THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:54 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Love to live, live to love
 Post subject: Bite the Bullet (OPEN)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:45 am GMT 

Custom Title: Love to live, live to love
Ilya sat quietly at the dinner bar, his eyes glued to the surface of counter top. It had been a year since the last time he had seen her...

Helen.

Thoughts of their last time together made him feel a small glimmer of warmth within his heavy chest. And for a moment, he could breathe again. The soft feeling of her paws on his chest, the sway of their bodies as they danced, the unforgettable look in her eyes. The happiest days he had had since Saint Petersburg and now suddenly routine had brought him back down to earth once again. His feet now planted firmly to the ground, Ilya had nothing to do but to sit around in the diner they had met in and think about her. One day she said she would see him tomorrow.

Now, she was gone.

No one had seen where she had gone, or what she was up to nowadays. He wondered if she ever thought about him. He sighed and softly poked at his cup of coffee, his finger being stained with the thick, tar like liquid. The coffee here was always tasteless and bland. If anything, his whiskey-vodka-scotch with a twist of orange was the only thing that had taste.

"... Waitress check please," he called out in his thick, heavy accent.

Feel free to PM, I'm probably just as bored as you! :D

My Characters.

Just Damn Cute
 Post subject: Re: Bite the Bullet (OPEN)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:24 am GMT 

Custom Title: Just Damn Cute
It had been a rather terrible week so far. And it seemed for no real reason. Or at least he kept telling himself that. There was a reason. A very big (though only five foot tall) reason why this week was so shitty. Sergei had told himself over and over that he just wanted her happy and he'd do whatever that was. Even if it was helping her destroy the life of her newest boy-toy. And a cop to boot as well. But it was hard to keep doing that. It wasn't his nature, as much as Masha made it his nature by forcing him to help.

Tzar had seen him in the dumps on many occasions and though he knew it was his daughter that brought Sergei to such lows, he didn't say a damn thing to the girl about it. But he did at least tell him that maybe he should get the hell outta Dodge for a while. Even if that was just to some diner on the other side of town where Masha was very likely to never, ever show up.

He was sat at the far end of the counter top from the other man there. He looked just as surly and sour as Sergei felt. He'd been quiet the whole while he'd been there. Or maybe he'd just not been listening to anything around him aside from the waitress who'd brought him coffee and a sandwich. He wasn't totally sober as it was, and his coffee was lacking anything like his normal coffee did. Which wasn't making him any happier about the situation.

But then he heard the other man speak, calling for the waitress's attention. His accent made Sergei turn his head, dark eyebrow raised as he was just making sure that he'd head the accent he thought he had. "<Long way from home,>" he called over in their likely shared tongue, turning on his stool more to look at Ilya down the way from him.

For the Love of Words Updated 8 Jan 2013

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:47 am GMT 

Ilya's ears perked up and he turned only his head to peer at who he thought had spoken to him. Spying the stranger at the end of the counter, he looked over at the individual. Large build, weary eyes, the cold, emotionless expression. There was no doubt that this man was of Russian decent. Too tired to be enthusiastic, Ilya tentatively replied, his face still solemn and reserved. "<Not long enough...>" he replied, raising his cup of coffee. It had been almost three years since he had heard his native tongue spoken by someone other than himself. There were next to no Russians this far inland.... so how could this be?

My Characters.

Last edited by Thomas Knightwood on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:44 am GMT 

Sergei snorted at his reply, giving him a wry smile that seemed to make him look a little less thugish. The man had obviously seen some things, Sergei thought, things that made it easy to leave his homeland. If he did some guess work and quick math, he could assume at least one revolution was under this mans belt, maybe even a 'great' war. This continent hadn't seen the war like Russia had. He could understand not wanting to be there anymore.

Sergei toasted his coffee as well, sipping at it before he put the mug down. "<Well the world is round, after a certain distance, you'd just end up back there anyways. Suppose this is decent enough distance.>" He shrugged his big shoulders slowly, pursing his lips in almost mock thought.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:00 am GMT 

Ilya shrugged and turned to look at him, returning the smile with his own, weary one. <"Let us pray that day never comes..."> He sighed and took another swig of his coffee. <"Tastes like shit don't it?"> he asked, chuckling softly as he set the mug down. "

My Characters.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:41 am GMT 

"<I wouldn't know about that, I've never been home,>" Sergei shrugged his big shoulders before standing and coming down a little closer to the other man so they didn't have to talk quite so loud. He snorted, rolling his eyes some. "<It's better than some others that I've had. But yeah, rather awful.>"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:40 pm GMT 

(Sorry it took so long to reply, I have been extremely busy.)

Ilya chuckled a reflective, somber chuckle, and softly pushed the coffee away from him. "<You have never been to the Motherland?>" he asked, raising a brow curiously. Turning on his stool, he leaned on his elbow. "<So you are a native of America?>"

My Characters.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:50 pm GMT 

(Lol its cool, life goes first, then fun :p )

Sergei shrugged big shoulders, lips pursed some. "<Born in New York, though my father wasn't. Neither was my mother or a few of my older siblings. Some of them are still there, but I've never been. Not because I can't or whatever, Judy never had the desire to do so. I've...>" He stopped mid thought then, like he realized what he was about to say only just before it came out of his mouth. The somewhat easy grin he'd had on slipped and something mixed with both sadness and anger in the same go before it slipped away. "<I've had things keeping me here. Someone, actually. She has no desire to go to the motherland... >"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:55 am GMT 

<"That is a shame, but most certainly understandable. The state of our beloved home makes it difficult for any of us to return..."> He sighed, and took another sip of his coffee. <".. eh, I'm growing rather tired of this.. bitter-roast sewage in my cup. Perhaps we go and find a place with something less.. revolting?">

My Characters.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:27 pm GMT 

Sergei nodded, understandingly. It would be nice to actually see it, but it would be difficult enough convincing her to go with him. The work of getting them there seemed like more hassle than it was worth. He looked down at his coffee and aired. "<Do you have somewhere specific in mind?>" he asked, digging in his pocket for his billfold. He wasn't certain he wanted to suggest going to Tzar's place, not if Masha was going to be there. But at least he might have a buffer with the girl with him there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:38 pm GMT 

Ilya shook his head. "<Any place is good, so long as the liquor is strong.>" He held up his paw. "<Put that away, comrade. I will take care of the bill.>" He removed his own billfold and began counting out the money it would take to pay for both their meals. It had a long time since he had met a fellow brother in arms, and he intended to try and keep this one around.

My Characters.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:49 am GMT 

Sergei thought for another moment, waffling for a moment more on deciding. In the end, he decided on cheap or even free drinks and dealing with Masha over paying full price for possibly crap booze. "<I know a place then,>" he said with a smile, donning his hat as he headed towards the door. "<Do you have your own transportation or would you like a lift?>"