worst case scenario, he found his mind flooded by lurid images of Darla racing through deserted streets, one baby under each arm, hopelessly yelling out his name to the damp fog of the alleyways. Had she called the police? Christ, he hoped not. But then again, even the police was preferable to a second, ghastly option, one which stirred his already-unsettled stomach into a churning mess of anxiety. What if she'd called Danny? Danny would, he suspected, murder him without hesitation, even if he hadn't compromised his marital vows. Even if it meant leaving his children to grow up as fatherless orphans in a cold harsh world of--

"Excuse me," he muttered weakly, squinting hard against the light as he turned a grim expression towards Macaulay. "It is quite necessary that I make a phone call to my wife."

"I recommend," Macaulay replied curtly, "that you don't."

"But--"

He was cut off by a withering stare. Stepping away from the wall, Macaulay--who, Fritz noticed, was already fully dressed, and immaculate as usual--turned his back on the Czech and began walking away, into the kitchen. "I phoned her last night," he added off-handedly, without even bothering to turn around. ". . . and before you ask, I did think it best to spare her the unappetizing details of your condition."

Breathing a guilty sigh of relief, Fritz shoved his hands into his pockets and slouched his way into the kitchen, trailing Macaulay by a good few paces. After all, with his reflexes so compromised, he determined it was best to stay out of arm's reach. At least for the time being.

"So, if you don't mind my asking. . ." he began a moment later, a little too nonchalant as he leaned his shoulder against the doorway and watching Macaulay's back as the other man set about making what appeared to be a pot of tea, "what. . . exactly. . . transpired? Last night." Already, a note of trepidation was creeping its way into his voice, in spite of himself. "That is to say. . ."

"At a quarter to one, you pounded furiously on my door, and refused to leave until I had assured you that my previous ties to your wife were those of platonic friendship, wholly within the bounds of propriety."

". . . oh."

Macaulay turned sharply to face him then, holding a cup of tea delicately in his slim, pale fingers. There was nothing delicate, however, about the scathing look with which his eyes met Fritz's, and the latter was hard put not to wince.

". . . tea," he remarked at last, just a little too cheery as a flashed a painfully toothy grin. "Tea would be lovely."

Macaulay's eyes flickered down to the cup of tea in his hands, and then back up to meet Fritz's gaze. Painfully unamused. "This," he said icily, "is for me. Now, if you would be so kind as to get the hell out of my house."

Forty-three seconds later, as Fritz began his unsteady pilgrimage homeward, he silently praised whatever higher power had somehow managed to keep him alive thus far that Macaulay was, in fact, close to his wife. Because even in his present, deeply hungover state, he could easily discern that it was not for his own sake that Macaulay had allowed him to pass the night face-down on his floor. And while he still had to drag his ass home and face up to his wife, he was comforted by the fact that, if this was indeed Monday, then the rest of the week could really only go uphill from here.

Hey kid.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:40 am GMT 

Ugh, I've said it before but you write Macaulay too well.

Ahoy!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:43 am GMT 

I feel like this p. much epitomizes my whole headcanon of their friendship.

Hey kid.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:45 am GMT 

You say "friendship". I think you mean "the tentative owning of one mutual acquaintance --> preventing near-instantaneous murder".

Ahoy!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:11 pm GMT 

Anywhere in particular I should take things on my next post? Quincy's reaction, then back to St. Louis? Or elsewhere...?

Hey kid.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:47 pm GMT 

Quincy -> St Louis may be a plan! Let's face it, she's going to get him sprung out of prison for a field trip. Maybe skip to as he sets foot flanked by a couple of nasty guards into her office ready to become a real investigator! ... Of sorts!

Hey kid.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:12 am GMT 

So Gratty does not trust Quincy as far as she can throw him, and since she probably couldn't pick up his arm that's saying something. This is obviously for good reason quince you maniac.

Last edited by Nerfiti on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:31 am GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Ahoy!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:31 am GMT 

Just wait until she plies him with lattes :DDD

Hey kid.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:35 am GMT 

Honestly I am worried about what the caffeine content will do.

Hey kid.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:12 am GMT 

So you can probably tell that I love Gustave very much.

Tldr: I can't wait to shoot him up somehow.

Ahoy!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:47 am GMT 

THE INFAMOUS GUSTAVE

hahaha we meet at last

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next