THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:42 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Just Damn Cute
 Post subject: Re: Ready or Not (Emily)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:09 am GMT 

Custom Title: Just Damn Cute
She snorted a little unlady like, rolling her eyes some before he kissed her hand. She watched the food be placed in front of her and took a small wiff of the smells. It was so nice to not have the smell of something make her want to throw up. So very nice indeed.

"I'm sure your father taught you how to be a gentleman too," she said around a mouthful of her supper. Which, was fantastic. "And yet you still did what you wanted. If Michael is anything like his mother, he will be stubborn and do things just to spite us."

She took another bite before she went on. "As far as business goes, that your two's choice," she shrugged. She wasn’t excited by the idea, but she also knew she couldn't control everything.

For the Love of Words Updated 8 Jan 2013

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:50 am GMT 

Custom Title: And then stuff happened.
"My father is niet talk to me about girls." He shrugged. "I saw how he treated mom and knew I'd treat my wife like that some day, but...that is pretty much it. I honestly learned from Pete." he smirked. "Then it became a competition, and when he found a girl he wanted to stay with, I broke it up because I was jealous. He was spending more time with her than with me. I was having to take care of more of the business." He shrugged and looked over at her. "I always knew, though, that when I found the girl that would end up being my wife, that I'd treat her better. Like dad treated mom."

His stomach started doing flips. That was a very unromantic way to lead into asking her. He knew it was. He laughed a little and looked down at his food, starting to eat again. "But uh...as far as the business goes...you'd get a say in it, sure. If you want, I can keep it from him and see what other kids we have....but it has to go to someone..."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:11 am GMT 

She nodded understandingly, eating without the nervousness that he was hiding rather well. She didn't even think he would be doing what he was thinking about doing tonight. Not that she didn't think he would ever, but just not tonight. "I suppose I learned from my mother how to behave," she chuckled. "She was seventeen when she had me. Though my dad was a much better man than he who will not be named. So at least I knew I deserved better. And now I've got it." She smiled sweetly at him, not saying anything further on it.

"Pete has children too," she shrugged. "Besides, Michael will just do what he wants. It's an Axford trait that he is sure to get. Not that we have to worry about it for some time though."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:58 am GMT 

Ah, Pete! That was a wonderful subject to pull the conversation towards! And away from the thought of proposing which he didn't want to do right after talking about premarital sex and whether or not he had been taught about it by his parents. And talking about breaking up Pete and Kizzy that one time....yeah...

"Pete and I don't usually talk about who will take over. I think, though, that he can just have Anne's Place when I take over for my father. Seems like a fair trade, I think. Anne's is well established by now and I'm sure we can do something about it if prohibition ends. She'd turn into a pretty respectable business, I think. Pete keeps talking about turning it into a restaurant or something." He shrugged. "We'll see."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:41 am GMT 

She snorted, rolling her eyes. "Repealing Prohibition? Like that is likely to happen. It's going so swimmingly though. If it does happen, I'm not for sure thay it'll happen in our life time." It was a lot of work to get a law made. What would they look like if they flip flopped so soon? But regardless, it did seem like a good plan. "See, Michael will have slightly less dangerous job to take over."

She pursed her lips, thinking for a moment. "Having some food now might not be a bad idea though. So if you wanted to make it something more legitimate, it wouldn't be such a be shift. I do know a thing or two about working in a dinner after all."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:40 am GMT 

"My father's business is surprisingly dangerous. It's just sort of in the shadow of the bigger one down the block." he said, referring to L'Alba Rossa. "Plus, I'll have to learn real estate...can you tell how excited about that I am?" He smirked and shrugged a little. "It won't be so bad, but I'll miss the excitement of Anne's...Anastasya's is so....so.....boring." He laughed and looked over at her. "Maybe I can liven it up. Do you think Fedya would allow that?" he asked, referring to his father's bar's bartender, a large Siberian tiger with a bad knee. "I guess he'd have to. I think it would be funny, though, seeing him have to really entertain....by the time I take over, though, he'll probably have retired, too."

"I bet a kitchen would fit nicely in the basement." he said thoughtfully and without any segway. He looked over at her. "For Anne's I mean. Since we took out most of the other equiptment." He sighed and shook his head. Business had hit a bump a few months ago when his biggest pain in the ass but also his brewmaster ended up 'missing', then the guy who had taken over who used to be just a bouncer had gotten married to one of his other bouncers and they sort of left to start their own brewing company and now Dimitri had to pay for all of his alcohol! The nerve of some people... He looked over at her. "If you started working there, there'd have to be a uniform change..." He did not want her running around like a saloon girl...

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:32 am GMT 

"I didn't say it wasn't," she shrugged, mumbling through a mouth full of food. She didn't care how unlady like that looked. She was hungry. "Just that it wasn’t as dangerous. It's more established, you'd have less to prove there...or maybe not. What do I know? My father does day labor." She rolled her eyes some. "Not like I'll ever be taking over for him. But I think Fedya will want to retire after he sees what you want." She stuckher tongue out at him playfully, laughing.

"What Mitri, you don't want your customers to see how nice your girlfriend really looks when she’s not all pregnant?" Rebeca winked at him, laughing more. "I have no problem wearing less than that. Even now, I'm not ashamed of my body. You shouldn't be either."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:19 am GMT 

"Ashamed?" Dimitri laughed. "I'm not ashamed of anything about you except maybe a tiny bit at your table manners." he winked at her. "I'd never hide you away because I'm ashamed of your body, Rebeca. I'd put you in nun's clothing to hide it from everyone else so they don't get any ideas." He glanced down at the dress she was wearing. It was hardly nun's clothing. It was the height of fashion, flown in from Paris and everything. He hadn't just walked into Macy's and bought it or anything. Even the ring that was burning him through his pocket was custom made.

"But I'd need at least you to be wearing something different. There's already something expected of the girls that work there, you know. I'd need you to be set apart so no one expects you to be going into the back rooms with them..."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:13 am GMT 

She blew a raspberry at him at his comment about her table manners. She knew he was partly joking, but she was too tired to care overly much of the people around them. Besides, it was something that she felt his money would be of advantage in. No one would say anything about her talking with her mouth full once.

"A habit isn't going to hide this away, darling," she said gesturing to her face. "And let's be honest, this is my best feature, so it won't do you any good." She sat her fork down for a moment, sipping at her drink before she went on. "And they can expect it all they want no matter what I'm wearing, if they try, they can get a knuckle sandwich from yours truly first, then I'll let you have 'em. I'd say my father next, but I doubt there would be anything left when you're done."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:48 am GMT 

"Rebeca!" He laughed at her rasberry. "This is a very nice restaurant!" He then proceeded to flick a little piece of broccoli at her across the table. "Behave! I honestly can't take you anywhere, can I?" he laughed and shook his head.

"The problem truly is that you are too beautiful. You will always catch the eye of any man who comes across you..." he put his hand back under the table. "And you are right in thinking there would be nothing left of any man that tried anything with you. I like your father, but not enough to leave anything..." He sat up straight and reached into his breast pocket.

"I guess...what any sane man would do in my position...would be to try and keep you all for himself.." He pulled his hand back out of his pocket and put it in his lap. He looked across the table at her, starting to get nervous. "But I'm smart enough to know that no one could lock you down and claim you as his own. Not even me." He smiled, fidgeting with the ring under the table. He looked down at it. "So, Rebeca, I um...you know that I love you..." he looked up and over at her. "And, knowing everything I know about you...and loving Michael as I do, I...I don't want to claim you as my own, I just want to be a family." He looked down, then up at her again. "I want to know that...that I'll come home to you every day and see your smile and always have that light around me..." He stood up and smoothed his suit, then walked around the table. He stood beside her for an awkward second before getting down on one knee. This wasn't going as smoothly as he would have liked, but he honestly didn't have the wits about him enough to worry about that. The poor guy was sweating a little as he held up the ring.

"Rebeca, I-I would...I um..." He cleared his throat. The entire room was suddenly very quiet. "Rebeca Axford, will you marry me?" he asked, his accent coming through now. He couldn't help it. It also came out when he was nervous. And he was very, very nervous.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:28 am GMT 

She listened to him starting to babel almost. His thoughts seemed rather all over the place at the moment and she wasn't entirely for sure where he was going. He hadn’t been this nervous around her in a very long time. Possibly ever. Oh he'd been a little nervous the first time she was naked in front of him when they'd gone swimming on their first, actual date, but it was nothing like he was right now.

Rebeca nodded slowly along with his rambling. She knew he loved. Loved Michael as his own. But what did that have to do with anything? And just what the hell was be fiddling with in his hand?

And then he was standing and so quickly kneeling next to her. Presenting her with a very pretty ring. One that she hardly glanced at before looking back up at him, blinking in surprise. It was so silent in the restaurant that moment that she was certain that they could hear her breathing. They were all surely listening well enough that some of them might be able to hear the way her heart stuttered for a moment as it really sank in, what he was asking of her.

Nodding slowly at first, then faster, her surprise turned to joy. "Yes," she breathed, taking his hand in hers, mostly ignoring the ring for the moment, and just squeezed it reassuringly. "Of course I'll marry you."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:21 am GMT 

Dimitri stared up at her. He was positive the entire restaurant could hear his heart pounding in his ears, because he sure as hell could hear it. Was she taking forever or was it just him? She was taking forever. Holy fuck she was going to say no, wasn't she? Wait, was she nodding?

He let out a breath that he didn't know he had been holding and laughed. "Really?" He laughed again and squeezed her hand, then looked down. He slid the ring onto her finger and looked up at her, just grinning like an idiot. "I love you." he said, just staring at her like the lovesick boy he was.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:55 am GMT 

She watched him slide the ring onto her finger, watching the light flash off of the gems. He'd done such a great job at picking it out. It was really pretty. And it for perfectly too. He was a keeper, that was sure. Even if she hadn't just said yes to marrying him, she would have stayed with him.

"I love you too, Dimitri," she said with a breathless little chuckle, leaning forward and pressing an excited kiss to his lips. "I love you more than you can imagine." She nuzzled his nose briefly, smiling sweetly. "But maybe you can stop kneeling in the middle of the restaurant and causing an even bigger scene than we already have. So we can finish eating and go celebrate more."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:30 am GMT 

"Oh! Right!" He laughed and stood up, still holding her hand. He looked around the room and grinned like an idiot. He looked down at Rebeca again and leaned down to give her another kiss before reluctantly returning to his seat. "It was uh...either make a scene here, or make a scene at L'Alba Rossa..."

He smoothed his suit a bit. "I'm really glad you said yes, Rebeca....I don't know what I would have done if you had said no...and...I"ve been planning this for a while...since Michael was born...your dad told me I should wait...Just so you didn't think I was only asking to 'do the right thing'...so you knew I was asking because I love you."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:16 pm GMT 

"Here was probably a wiser choice," she chuckled, smiling more at his second kiss. Here there were certainly less drunk people, who'd make an even bigger scene than he had here. She looked down at her hand now, inspecting the ring while he sat himself down again. God, it was pretty. She hadn't thought she would have wanted something like this before, but now that she had it, she had to admit she liked it.

She laughed, looking up at him again. "Well you were wise to listen. I wouldn't have said no forever though, if you had asked me then." She reached across for his hand. "I know you know how I feel about that. But I would have said no out of principal. Well probably not no, but tell you to ask again later. When there would be no room for any doubt. I know you love me, but I would have always questioned if part of it was that."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next