THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Armed With A Smile and A Gun
 Post subject: Re: Chanced Run-In ((Buck))
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:47 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Armed With A Smile and A Gun
"It's a'ight.." He sighed, leaning against the tree again, he usually wouldn't blurt out about his family, but he didn't want anybody to end up the way his uncle had..He never did fully understand what made his uncle so depressed, but didn't like to think about it, he pushed the thoughts into the back of his mind as he sighed.

He rolled his eyes slightly, smirking. " 'eck I dropped out of school at fifteen, and look at me, I ain't in the best predicament, but the job I got pays lot better then most jobs 'round here..really just depends on what comes up the Mississippi." He said, the smile still on his face. He didn't let on too much about his 'Job' but it was pretty obvious from how it sounded he enjoyed it. To most people it would be an easy assumption of him being a fisherman...

But, to anyone who knew the news from the past couple days, there were stories of boats being robbed that came up from down south, it was rather suspicious how he spoke of working on the river in the way he did, but to most people it would be easier to assume he was just an average fisher.

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:49 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
Amelia wasn't sure how to take what Jack said. He could easily just be a fisherman, but she'd been reading the paper and the news of boats being attacked. But if he was one of the raiders, would he just so openly imply it like that? Maybe he really was just a fisherman.

"You're not worried about those robbers on the river?" Amelia asked.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:17 pm GMT 

Jack shook his head, the smile still on his face. "Naw, I don't think they'd care 'bout fish.. Most the boats robbed I hear had liquor on 'em.." He'd clearly sound as if he was lying, but he wouldn't pick up on his tone, continuing to speak. "The only people that live on that stretch of river where the boats go down are the Jagneauxs.." He said, he knew that he almost messed up, but he quickly tried covering it.

He didn't know much about the Jagneaux compound besides that only trusted friends and Family of the Jagneauxs were allowed into the clan's main compound. He never personally got near the compound himself, the closest he ever got was Raymond Jagneaux's speakeasy.That was where he met Henri and Amos Jagneaux, his bosses. He and many others knew better then to poke around the Jagneaux property as not only was the Clan known to treat trespassers with lethal force, but there were traps all around the Clan's land, usually animal traps like pit traps that they used for poaching. The Clan rarely came into town unless they were doing business, looking for someone, or needed supplies..the only ones of the Clan that actually spent more than a couple times of year in the town was Raymond and his brothers.. He knew better then to get on the Jagneaux's bad side, and he was sure not many people in town had heard about the Jagneauxs, so it wouldn't hurt to mention them...unless he was around police, he'd always mention them at least once.

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:03 am GMT 

"I have to admit, I don't really know much about those out on the river," Amelia said slowly. "I spend most of my time here in the city."

Though not for lack of want. She really did want to explore more and experience more, but after seventeen years under the control of her mother, one thing Amelia lacked to make that happen was self-confidence.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:46 am GMT 

"I could show ya a couple places I know." He said as he snapped a small, thin branch off the tree he was leaning on. "I know more then a few places on the river, 'eck a friend of mine owns 'bout two of 'em." He tossed the stick to the ground, glancing at her. "I mean if ya want that is."

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:06 am GMT 

Amelia hesitated, watching as Jack broke off the twig. On the one hand, she was used to safety. She hated the life she was in, but at least she wasn't in any trouble. She didn't cross her mother in any way...But at the same time, she hated it. She hated following her mother's rules constantly.

"I'd like that," Amelia said, though the nervousness was clear on her face, "It'd be fun to do something new."

Here Be Characters

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:05 pm GMT 

Jack pushed himself off of the tree, smiling. "A'ight!" He said as he started to walk away quickly. "I'd stay a lil' longer and chat but Amos would kill me if I don't head out." He chuckled as he stopped for a moment. "When ya decide when ya wanna head out, You'll be able to find me down by the docks." He tipped his hat, as he started walking again. "Was a pleasure to meet ya, Amelia!"

"She probably won't head out..I mean that sounded 'bout as welcoming as a insane hobo with a knife sayin' he just wants to say 'Hey'..." He thought to himself as he walked down the street, shaking his head. "If she does, then I gotta give her the benefit of the doubt.."

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:55 pm GMT 

"Um, okay," Amelia said, watching Jack leave. She was still in a small state of confusion, and it wasn't until after he was gone that she realized she didn't exactly know when she was supposed to meet him. Or where, other than 'along the docks on the river'.

Still, as she made her way back to her own home, she couldn't help but feel a sense of thrill at the idea of adventure. She was nervous, but she wanted this. She wanted to get out from under her mother's thumb. It was something that went through Amelia's head all afternoon, and as the sun set that night.

And Amelia made up her mind. She pulled on her coat and a hat, creeping out of the house after she knew her mother would be asleep. Her heart was racing, but she also felt excited. She'd never done something like this. She hurried down the street and took a cab down to the docks, or well, near the docks. She walked the rest of the way, hugging her coat tight around her (and one hand still gripping her dented, broken locket) as she walked along. She kept looking for Jack, glancing back and forth and occasionally looking over her shoulder. She had to admit, she felt pretty out of place here.

Here Be Characters

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:59 pm GMT 

Jack hated being late when Amos was the one who was in charge of the warehouse..It wasn't just because of the fact he didn't like being awake half the night, but that Amos had a tendency to get angry real quick..He knew when Amos was angry, it was going to be a bad time..He looked behind him as he began to enter the broken down warehouse. "God help me if Amos is here.." He thought as he walked into it.

The warehouse had looked as if it was recently abandoned except for the dime lights coming out of it and the boats docked next to it. It had a eerie look to it, something that would usually make people steer clear of it, and for the ones who didn't the inside was not only a treasure trove, but a death trap for anyone who didn't know the layout of the inside, as traps were not only set on the inside, but on certain entrances on the outside. If the traps didn't get the trespasser, the guard inside would..

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:40 pm GMT 

Amelia moved cautiously along the docks, looking around, her heart pounding. Jack had never said where they were supposed to meet. Amelia was just left to wander around on her own, to guess her way around. She didn't see Jack, but she did notice an abandoned warehouse with a few dim lights coming from it. Maybe that's where she was supposed to meet Jack?

Amelia took a deep breath, gripping her coat tighter around her as she made her way towards the warehouse, and stopping at the first door she came to. Slowly, she reached to knock and push the door open, wondering if Jack was there.

Here Be Characters

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:26 pm GMT 

The door would creek loudly, echoing throughout the warehouse. the dim light would illuminate the large surplus of crates of different shapes and sizes, a couple of the crates would be open, while the majority would have looked about as worn as the rest of the building, bullet holes would be in some of the empty crates, while most of the ones unopened would look as if they hadn't been moved in a long time..

Jack heard one of the door creak open, looking behind him. His ears would flatten against his head as he reached into his shirt pocket, pulling out his revolver. "I knew I should've blocked that door back.." He thought as he started heading towards the door, the revolver by his side as he headed through the multitude of crates, carefully watching not only in front of him, but also his feet incase he was to step on any of Amos's tripwires..

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:35 pm GMT 

"Hello?" Amelia called, taking a cautious step into the warehouse, blinking and trying to let her eyes adjust. The moon had given her enough light to walk by, but it was darker inside the warehouse. Amelia couldn't see around, and she didn't know where she was going.

"Is there anyone here?" Amelia called again. Was she even in the right place? She really wished she had stopped Jack and asked exactly where they should meet up...

Here Be Characters

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:51 pm GMT 

Jack turned a corner of the crates, glancing where he heard Amelia's voice. He saw her and noticed one of the tripwires a couple feet ahead.. "Don't move another step!" He was half yelling, half whispering. He set the revolver back into his shirt. "There's a tripwire a little ways in front of ya!" He said, he'd walk out from behind the crates, pointing at the thin wire.

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:51 am GMT 

Amelia jumped backwards towards the door, her ears going back as she stood tense.

"Well, why didn't you warn me I was walking into a death trap?" she asked, her voice going high. She glanced around, trying to find any sight of Jack, then noticed him coming out from behind a crate, "Or even tell me where I was supposed to go?"

Here Be Characters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:31 pm GMT 

"I didn't think you would walk into this place!" He kept his voice low, glancing behind him. "Is she mad?! Does she wanna get shot by Amrel?!" He thought to himself as he started walking over. "Keep your voice down! You and me ain't the only two in here!"

He looked over his back every couple of moments, hoping Amos hadn't heard her. "I'm sorry that I doubted the fact you was comin', I don't really expect most people to stick true to their word.." He said. He was glancing at the end of the tripwire, sighing in relief. "Hey, 'least you're still alive..Anymore steps and you might've been killed.." He walked over to the edge of the tripwire, pushing one of the crates out of the way showing a sawed off shotgun that had been wedged into what looked to be a bolted down beaver trap. The end of the wire had been tied around the trigger in a way that would have been set off if anyone had stepped on the wire.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next