THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message

Do you wanna have a bad time?
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Off the Train ((Frank))
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:28 pm GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:54 pm GMT
Posts: 105
Location: Argentina (or anywhere with an internet conection)
Custom Title: Do you wanna have a bad time?
Richard was a bit surprised at what Violet had just said, but then again, what did he expect? She had been living on the street, probably for her whole life. It was a bit childish of him to assume she would know how to read.

"Oh, sure. Sorry, I should have known better." he said, feeling slightly awkward.

"So apparently, this guy right here" he said while pointing at the picture "he's the owner of this restaurant. This place is apparently both a fancy restaurant, and a speakeasy." "Basically, we have to get in there, kill him, and get out, " he sighed "but we have to do it as stealthy as possible."

The idea of stealth didn't bothered him too much, but he always preffered using the direct approach. But, there were some times where going in a place, all guns blazin was just too impractical, even for him. This was one of those times.

"So, you following me so far?" he asked, as he took a moment to look around to make sure nobody was overhearing any of what they were saying.

_________________
Do you like hurting other people? - Richard - Hotline Miami
Yes, sadly I do. - Richard (no relation) Swain
Maybe, but I wouldn't be the one to pull the trigger.- Lautaro Quiroga
Only if it is profitable to me. -Virgil Mauvais


Top
 Profile  
 

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Off the Train ((Frank))
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:16 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
Violet pulled the picture over closer to her to study as Richard explain what they had to do. Violet had killed before, but in self-defense. It'd never been something planned in advance. However, she knew that this was something that needed to be done. She'd signed up for this and she was going to see it through. Once she went into that building, she knew that she was going to have to go through with it or be killed herself. She just had to tell herself it was self-defense, like before.

"So far, yeah," Violet said with a nod, pushing the picture back towards Richard, "Any documents to steal this time?"

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 

Do you wanna have a bad time?
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Off the Train ((Frank))
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:58 pm GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:54 pm GMT
Posts: 105
Location: Argentina (or anywhere with an internet conection)
Custom Title: Do you wanna have a bad time?
"Documents? I don't know. It doesn't say" Richard said while looking over the letter one last time. "Guess our employer will be satisfied as long as we kill this guy." He then looked at Violet, a smirk in his face, "But, if you see something of value, don't be afraid to take it," he said while pointing at the picture of the man "I don't think he'll need it afterwards."
He didn't usually stole from the people he killed, but not because he didn't wanted to, but mostly because he didn't need to, the money they gave him for the job usually was enough.But he thought that since they were going to hit a big, fancy place, might as well make the best of it, and take what they could.

"Now there is something that bugs me." he said, frowning a bit. "It says how we can get in, but it doesn't say anything about how to get out. Guess we'll have to figure that one ourselves."
That was one thing he really didn't like about his job sometimes: planning out the escape. Most of the time, it usually was something as simple as kill everyone, or kill everyone between him and the exit. But for something like this, they would really need to think of a plan.
"Good thing I don't have to do this all on my own." He thought to himself.

His planning was then cut short, when he saw the waiter aproaching with the water.
"Here he comes. Hide those photos and act natural." he calmly said, while putting the document back in the envelope and hiding it in his pocket.

_________________
Do you like hurting other people? - Richard - Hotline Miami
Yes, sadly I do. - Richard (no relation) Swain
Maybe, but I wouldn't be the one to pull the trigger.- Lautaro Quiroga
Only if it is profitable to me. -Virgil Mauvais


Top
 Profile  
 

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Off the Train ((Frank))
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:00 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
Violet nodded, taking in what Richard had said. She'd never been one to trust anyone, so any plan that didn't give her a way out she didn't like. She wanted to know she had an escape before she went in, not have to figure it out as she went along.

When Richard started to put away the documents and told Violet to act natural, she glanced towards the approaching waiter. Acting natural wasn't something she was used to. Well, what was natural for 'normal' people. She was used to disappearing into a crowd. Being that homeless kid that people always pretended that they didn't see. Being out in the open, knowing people were watching her, made her uncomfortable. But she tried to sit still and keep her face blank. She was going to have to get used to this, after all.

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 

Do you wanna have a bad time?
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Off the Train ((Frank))
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:19 pm GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:54 pm GMT
Posts: 105
Location: Argentina (or anywhere with an internet conection)
Custom Title: Do you wanna have a bad time?
"Here's your water" the waiter said as he put a big jar of water in the table. He stood there for a moment, looking at Richard and Violet for a moment, as if he could feel that they were hiding something.

"Is everything ok?" the waiter asked, a concerned look on his face.

"Are we really that obvious?" Richard thought to himself, but didn't change his calmed expression. The question did took him a bit by surprise, but he tried not showing it.

"No, everything's fine, we're just hungry, that's all." he replied to the waiter,trying to sound calm and nonchalant.

The waiter seemed to believe him, so he answered to Richard, "Oh don't worry, your food is almost ready." After that he went back into the kitchen.
As soon as he left, Richard let out a relieved sigh. "Well, that was a close call."
That was the risk of talking about his work in a public place, you never knew who could blow the whistle and call the cops on you, and who would stay quiet. That's why the best thing to do was to simply stay quiet yourself.

"So, how you're holding up?" he asked Violet, while he poured water from the jar into his glass.

_________________
Do you like hurting other people? - Richard - Hotline Miami
Yes, sadly I do. - Richard (no relation) Swain
Maybe, but I wouldn't be the one to pull the trigger.- Lautaro Quiroga
Only if it is profitable to me. -Virgil Mauvais


Top
 Profile  
 

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Off the Train ((Frank))
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:12 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
Violet tried to ignore the waiter when he had come over with the water, other than giving him a nod when he asked if they were okay. She hated being out in the open like this.

Once Richard was done with the water, Violet reached over and poured herself a glass, instantly drinking it down and pouring herself more. She rarely had a chance for water and food, she took it when she could.

"I'm fine," she said a bit shortly. She was still new to this. Trust was not something she just handed out, and she always handled her problems on her own.

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 

Do you wanna have a bad time?
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Off the Train ((Frank))
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:00 pm GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:54 pm GMT
Posts: 105
Location: Argentina (or anywhere with an internet conection)
Custom Title: Do you wanna have a bad time?
"Really? That's it?" Richard thought to himself, a bit unsatisfied with Violet's answer. He was going to say something about it, but decided to simply give a nod.

As he took another drink from the glass, he decided this was as a moment as any to try and find out more about his new assosiate, after all, when else was he going to ask?

"So, uh, how long have you been living like this? On your own in the streets I mean." He said, before adding "I mean, I can tell you've been in the streets for a while now, but, what, where you born in the streets? Or you ended in the street for some other reason?"

_________________
Do you like hurting other people? - Richard - Hotline Miami
Yes, sadly I do. - Richard (no relation) Swain
Maybe, but I wouldn't be the one to pull the trigger.- Lautaro Quiroga
Only if it is profitable to me. -Virgil Mauvais


Top
 Profile  
 

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Fresh Off the Train ((Frank))
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:14 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
Posts: 1009
Location: In my own little world.
Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
((Aak! I'm so sorry, somehow I kept overlooking this when I got back!!))

Violet made a face, halfway through her second glass of water.

"Been on the streets as long as I remember," she said simply, which was the truth. Her earliest memories were of stowing away on trains, trying to stay out of sight of anyone who could catch her as a stowaway. "It's just the way life goes."

_________________
Feel free to PM, I often have nothing going on.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group