THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:22 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

I'm an adult now! I think?
 Post subject: Re: The Way We Get By ((BBW))
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:07 am GMT 

Custom Title: I'm an adult now! I think?
Ewan shifted in his seat to look at the other man and watched him as he went on to reveal even more about himself than Ewan had expected him to; a sparkle of luck amongst the dung pile of this evening. He tapped his cane against the ground and cooed slightly,

"No fret my dear I can show you the very cheapest of methods to have fun in this city." He grinned and hooked an arm around Alex's shoulders. "Believe me if there's some thing you want to do or need to get a hold of I'll help you, that's what fellow 'recovering Catholics' do am I right?" Ewan promised, a genuine encouraging smile on his face. "Especially fellow catholic school attendees, I'll tell you sourpuss, if you think regular catholic school was hell try catholic boarding school. I've still got visible cane marks on my body." Ewan said with a shudder.

"Say what is it like being an atheist and all?" He asked suddenly, his arm slid from Alex's shoulders and came to rest on the back of the seat. "Never really can get that feeling of some one, some where watching me out of my system, you know what I mean?" He tried to laugh but it sounded a little too weak to be true, "But I suppose that just comes with being told you're doomed for hell for having eyes for the 'wrong' sex."

Characters

Egad!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:52 am GMT 

Custom Title: Egad!
Tiago shot him a glance. There was an innuendo in there somewhere, but for now he didn't shove Ewan's arm off his shoulders. He'd been promised free alcohol, and anyway, he had felt a twinge of sympathy at the mention of the cane. Tiago had gotten hit by a nun before; he wouldn't have wished it on anyone. And even if he felt a bit...squeamish about Ewan's predilections, he couldn't object to them on moral grounds.

He was glad for the question about atheism. It proved an excellent diversion from this discussion of their pasts. "I'm not a pure philosophical atheist. We can't disprove Christianity any more than we can disprove the existence of gods on Mount Olympus. But there's no reason to believe in the omnipotent God of the Bible, either."

The truth was, he did feel someone watching him. But he knew who that was. It wasn't God.

"The guilt is vestigial," he said, turning back to Ewan. "It's a relief, in the end, to know there's no heaven or hell."

I'm an adult now! I think?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:59 am GMT 

Custom Title: I'm an adult now! I think?
"Huh, never knew there was differences in not believing." Ewan said looking bemused at the man's explanation.

The journey remained rather quiet after that, Ewan occasionally providing a joke or varied conversation starters, all of which fizzeled out very quickly, as they always seemed to do with Alex. Though his mood was not one hundred percent there, he'd have been loathed to not pester him a little, he had a reputation to maintain!

When they arrived at the speak the evening had began to bleed into night and the drinking seemed to be in full swing. The room itself was decorated with old funiture and brick a brack. Dark woods off setting the white washed brick of the large cellar along with a few oversized ugly curtains gracing the walls, which would have looked better in a dusty old mansion some where.

Ewan who had been muttering curses all the way down the cramped staircase, hobbled over to the bar to order something hard hitting for the two of them.

Characters

Egad!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:39 am GMT 

Custom Title: Egad!
As Ewan hobbled down the staircase, Tiago took his time, examining the grimy walls of the stairwell. The interior was an improvement, but not by much. He hung back as Ewan ordered their drinks, taking a moment to glance around the speak. The Victorian clutter and moth-eaten curtains were somehow worse than no decor at all. It looked like a pretentious middle-class home circa 1902 had crawled into a basement and died there.

"Posh," said Tiago dryly, as Ewan rejoined him. "Reminds me of home."

Still, he thanked him as he accepted his drink. There were some open stools at the the bar, but that was a tad too social. "Let's find a booth. Out of the way, if possible. If we run into any more of your acquaintances tonight, we might not survive the evening."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6