THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:13 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:34 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
Amelia paled, her eyes widening when she saw the hidden shotgun. She tried to regain her composure, however, and turned to Jack, standing tense and shaking slightly from the nerves.

"Well, why did you invite me if you didn't expect me to show up?" she asked, her voice trembling slightly, "Is that why you didn't even bother to tell me where to meet you?"

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 

Armed With A Smile and A Gun
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:12 pm GMT 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 pm GMT
Posts: 58
Custom Title: Armed With A Smile and A Gun
" 'Cus I wanted to see if ya was better then most fancy folk, ya gotta understand I haven't had decent run-ins lately, but right now let's just get outside so ya don't end up gettin' hurt." He said, stepping over the wire, sighing when he noticed her shakeing nervously.

He grumbled straightening his cap. "I did tell ya where to find me, but I didn't expect ya to head out around night time, and then Amos showed up so I thought ya weren't coming." He said, still glancing back. He bit his lip, glancing back at Amelia. "Ya can ask more once ya don't have the risk of alerting my boss and his gun tottin' buddy."


Top
 Profile  
 

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:07 pm GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
Amelia, still shaking slightly, followed Jack on out of the warehouse, giving him odd looks as they walked.

"You're really confusing," she said slowly, "You tell me to come, then say you don't expect me to, and all you say is 'the docks', and expect me to know exactly where to go.."

She didn't sound angry or annoyed. Amelia was honestly just very confused about all of this.

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 

Armed With A Smile and A Gun
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:18 pm GMT 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 pm GMT
Posts: 58
Custom Title: Armed With A Smile and A Gun
He cringed slightly when he noticed the looks, trying not to glance up. "Just great..have fun explainin' this mess to her...." He thought to himself, sighing.

Jack sighed, a nervous grin on his face. "It's just ya get used to things when ya tend to work for some of the meanest fellas to come up the Mississippi." He said as he glanced back one last time. "I'm sorry I wasn't really descriptive when I told ya to meet me down here. I'm just a little antsy when it comes to that..Don't know who to trust these days, If I end up yappin' off too much to the wrong people and It might cost me a lot more than a job, if ya understand." He glanced towards the two boats docked next to the warehouse, nodding towards them as a hint.

"So that's why I didn't say too much 'bout exactly where to meet me..Quite a lot of fellas in the city don't exactly see me as a friend, and they see the chance to follow somethin' or somebody, they gonna do it." He said, he stopped sounding nervous as he stopped glancing at the boats. "Put simply, My boss messes with a lot of fellas you don't want to see angry.."


Top
 Profile  
 

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:30 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
Amelia stood tense, pursing her lips as she listened to Jack. It didn't take much to understand what he was meaning, how dangerous his life had to be. This was not something Amelia had ever dealt with before. She was the girl used to nice and safe, and honestly, boring.

"Well, I guess I understand watching what you say around people," she said finally, glancing towards the warehouse before back to Jack, "I take it I showed up at a bad time? Sorry about that."

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 

Armed With A Smile and A Gun
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:45 pm GMT 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 pm GMT
Posts: 58
Custom Title: Armed With A Smile and A Gun
Jack had tensed, his ears flat in a nervous stupor, but as soon as he heard Amelia's reply, he relaxed, sighing in relief, partially of her understanding of his situation, and partially of the fact he had gotten that off of his chest. "Thank god..for once someone who ain't a complete" he thought to himself, smiling.

"It's fine, to be honest ya could've shown up at a lot worse of a time." He half-heartedly laughed ,but he watched her glance back towards the warehouse. "Amos wouldn't really care 'bout not showin' up tonight anyway..hopefully." He said, though sounded slightly quieter when he said "hopefully" to make sure she didn't hear. He knew that most likely Amos would bash him in the face if he figured out exactly why he wouldn't show up...but Amos wasn't the smartest person in the world, so maybe he wouldn't be too pissed.


Top
 Profile  
 

Armed With A Smile and A Gun
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:01 pm GMT 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 pm GMT
Posts: 58
Custom Title: Armed With A Smile and A Gun
(Click, clack, gonna bring it back.)


Top
 Profile  
 

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:27 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
((Sorry, things got a bit hectic for a while))

Amelia nodded, watching Jack closely.

"I don't want to get you in any trouble," she said, then grinned a little, "And I guess I should've asked when to come, huh?"

She was still a bit awkward and nervous. After all, she'd never done anything like this before.

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 

Armed With A Smile and A Gun
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:39 pm GMT 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 pm GMT
Posts: 58
Custom Title: Armed With A Smile and A Gun
(It's alright.)

"Naw It's fine." Jack said, glancing back at her, it was rather rare for him to see someone, much less a girl, keep calm over the previous few minutes and the fact she had only barely missed getting herself shot earlier.

He chuckled glancing at her, he couldn't help but smirk at the question. "It would've been helpful, but we all make mistakes." His slight nervousness seemed to fade away almost instantly. "Ya'll still wanna head down the river, as I said 'fore, couple friends down there own a speak down there." He said, as he took his cap off for a moment, twirling it. "It ain't like some of the places in the city, but it is a helluva lot safer than the speakeasies 'round here."


Top
 Profile  
 

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:24 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
The honest truth was, Amelia was quite shaken and frightened. But being around those she had to pretend to be a part of, she'd grown skilled at masking fear most of the time. Her tail kept twitching back and forth, however. That was one thing she couldn't hide.

"That sounds good," Amelia said to the question of going down to a speakeasy, "I've never actually been to one in the city, so I wouldn't know what to compare it to."

Though that didn't mean Amelia had never drank before. In fact, it was the only thing she did take to among the forced 'friends'. They'd hide away in the attic or basement of one of their houses and go through bottles of whatever was handy. Though Amelia had never had anything home-brewed. She'd heard the stories and knew this would be an...interesting experience.

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 

Armed With A Smile and A Gun
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:54 pm GMT 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 pm GMT
Posts: 58
Custom Title: Armed With A Smile and A Gun
Jack smiled warmly, clearly oblivious of her nervously twitching tail. "You'll like it, trust me." He walked off towards one of the two boats that were docked next to the warehouse, he hopped down into a small wooden boat, he quietly moved a couple stray items around to make room on the small fishing boat, muttering to himself as he did so. He couldn't help but think to himself exactly how well this had worked out for him. He finished moving the last stray item, a buffalo rifle, making sure to set it beneath one of the seats to make sure it wouldn't be nudged and go off by accident.

"That's better.." He glanced up, looking back towards Amelia and waving for her to come over. He hoped for the best as he sat down at the back of the boat glancing at the warehouse a final time before thinking to himself..not many of the men at the speakeasy were the friendly sort to people from the city..He groan lightly, shaking his head. "I wish I'd thought this through.."

(Sorry for the late reply, been real busy recently.)


Top
 Profile  
 

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:24 pm GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
((that's fine! I often have a lot of distractions going on as well.))

Amelia stood silent, hugging her coat around her as she watched Jack clear out seats on the boat, her eyes carefully following the rifle. She'd never really been around guns much, and they made her nervous. Even more than what was going on now. Her tail kept twitching, and when Jack motioned for her to get in the boat, she hesitated for a moment before carefully climbing in, settling herself down and letting a hand close around the broken locket again.

"Well, I am looking forward to this," she said, steadying her voice and giving Jack a small grin.

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 

Armed With A Smile and A Gun
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:12 pm GMT 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 pm GMT
Posts: 58
Custom Title: Armed With A Smile and A Gun
He smiled as he untied the rope keeping the boat tethered to the docks. "So this your first time outside the city I assume?" He asked as he sat down, humming to himself as he started rowing the boat. He noticed her hand gripping her locket, and her tail twitching. He slowly stopped humming as he watched her slightly concerned. "Her tail's twitchin'..that ain't a good sign." he thought to himself, biting his lower lip. He looked over his shoulder one last time, before glancing back at her nervously, unsure of his decision.

"You A'ight?" He asked calmly, yet a hint of a concerned tone would be tugging on the words as his ears went flat.


Top
 Profile  
 

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:36 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
((so sorry for the long wait. Life's been chaotic and for a while, thanks to a falling out with a so-called 'friend', I just lost interest in rping. Hoping to be back in the groove now))

"Y-yes, I'm fine," Amelia gave the boy the best grin she could muster, "You're right, I've never really been out of the city before. At least at night. There's been day trips with some of my schoolmates and such, but I've never been out much after dark..."

Amelia took a deep breath, glancing around her. Her tail twitched slightly but she was trying to compose herself. She'd committed to this. She wanted to get out from under her mother's rule. This was something she'd always wanted to do and she couldn't back out now.

"It's a bit exciting, really," she said, and it was. She was nervous as hell but there was also that kernel of excitement forming deep inside. She'd never done anything like this before.

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 

Armed With A Smile and A Gun
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:45 pm GMT 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 pm GMT
Posts: 58
Custom Title: Armed With A Smile and A Gun
(It's fine dude. I've also been off the grid for a while for my own reasons, mostly the passing of family members, Sorry for not replying sooner though, and if this seems a bit iffy, it's because I haven't RPed in a while.)

Jack smiled, letting out a short chuckle. "It's more fun after the sun sets, as long as ya know the right folks and the right places, you can do or get about anything out here." He focused on rowing, but would always watch the shoreline out of habit. He knew there wasn't much to fear at night on the river, but he always took the saying "Better safe than sorry" to heart when out on the river, as most people had.

As he continued to row, a small, dim light started to come into view, and soon after a small ramshackle dock made of planks and After rowing closer to the dock he grabbed the end of the rope and tying it to the dock. After making sure the knot was tied well so the rope wouldn't come loose, he climbed onto the dock before offering his hand to Amelia. "C'mon up, not much further now."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group