THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:41 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Just Damn Cute
 Post subject: Re: The City Lights Are Bright {Kris}
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:33 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Just Damn Cute
"Yeah, plenty," he shrugged. "Normally just go on my own though. Or just my one brother. We get by well without talking with each other so it's relaxing. Others can make it stressful." And fishing was no fun when there were people who made it a fight or a production.

He turned them down a street and in a moment they came up to where they had been headed. It wasn't anything too big, just a decent little patch of green with some trees and a few benches. "Well," he started, flushing the slightest bit now that they were there. "This is it. Obviously not the only park in town. But it is the closest one and all."

For the Love of Words Updated 8 Jan 2013

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:29 am GMT 

Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
((so sorry for the long wait. Life's been chaotic and for a while, thanks to a falling out with a so-called 'friend', I just lost interest in rping. Hoping to be back in the groove now))

"I think it's lovely," Anna said brightly, looking around the park. "It's like a little taste of home, isn't it?"

Anna let go of James' arm to walk forward a bit, turning in a circle on the spot and giggling brightly. She'd been all-work for so long. She hadn't had a chance to just take a break and enjoy herself. To know there was this little park so close to her home was just a reminder that she really needed to get out and relax more.

"Of course, the tall buildin's surroundin' the park takes away from it a bit, doesn't it?" she asked, "But it's still a lovely spot."

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:27 pm GMT 

((No worries, been rather all over the place myself. Hope things are going better for you now.))

James smiled some as he watched her enjoy the little park. It was nice to know that he'd done something good and he'd made her happy. That certainly looked well on getting a second date with her. Not that he was actually too worried about it being hard for him to get a second date, but it still was nice to know that this first one wouldn't be too terrible either.

"It does hem it in a little awkwardly," he shrugged, heading get towards a bench and letting her come along as she liked. "But having more than a foot of grass in one spot is still nice."

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:46 pm GMT 

Anna laughed a bit at that, grinning brightly at James.

"It certainly is," she said, "I've missed havin' a bit of green to look out on. I'll have to come out here more often."

She made her way over to James, following him to the bench and taking a seat as she looked up to the sky, grinning again.

"I always loved as a kid to find shapes in the clouds," she said, "My siblings tried to make a game out of who could be the most creative. I was never too good at it."

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:06 am GMT 

"Oh it ain't that hard," he said, slouching down on the bench some to look up at the clouds, putting a hand on his hat to keep it from falling off. "See that one there," he said pointing with his free hand almost aimlessly, "see how it looks sorta cloud shaped? And that one next to it, it's like a fluffier cloud shape." He laughed, glancing over at her with a goofy grin on his face before looking back up. "And that last one. It looks like a big old pile of mashed potatoes."

He closed his eyes, chuckling at himself. It was nice being silly again, it had been far too long. "See, ain't that hard to be creative."

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:43 am GMT 

"Oh, I see what you mean!" Anna said with a light laugh, pointing to a set of clouds, "That one looks like a pile of cotton, doesn't it?"

It was so nice to laugh. Anna was always a cheerful person and always looked to the bright side of anything. And sitting here, being silly and finding bland shapes within the puffy clouds above was a welcome break from the long days at the diner she'd been working at.

Here Be Characters

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:31 am GMT 

"See, you got it," he chuckled, peeking over at her. "We'll make an expert outta you yet. Just you see." He shifted some and draped a long arm along the back of the bench behind her shoulders. He thought about moving it down to her actual shoulders, but there was still time for that. For now he was fine where it was.

Proud Hufflepuff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:10 am GMT 

Anna grinned at James, not minding his arm on the back of the bench behind her.

"At least I have the best teacher around for that," she said.

Here Be Characters