THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:43 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Armed With A Smile and A Gun
 Post subject: Midnight Run (Frank_B.)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:17 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Armed With A Smile and A Gun
The backwoods surrounding the Mississippi River were never the best place to be, at dark it took a even deadlier turn, with local snakes, spiders, and other deadly creatures coming out, but the animals weren't your only problem when faced with the dark foreboding landscape. Local bootleggers and moonshiners using the backwoods as still sights, being about the safest area to avoid local Law Enforcement that search St. Louis, and the rival gangsters that pose threat to blooming businesses. With some speaks being set up well outside of sight of any competition or lawman, but even in the backwoods you have enemies, but the one group most of the local shiners knew best then to mess with, were the Jagneaux Clan, despite being one of the newest to the illegal liquor game, they were arguably one of the most deadly to get stuck in competition with.

The "Slugger" was one of the Clan's main speakeasies, located far from the city and out of reach of most gangs, gaining liquor off of river by robbing boats transporting their hooch to gangs in the city and the Clan's stills located throughout the backwoods, ran by one of the clan's more brutal members Raymond "Buck" Jagneaux and one of their more guarded operations, most people who come to the speak know better then to get rowdy unless they want to end up outside, brutally beaten as a warning to others. Recent rumours however spread fast through the backwoods and the docks of St. Louis that the Clan had recently stolen a large shipment of liquor coming up the Mississippi that was headed to one of the more powerful gangsters in the city and shortly after the guards at the Speakeasy had became a lot more wary of people coming to the speakeasy from Saint Louis, running off most cityfolk in the recent weeks following the ship's sinking for unknown reasons.

Tonight was no different, the guards patrolling the area outside the speakeasy to make sure no "unsavory" characters showed up as the patrons inside drank to their hearts content. In the back of the speakeasy, Raymond was argueing with Everett, glancing out the window every few moments, then glaring back at his brothers, his tail twitching aggressively, and a bottle of liquor in his hand.

"I've 'bout had it up to here wit' ya friends runnin' off every cityslicker who comes here, it's costin' us more than it's helping.." He growled at his brother after drinking some of the liquor.

"Well sorry that I'm tryin' to keep us from endin' up as catfish bait!" Everett yelled, his ear twitching annoyed as he paced back in forth. "You best not ferget who got ya the support of the others over this!" He sat down in one of the wooden chairs near a small table next to the window, sighing as he glared at his brother annoyed. God how he hated when Ray got into one of his rants, always getting angry at him or one of their kin over something they'd done..

He watched as his brother growled, downing the rest of the liquor from the bottle before smashing it on the the window sill, tossing the bottle outside as he calmed down.."This is gonna be a long night.." He thought to himself as he leaned back.

Do you wanna have a bad time?
 Post subject: Re: Midnight Run (Frank_B.)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:23 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Do you wanna have a bad time?
It was a rather quiet night, deep in the woods. At this time of the evening, nothing disturbed the unending silence of the night. Nothing besides a quiet, barely audible whimper. Said whimper came from a thin, well dressed man, tied to a tree trunk. In frontof this man stood another, taller man.
The standing man kept looking at the tied man, as he brandished a crowbar in front of him.

"So, as I said before Mr. Leroi, my friend was not amused by the things you said about him." The man named Richard knelt down, getting closer to the tied man. "But don't worry, he can still show you some pity, if you accept his proposal."

The man looked away, visibly terrified of Richard. He simply gave the other man a patient smile, but deep down, the only thing he wanted was to leave him there for good. He had spent the last three hours trying to convince him the man to work for his employer again. Who was this man? Who was his employer? Why go through this much trouble just to get him to work for him again? All this questions kept popping in Richard's head, but the truth was that none of the answers mattered. This was just another job. And he was already getting annoyed by it.

He stood there for a moment, waiting for a response, but the man stayed silent. Richard let out a sigh, bored. "Well, obviously you want to think it over. I understand. I'll be back by the morning, hopefully you will have an answer then." He said while getting up. The tied man kept avoiding eye contact.

Richard started walking away, as he said to the man: "Please, do try to reconsider my friend's offer. Otherwise, I might have to...", he looked back at the man, a smirk on his face. "Well, just try to reconsider, Mister Leroi. Have a good night."
And with that he left. He kept walking in a straight line, never deviating from his path. He knew exactly what he was looking for, and where to find it.

After a while he got to the place he was looking for. The Slugger, or so they told him the place was called. If this was the place Richard was looking for, then he really was in for quite the evening. He approached the entrance, not even bothering to throw away or hide the crowbar he kept holding on to.

"Good evening, gentlemen." He said happily to a couple guards that were standing in front of the entrance. "I've been looking around all night trying to find a place to drink. Hopefully this place can satisfy my need for liquor." The guards didn't answer, and simply stood there, in front of the door.
"Is that really the way you treat costumers?" Richard said, unfazed. "I know you guys are just doing your job, but I suggest you to ask your boss to let me in, before things get messy."

Only if it is profitable to me. -Virgil Mauvais

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:57 pm GMT 

When Richard's approach was met by the silence of the two men at the front, His reply attracted the attention of two leaning on the wall, as the two other guards walked around, glaring at the man suspiciously, the burlier of the two who was armed with a 8 Gauge Coach Gun seemed to be a lot more weary of the fellow than his three compadres, with both of the shotgun's barrels aimed at the man even before they had heard the formal threat, though the hammers were pulled into firing position as soon as he saw the crowbar, ready to fire at the first sign of trouble.

The second of the two new arrivals spat out a wad of chewing tobacco, before glaring at the man. "Whatchu want wit' Buck, nancy boy?" He said as he folded his arms glancing Richard up and down suspiciously. "I thought we done made it clear with the last fella that we don't like you fancy folk comin' down here, so 'lessen you got a good damn reason to be here, much less to speak wit' Buck, ya'll better start goin' back the way ya came.." He growled as the burlier redneck next to him nodded in agreement with a barely understandable grumble of words followed by a rather threatening poke in the gut with the barrels of the shotgun.

(Grumble:"You on our land now nancy-boy. Best start talkin' 'fore we lose our patience wit' ya, less you wanna end up like the last'n, like Travis said.")

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:58 pm GMT 

Richard let out a chuckle, trying his best to keep calm. "Nancy boy? Good thing Virgil's not around, else things would have gone messy rather quickly." He thought to himself, somewhat amused by that thought.

While it would have been easy to just beat them all right there (or at least that's what he told himself), Richard knew not to let his instict get the better of him. He had come to do a job, and that's what he was going to do. Regardless of the sudden need to smash open some heads.
"Not yet Ric. Not just yet." He thought to himself, gripping the crowbar with force.

Things were not going as planned, but he couldn't just leave like that. This time, wantom violence just wouldn't cut it. It was time to use diplomacy.
"Want a good reason? What about this: I'll be willing to pay a large sum to enter if needed." He said as he pulled out a wad of dollars out of his pocket, waving it around in a slightly theatrical way.

"You guys should really let me in, though. I was planning on meeting your boss to try and reach a...bussiness agreement." He stopped himself from saying too much, then added, just to fill the silence "But mostly I came here to drink. I'm sure you can sympathize with that."

"But if you'd rather loose on this much cash just to keep me out, that's fine. I'm sure your boss will be delighted to hear how you guys made him lose more than a year's worth of money." He said shrugging, a smug smile on his face.

Last edited by Frank_Blank on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:48 pm GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:16 pm GMT 

The two guards' eyes widened when they saw Richard pull out the wad of cash, The first smirking while the bulkier shotgunner just looked dumbfounded at the man. The two glanced at each other, before both smirking, half out of their own greed, and half out of the fact that the man seemed hellbent on going in. They quickly whispered to each other, arguing silently on if to let the man in, or to just shoot him for being so stubborn.

As soon as they heard the threat of the Raymond finding out however, they quickly made up their minds, glancing back at Richard, as the shotgunner took a few steps behind him, poking him in the back with the barrels followed by a rather loud growl and a grumble of annoyance as the First one's smirk returned.

"Ya'll know we could just shoot ya and take the cash.."The first one smirked for a while, before the smirk quickly fading, "But we're feelin' a little generous t'night.." He chuckled slightly, before turning serious. "But that don't mean ya'll going in there with the crowbar or without ol' Wallace behind ya." He said, a slight hint of annoyance from hearing the smug tone.

His glance turned to the shotgunner, who for once spoke without mumbling instead being a gruff voice, with a slight hint of a Cajun accent that had began to fade, "You goin' in, but ya make one wrong move , and it'll be the last thing you ev'a do.." The shotgunner stopped talking, returning to his average grumble of sentences after coughing slightly and rubbing his throat. He grumbled, glaring at the cash "Hand ov'a the money and drop the crowbar, then you go in..and if'n you even try and act like a smartass, ya'll's head is gettin' blown off clear to China..Got't?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:51 pm GMT 

"Good thing you people are reasonable." Richard said, still smirking, not even bothered by the shotgun aiming at his back. He had gotten what he wanted, but getting in was the easy part. He still had no idea what he would do once inside, but he would figure something out.

The fact that he had to leave his crowbar annoyed him slightly, but it was something he expected. "Sure thing, you can keep it. Let's just hope I won't be needing it tonight."

He handed over the cash and crowbar to the nearest guard, his smug expression never changing. The guards threats didn't bother him in the slightest bit, he was used to it. A bit too used to it, perhaps.

"Oh, and for the record, I don't think you should shoot me. I have a couple of powerful friends that would make your life hell if you so much as look at me funny." He said, his evil smirk getting slightly wider.

Without waiting for a response, he made his way inside the Slugger. Inside the speakeasy, he took a moment to inspect the place. Truthfully, it didn't seem that bad. Sure, it wasn't anything to brag home about, but it was a lot better than what he expected. But he had not gone to that place just for a drink.

"So, uh, William was it?" He said turning to face the shotgunner "Could you take me in the general direction of your boss's office?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:14 pm GMT 

Wallace stared blankly at him after hearing the man's reason not to shoot him, growling and shoving the barrels harder into his back as Richard walked in reply to the comment. He followed behind him, lowering the shotgun slightly as they walked in. A couple of the men inside would've glanced at Richard for a brief moment, before going back to what they were doing except for another guard with what looked to have used to been a baseball bat, now made into a makeshift spiked-club as rusted nails were surrounding the very tip of the bat.

The burly fellow stood at 7'5, standing next to a busted up door that had 5 or 6 holes shot into it, most likely from an earlier experience. Wallace would point towards the door muttering out a barely audible "They in there." before roughly pushing Richard toward the door, keeping the shotgun in one hand as he nodded towards the large brute, who'd open the door, ducking slightly to get inside after banging his head on the very tip of the top of the door frame, showing he wasn't exactly the most intelligent of the bunch.

"Hey Trapper, Boss. Wallace got some city fella in here." The man had said, glancing at the two brothers. Everett was the first to get up, a frown on his face as he stared at the guard. "What's 'e want?" He said as Raymond had turned, growling slightly. The guard glanced back out the door, as Wallace made a shrug to the big lug, the brute would lean back into the room to the reply. "Uh..I dunno.." He said, leaning against the wall.

"Bring 'im in." Raymond said as his brother turned from the guard, glaring at him. Raymond ignored his brother's glare, but sat at a small table, looking slightly annoyed at the whole ordeal as he pulled out his Colt revolver, setting it next to him on the table and proceeded to pull the hammer back on it and lower it as he sat waiting. The brute would have stopped leaning on the wall, ducking back out nodding towards Wallace "Ya'll go in.." He ducked back in the room as Wallace tapped Richard with the barrels of the shotgun as a way to tell him to start moving.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:27 am GMT 

(Tryin' to revive this thing.. and FYI the reason there's a fellow at 7'5 is because of Gigantism.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:57 pm GMT 

(Hey, sorry I took so long, life kept getting in the way, college exams and what not. Next time I'll warn you though.)

As they made their way inside, Richard made sure to take mental notes about everything he saw inside, in case he needed to make a quick getaway, or a break in. He took special notice of every other guard inside, and what kind of weapon they were carrying. The one that standed out the most was the gigantic one by the office. If anything went wrong, taking care of that one was the biggest priority. Probably using the spiked bat from the other fellow.

But there were more important matters right now, such as trying to make a deal without being shot in the face.

"Allow me to present myself, name's Richard, you may have heard of me." He said extenting his hand, waiting for a handshake he knew
he probably wasn't going to receive. Still, it didn't hurt to show some manners.

He waited a moment for a response, before asking, "So, who's exactly the one in charge here?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:49 am GMT 

(It's fine.)

Raymond sat silent, watching Richard with a look of clear annoyance as his brother glared at Richard with disdain. They had already treated the last fellow to walk into the speakeasy by breaking his legs and throwing him in the woods just hours earlier and already there was another man, probably sent by the same person as the first. Raymond set the Colt revolver on the table, his hand still grasped around it as he waited for his brother.

Everett was the first of the two to speak up after hearing Richard's name. "You're either an dumbass, or a brave fella fer comin' up here after what happened to the last two..maybe both.." He said, only to get met by a stern glare from Raymond. Outside the window there would be the unmistakeable sound of a gun going off, followed by a thud, a scream, and two sets of laughter. "Make that the last three.." As he stopped talking a second gunshot went off and the screams of pain died out while the laughter kept going.

Once Richard asked who was in charge of the speak, both Raymond and Everett glared at him, speaking at the exact same time, "What's it to you?" Raymond would be resisting the urge to just yank up the revolver and shoot him, and that clearly showed on his face and how his arm was twitching.