THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:52 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

I'm an adult now! I think?
 Post subject: Hoodwinking the night away ((Frank))
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:47 pm GMT 

Custom Title: I'm an adult now! I think?
The night was beginning to deepen and speaks all around the city had been open for hours already, the Golden Petal being one of them. Situated near the riverside docks in one of the rougher areas of the city, the building was an average looking townhouse with a large garage built on the side. The entrance to the speakeasy was through a side corridor that was once a poor man’s version of a hothouse. The entrance was a large heavy door with a hatch for the two intimidating bouncers to look through, there was no password or such only a pat down for weapons and people were good to go in, down a set of stairs and into the converted basement. All around the bar was left over decorations from Halloween; clumps of confetti littered the darkened corners of the large room and there were even some streamers dangling from the chandeliers, all of which had some how survived the party.

Ewan had surprisingly turned up on a weeknight, as he’d explained that the boss was letting him have time off tomorrow for ‘good behaviour’, so he needed a hangover to make it worthwhile. For the moment he was hanging back by the bar chatting with Joe, well more like yelling until Joe was able to understand. He was waiting for that night’s band lead to finish the set and free up the piano. Intending to take center stage as he knocked back booze, which he considered a damn fine way to entertain the crowd. Which after the Halloween party was surprisingly big. More often than not it took nearly a week after before people made their way back to the Petal. The Halloween Parties at the Petal were becoming notorious for being one big show, which drew in bigger crowds than normal. The flamboyant nature of the holiday mixed with costumes and theatrics seemed to drive the mostly gay customers into a frenzy.

Ewan’s right knee had been aching all day, so he’d resided to leaning on his cane tonight. Whilst he was standing there, he couldn’t help but watch alongside Joe as newcomers were being let in. He wondered in the back of his mind how the big guy coped with having to stand watch over the door, despite having two guards almost as big as him doing a fine enough job. Ewan figured it was just Mama being jumpy after a couple of ‘normal’ folks caused a fuss lately. Not realising the Golden Petal was ‘that type’ of bar, until they were boozed up and rowdy.

Characters

Do you wanna have a bad time?
 Post subject: Re: Hoodwinking the night away ((Frank))
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:19 am GMT 

Custom Title: Do you wanna have a bad time?
Three men were camly walking down the street. Despite moving together as a group, they could not have looked any more different from one another. The man by the left was the smallest of them, his head barely reaching the middle man's shoulder. Said man was the most average looking of the three, except for the scar spread around his cheek, and a slightly deranged look in his eyes. By his side stood the tallest and biggest man out of the three. He standed out the most, not only because of his size, but he was also the most neatly dressed. Top hat, cane, suit, it all poped out compared to the plain looking trenchcoats the other two were wearing.
The three men had been walking for a while now, but had just stopped infront of a completely incospicous looking house. They stood there for a moment, until the man in the middle finally decided to break the silence.

"You sure this is the place?" The man named Richard asked.

"Indeed it is, my friend." The large man, Virgil answered, as he turned to face the other two. "And now we part ways for the time being. I hope the deal goes well, Lautaro."

"It will, don't worry. I'm not alone this time." The small man said, pointing with his head towards Richard.

"Remind me again why do you need me tonight. " Richard wondered aloud.

"I needed a bodyguard." Lautaro said bluntly, not wanting to repeat himself again.

"Yeah, but why me?"

"Your reputation precedes you. Need I say more?" He asked sarcastically. Richard simply simply shook his head, as he began walking away, saying "Whatever, let's get going already, we'll be late."

"See you in an hour or so." Lautaro said as he and Richard calmly walked away into the night.
Virgil waved them goodbye, then made his way inside the speakeasy. The place was crowded with people, not unlike any other of those high society reunions Virgil enjoyed sneaking into. But unlike those events, there was a lot more energy in the air, something that made the whole place seem a lot more alive than any of those so called "parties". Also, the liquor probably helped.
After he took a moment to take it all in, Virgil strutted to the counter and sat by a nearby chair.
"Would you kindly bring me your finest bottle of wine? White wine, if possible."

Only if it is profitable to me. -Virgil Mauvais

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:50 am GMT 

Joe cocked his head when he saw a guy dressed to the nines heading down the stairs, it wasn’t rare to have their customers dress up in their best but the fella must have gotten a fair few looks when he was making his way there; Joe was unsure if he’d even seen a top hat outside of a picture book. Joe looked at Ewan after a sharp elbow nudged him the side, a wide smile on the younger man's face as he spotted the same guy. Such a built, well-dressed guy was either up to some thing or was a riot to party with, possibly both and Ewan was set on finding out.

The bar tender nodded in affirmation then whistled over the music and sound of the crowd to the other tender, he then waved a couple of signals and set to quickly fulfilling another customer’s order. The other bar tender reached down to the floor and pulled up a hatch that led to a dug out cellar, the women disappeared down into it for a minute or two then popped up holding a bottle under her arm. The hatch was dropped closed and the woman moved over to serve Virgil. The dust was quickly wiped away and the cork pulled, a clean wine glass seemingly appearing from nowhere with how fast her hands were moving.

Joe and Ewan both watched with interest before the larger man remembered his task and fixed his gaze on the door once more. Ewan on the other hand just smiled and continued to watch the rare treat of some one ordering the wine, both the regulars and himself knowing the stores from the last smuggling trip were low and would remain so until a new delivery just before New Years. He whistled long and low chuckling before edging closer to the new comer, leaning on his own cane.

“That’s a real good wine there big spender, never seen you round these parts, you get lost Mr..?” Ewan asked with a slightly flirtatious drawl. The bar tender shook her head with a smirk at Ewan’s antics, it was well known if Ewan was in he would be the first in line to welcome a new face. She was pouring out a small amount for the gentleman to taste, the bottle held ready to pour more if it held up to the man’s tastes.

Characters

Do you wanna have a bad time?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:38 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Do you wanna have a bad time?
Before Virgil could even taste the wine, a young man approached him. He took a quick look at him. Young, fairly well dressed. Quite the looker, or so thought Vergil. And he was obviously interested enough to try and make conversation, unlike most people, who always suspected the worst from him just by the way he looked. They were right most of the time, but still. Whatever the case, Vergil felt that he needed a break from hanging out with common thugs, paranoid gang leaders and gun wielding maniacs, even if some of his closest friends fell right into those categories. That's why he had entered the speakeasy in the first place. Now it seemed like the best time to try to meet new people.

“Indeed, I believe this is my first time in this particular establishment. Name’s Virgil.“ He said as he extended his gloved hand, a smile on his face. “Pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

After the introductions were done, he went back to his wine for a moment. He took a small sip first, taking a moment to savor it, before delicately but quickly drinking the whole glass.
“Ah, quite a delectable taste. It was truly worth the price of admission. You may leave the bottle; I’ll try to save some for later.”

Only if it is profitable to me. -Virgil Mauvais

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:47 am GMT 

Ewan took the hand immediately giving it a firm shake whilst being careful of the other's drink. "Well now it's a pleasure for both of us Virgil, the name's Ewan." Ewan laughed still holding the other's hand as he announced his liking the wine in such a dramatic manner; this fella seemed like a hoot.

The bar tender gave a simple nod then set to filling Virgil's glass fully before setting the bottle on the bar and seeing to another customer. Joe turned to watch what Ewan was up to and seeing him crowding the new guy he reached out with a large hand, hooked his fingers into the belt loop of Ewan's trousers and pulled him a little ways back giving the larger man some breathing space.

"Ewan mind personal spaces." He drawled Louisiana accent coming in strong as he raised his voice at the younger cat. "Sorry don't mind him he's harmless, most of the time anyways." Ewan only smiling and silently chuckling at how easily Joe had dragged him backwards.

Characters