THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:46 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

And then stuff happened.
 Post subject: Re: Ready or Not (Emily)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:31 pm GMT 

Custom Title: And then stuff happened.
Dimitri was in a nice, new suit with a tie that...well, it sort of matched her dress if something that was a solid color could match a dress like hers. His hair was slicked back, her had some expensive cologne on, and he was definitely ready for a night on the town with her. If she was up for it, he was planning on taking her to L'Alba Rossa. He was sparing no expense. "We're going out." He laughed and glanced over at her as he drove. "We're going to a very expensive restaurant, then I hope you'll want to go dancing with me afterwards...but tonight's special, Rebeca." And if it wasn't special enough now, it was going to be special enough later. He hoped at least. The ring box was damn near burning a hole in his pocket.

"It's our anniversary, you know." he said with a proud smile, glancing at her again. "And it's going to be special. Just you and me and a nice evening out. No movies, no diners, a nice, fancy date like I've been wanting to take you on for a while."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:43 am GMT 

Custom Title: Just Damn Cute
She stuck her tongue out at him when he said they were going out. She already knew that. She wanted to know where they were going out to. But he still wasn't going to tell her and she huffed a little, playfully hurt. She knew they'd get there sooner or later, but it was still bugging her. He could be more of a tease than her sometimes. "I'm up for dancing," she smiled, putting her hand down on his knee. "I've slept more since last time."

Rebeca looked at him when he said it was their anniversary, her eyebrows coming together as she did some quick counting. He was right. He'd remembered, but she'd forgotten. She knew it was soon, but it had slipped her mine when exactly it seemed. "So it is," she chuckled, scooting closer to him. "But you know I would be just as happy without all the money, right? I won't lie and say it isn't nice, but I don't need it."

For the Love of Words Updated 8 Jan 2013

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:05 am GMT 

The young man smiled and put his hand down on top of hers. "I would live in a cardboard box with you, Rebeca, and still be happy." He rubbed her hand gently. "But I want to give you everything you deserve. I want to spoil you and Michael and make sure you are both always taken care of and happy." He glanced at her, then ahead as he pulled up in front of a very fancy restaurant with valet parking. He leaned over to give her a kiss before both of their doors were opened for him. A valet offered her a hand out and Dimitri got out himself, putting a top hat on his head and adjusting his gloves and cane. The young man was dressed to the 9s. He had absolutely gone all out for this. But, it had been a while since he'd had something like that to dress up for.

He offered Rebeca his arm once she was beside him and walked in, the doors being opened for them of course. "I just hope I'm not going to scare you off with how nice this place is..." he said as they walked in. "After this, I'd like to take you dancing at L'Alba Rossa. I'd like to drink and smoke and dance until we're both absolutely exhausted and desperate to fall into bed together." He gave her one of his charming smiles, taking off his hat once he entered the restaurant. So lavish, having a hat that was only to be worn from the car to the doors! The host didn't have to ask who he was, he just led the young couple to a nice table. It wasn't dark and secluded, it was almost in the exact middle of the restaurant. Now, the question for him was whether or not he should propose to her then or at L'Alba Rossa...Probably there at the restaurant...when was the best timing for that? Dessert?

While Dimitri was calm, cool, and collected on the inside, his face showing nothing but love and an urge to spoil the shit out of his girlfriend, his mind was absolutely racing and he was surprised he wasn't sweating up a storm. He pulled Rebeca's chair out for her and helped her scoot it in, then went to his own. He sat and smiled across the table at her. "I wish we could have a nice wine with dinner, but..." He shrugged a little. "Such are the times, right? So." He picked up his menu and looked at her over the edge of it. "Did Michael do anything special today while I was at work? I haven't missed anything good yet, have I?"

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:48 am GMT 

She smiled at him, glad that he was just as happy with her without the money involved. She was shallow enough to say she enjoyed it through. Especially when he bought her such pretty things with it. The dress made her feel less chubby than she was because she still hadn't quite lost all the baby weight, but enough of it was gone that she felt confident enough to go out in it.

Rebeca watched the building they pulled up to, feeling momentarily under classed. But together they weren't, so instead she took the help out of the car with a murmured thanks and then took Dimitri's arm as he led her in. "Hopefully not," she teased. She wouldn't run because of this, but that didn't mean she wouldn't still feel a little uncomfortable in the place.

"I'm already to the latter, though," she chuckled, smiling slyly up at him as he sat her down at the table. "I'm fine with skipping all this and going home." Her stomach grumbled a little and she laughed. "Well maybe after some food...and I suppose dancing and drinking would be nice as well."

She looked over the menu, lips pursed in thought while he asked her about their boy. "He only spit up on me once today," she chuckled, glancing up. "And he's found a certain fascination with trying to turn push himself up on his hands when I put him on his belly."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:48 am GMT 

Dimitri smirked. "You aren't getting out of this, Rebeca. We're doing dinner and dancing and drinking and celebrating everything that's happened over this past year. That's what you're supposed to do on an anniversary, right? The anniversary of Anne's Place was...." He laughed a little. "Well, it was before I met you..."

He looked down at his menu, ears trained on her as she spoke. "Well, once is better than he usually is." He looked over at her and smiled. "He's already trying to crawl?" He sighed happily. "I'm going to make an effort to be around as much as possible. I want to see his first steps and all of that...I'm very jealous that you got to see his first real smile." He looked up when the waiter came up to take their drink orders. He just ordered some water, knowing he'd need to be hydrated for their escapades later on in the evening. He asked a couple questions about items on the menu, then let the man go off with their drink orders.

"I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out what I want to eat....I know the duck here is wonderful...but I don't know if I'm in the mood for duck..." Rich guy problems...

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:14 pm GMT 

She stuck her tongue out at him, huffing playfully a little bit. It wasn't that she didn't want to do things with Dimitri, it was just that she was tired. And sometimes sleeping sounded a bit more fun than going out to spend more energy that she didn't have. But she had to admit that the idea of this fun celebration of their year together imbued her with some spark. "Tonight can be just as fun as that," she laughed. "Just you only get to party with me this evening. But I'm sure I can be so much more fun than any of them."

Shrugging a little she tilted her head and watched him for a second. "I dunno if I'd say crawling just yet, but he's certainly over being flat on his belly. We've still got a while to go for crawling, and especially walking! I don't even want to think about him walking yet."She shuddered at the thought, even if it was more playful than truth. "Hey, I can't help it he's like his father and enjoys my breasts. You smile just as much when you see them too."

She mumbled something about coffee to waiter, knowing water was likely the better choice. But the idea of caffeine was very tempting that moment. Her nose wrinkled up some at the mention of duck. "Whatever you want to get dear, you're the one paying for it. I don't even have any idea what I want. There are things on here I wouldn't even think about cooking."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:03 am GMT 

"You're certainly more beautiful than any of them." He said to her first comment without even having to think about it. He looked over his menu at her again and smiled. Tonight was definitely going to be better than the first anniversary of Anne's Place, though he planned on having just as many moments that would be foggy the next day.

"At least the boy has good taste!" He said with a laugh. "There's nothing that I'm upset about that can't be cured by your breasts, Rebeca. And if those don't cure me, your smile always does." He reached across the table to take her hand, grinning at her. He folded his menu and put it aside. He had decided on what he wanted anyway.

"You should go with the beef wellington." he said, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb gently. "I think you'd really like that."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:10 pm GMT 

She laughed at that, loudly, drawing looks from the people closest to them. But that didn't bother her any that moment. "Well if you're a good boy, you can see them tonight. And if you're a very good boy you can do more than see them." She squeezed his hand in hers and smiled a little slyly. 'Good boy' or not, she'd probably let him do what he wanted with them that night.

"If you say so," she nodded, closing her menu with her free hand. He'd yet to steer her wrong with food, so she'd trust him this time like she had done before. When the waiter came back with their drinks she murmured her thanks, nodding when he asked if they were ready to order. She let Dimitri go first and then she ordered what he'd suggested.

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:38 am GMT 

"Then I'll be on my best behavior." he promised, looking up when the water walked up. He also really didn't care if other people were looking over at them. They were looked at strangely from the time they walked in just because they were so young. The waiter would have been doubtful of Dimitri's ability to pay if Dimitri's family didn't eat there often.

Dimitri set his menu down but didn't let go of her hand. He ordered his food and let Rebeca order her own, then looked back at her. It really was terrible trying to figure out when would be the best time to ask her. He wanted her to remember it forever, to look back on the moment and not have anything critical to say about it.

"I wonder what Michael's doing right now. Playing with his aunt and uncle?" He laughed a little. It was still weird for him to know that his son was as old as his youngest two siblings. "Or do you think he's actually sleeping?" He looked over at his watch. "Probably playing..."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:42 am GMT 

She blew a little raspberry at him, rolling her eyes slightly. He was too much sometimes. But it was one of the things she loved about him. How easily he could be silly with her, be almost like the young adults they were and not just the very adult parents fate had made them.

"Oh I hope it's one of those two," she sighed. "And that he's not making your parents regret agreeing to watching him for us." She knew he had his moments, but for the most part he was a good baby. "Though I honestly hope he's playing because then he might sleep good for us tonight and he won't be up too quickly after we put him down." She winked playfully at him, not needing to really imply further why that would be very nice.

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:15 am GMT 

"Mom and dad are probably keeping him awake because it will keep the twins awake." he said with a smile. "Plus, he's got Millya and Ivan to keep them occupied, too. I told them both I'd give them $5 if they helped keep Michael awake. They're both happy to see him and play with him, too. Millya especially. Ivan gets tired of changing diapers, but he helped me with Millya sometimes. Millya's excited to have the opportunity to help."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:55 am GMT 

"Five whole bucks each?" Rebeca laughed, looking a little impressed at how much he was willing to spend to make the boy sleep that night and not nap now. She looked at him a little dubiously for a moment, as if she’d almost suddenly realized what he really had planned for the evening. But in reality, she just figured he wanted to not be interrupted in the middle of things again. "Big spender.

"Babysitting is fun, having a baby full time isn't as much. Millya will learn that hopefully soon and make smarter choices than I did and wait."

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:27 pm GMT 

"Millya has seen our cousin become pregnant out of wedlock and what that caused." he said, very darkly actually. He shook his head. "That was also before you. The father didn't abandon her." There was that darkness again, stemming from something horrible obviously. Dimitri smashing the guy's head in was pretty horrible...though sometimes he honestly reveled in the memory...

"I don't worry about her." He said, perking up quite a bit. He smiled and rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb. "Mom will give her a nice, long talk once she's old enough. And Ivan and I keep the boys away from her anyway. "

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:31 am GMT 

She watched her boyfriend with a look that was somewhere between confused and concerned. She knew the things he was capable of. Or at least most of it, she thought. And they didn’t really bother her that he had done, and likely would do then again. But there was something in that look that she wasn't sure she'd seen before in him. Still nothing to worry her deep down though. She trusted him to do what was needed and to never hurt his family.

"Well," she started, but wasn't as sure where she wanted to go from there so she just shrugged and sipped at her blessedly wonderful coffee.

"My grandmother gave me a talk too," she murmured after a moment. "But Millya is smarter than I am. At the very least, it'll be a stand up guy." At least one that would be a better father than Michael's biological one. Rebeca was just very glad that Dimitri was the kind of father her son needed.

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:41 pm GMT 

Dimitri nodded. "I keep reminding her, too. But since she's only 11, it doesn't really matter. Hopefully, it will stick with her as she grows up." He smiled and sipped his water. "And we'll teach Michael, as he grows up, that he needs to be careful. And to always treat women with respect." He smiled at her. "I'd hate for him to end up being the kind of guy I was before I met you." He brought her hand up and leaned in, kissing the back of it. He let go and looked at the waiter as he set down their food in front of them.

He put his napkin in his lap and picked up his fork and knife, starting to cut into the duck he had ordered. "We'll teach him respect. And maybe how to take over the business for me." He shrugged. "We'll see."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next