THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:48 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

And then stuff happened.
 Post subject: Re: Ready or Not (Emily)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:19 pm GMT 

Custom Title: And then stuff happened.
Dimitri held her hand, gently rubbing the back of it with his thumb. "I know. Your father knows you very well." he smiled at her. "And I am very glad he does. He also told me not to tell you that I asked for his permission that night. But I do have my traditions. I honestly thought about asking you in Russian, but I worried that you wouldn't know what I was saying...this way was much better, I think."

He looked at her ring, then up at her again. "Do you like it? I um..." he laughed softly. "I designed it..."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:49 am GMT 

Custom Title: Just Damn Cute
She pursed her lips some at the idea that he'd asked her father. But it was in the past and there was nothing that she could do about it. "I would have said yes, even if my father had said no," she shrugged. She didn't need her father's permission for her life choices. She was a big girl, she was a mother. She didn't need her daddy to give her away like she was property. "I would have probably understood you in Russian. But English was probably the wiser choice."

She looked down at the ring again, smiling. "It is perfect," she chuckled, looking up again. "You did a very good job designing it. And it fits perfectly too."

For the Love of Words Updated 8 Jan 2013

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:57 am GMT 

Dimitri smiled. "I know you would have. I would have asked you if he said no anyway. I just...like my traditions, ok?"

He sat back in his seat, just smiling at her as she looked at the ring. "I'm really glad you like it. And I'm really glad it fits, too. I um...well, I cheated." He laughed. "Remember that jewelry set I bought you? The one where the ring had to be re-sized? I bought you that so I could get your ring size without you realizing it. And, of course, because I love you."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:09 am GMT 

The annoyance that had clouded her face slipped away at that. He understood fully then. And she did understand as well that he had his traditions and she couldn't fault him that. As long as he respected hers, she would respect his. Of course his traditions might have to do some fudging to fit with what she wanted for their wedding. But that was a conversation for later. Not for the day they were celebrating.

She stuck her tongue out again, smiling. "Clever boy," she teased. "You did very good. I promise to thank you nice and properly later. I liked that set too by the way. Just in case I hadn't told you that already. Even if both of them would have been just as appreciated if they were less fancy."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:46 am GMT 

Considering he was expecting a Russian Orthodox affair, yes. He was going to have to do some compromising.

Dimitri smiled brightly at her. "You've told me several times. And trust me, I am still looking forward to the rest of the night. And I do still plan on taking you dancing as soon as we're done here."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:48 am GMT 

She smiled slyly at him, laughing softly. "I am looking forward to the rest of the evening even more now. We have so much more to celebrate now besides being baby free for a few hours." Because as wonderful and well behaved as he was, having alone time with her now husband-to-be was something she was very interested in having. "I was going to make it good before, but I promise it'll be even better now. If that's possible."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:58 am GMT 

"I am sure it is. I plan on making it so enjoyable that Pete makes wise cracks about it when we go over to pick up Michael." He laughed and settled back into his seat. The rest of dinner passed wonderfully, with light hearted and happy conversation flowing between the two of them.

They did eventually make it to L'Alba Rossa, Dimitri walking in with his arm around Rebeca's waist. He found them a nice place to sit and waved over a waiter. "So, have you ever thought about what you want your wedding to be like?"

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:55 am GMT 

She settled next to Dimitri easily, enjoying his presence. She pursed her lips at his question, using waiting on the waiter as a reason not to reply too quickly. She hadn't thought about it all that much before. Though she had a little since moving in with him. It was no surprise to her that he had proposed in general, she was just a little surprised by the when. But she'd thought about it on the drive over from dinner.

So after they ordered their drinks and the waiter was gone again, she turned to look at him better. "I know that you and I don't exactly share the same beliefs," she started, offering a sweet smile to him. "But I don't believe they differ quite so much that we couldn't make a wedding that suits both of us work. Like say, we have it outside at our house with a priest from your church?"

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:47 pm GMT 

He laughed softly. "My mom will have a heart attack...But I can certainly see the benefits..." He looked at her and smiled. "As long as it's you and me and the priest from my church, it should be fine. Speaking of, I do want to tray and take Michael to church this Sunday. I know he won't sit still and probably won't care, but...well..." He shrugged. "I would like him to be a part of it..."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:57 am GMT 

"I have no objection to your religion in our wedding, even if I'd like less pomp and ceremony. I just want it outside really, the rest I'm willing to compromise on for you." She leaned over and nuzzled his cheek softly. Being outside was the one thing she would not bend on, no matter how much his mother threw a fit about. She'd take the church garden if she had to, even though their home made so much more sense.

"Now you sound like your mother," she chuckled, giving his cheek a quick kiss before she moved back, thanking the waiter who'd just brought over their drinks. "But I have no objection to that either. For any length of time. As long as my beliefs aren't being taught to them to be devil worship or whatever, they can have as much Christianity as they like."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:19 pm GMT 

Dimitri laughed. "Well, you let me get him baptized, which I am very thankful for." He took his drink and took a sip. And I'll let you poison him with your hedonistic devil worshiping ways once he's old enough to understand it" he said, leaning in to kiss her neck. He was teasing, of course, and his voice showed it. He very much enjoyed teasing her.

He took another drink from his glass and smiled. "The band is good tonight." he commented, looking towards the stage. The band was always good at L'Alba Rossa, but he wanted to take the conversation away from religion and their child before he slipped up and said the wrong thing. It was a night to celebrate, not to quarrel over something like that. They could quarrel all they wanted in the morning.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:28 am GMT 

"Fair enough," she laughed, letting out a breathy little sigh at his kisses to her neck. She wasn’t a devil worshiper. She actually thought most of her beliefs rather in line with his. Hers were just...more open. But his kisses were distraction enough, along with his teasing tone, and she let it slide without joking back. She knew he knew she wasn't that kind of crazy person, after all.

Rebeca hummed in agreement, turning towards him a bit more. "You think you can get away with just that one little kiss?" she asked in a soft, smokey voice. "Because that just isn't enough." She smiled slyly at him as she leaned in and kissed him firmly and hotly on the mouth. She hadn't ever cared about what people had thought about any public affection. But it had been a little hard to be close like this with him while she was pregnant and it not be a little awkward. Now though, she didn't have that problem and she was going to embrace this night of celebrating boldly.

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:42 am GMT 

Oh yeah! They could neck in the booth properly now! Dimitri was quick to slide her into his lap and wrap his arms around her. He didn't care if anyone saw, either. They were engaged. And in a speakeasy. It wasn't like they were in the park with little kids around or at church or something. He met her kiss eagerly, happy to keep her against him, happy to oblige her need for him. He was engaged to a woman who made him happier than he could ever remember being in his life, with a strong son who might not carry his DNA but who he was there to see come into the world. He was happy. He was more than happy and he was more than willing to show her exactly how happy he was in that booth.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:20 pm GMT 

She giggled as he pulled her into his lap, relishing being closer to him. It made kissing him even easier. Which is something she took advantage of for quite a long set of moments. Her fingers slide up into his hair, messing up his slicked back locks. He could whine about it later, she was the one who was going to have sticky fingers from it after. When she finally pulled back she was panting heavily, face flushed, and mouth spread wide in a satisfying grin. She was loving this night more and more.

"We should probably get to dancing upright before I make you take me home to dance horizontally," she murmured, her voice heavy with desire, eyes a little unfocused and wide as her chest pushed against his with every heavy breath in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14