THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Literary Revolutionary
 Post subject: Re: Unexpected [[JacobGrey!]]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:12 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Literary Revolutionary
"It's always nice to find somewhere... welcoming," Matthieu replied, leaving the end of that sentence, for people like us, to hang in the air unspoken like a ghost.

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:38 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Non-Furry Control Group
Fed nodded, and hesitated before speaking again.

"In all honesty, I've not had much... uhrm, much trouble", he replied. He knew full well why this was; he had not had anybody in his life since his extremely shortlived affair with Rafe, and before that, never. When he traveled out, it was surrounded by brothers; even if anybody had known about him they would not have been able to turn him away.

He had intended his reply to be lighthearted, positive. As he reflected on the reasons behind it, the smile melted away from his face again.

"I do not give one on a boat, I do not give one in an oak. I do not give one here or there; I do not give one anywhere. I do not give a fuck you see; now go away, and leave me be".

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:25 pm GMT 

'Well if I had a brother like Rex, I suppose I might not either,' Matthieu replied dryly, turning to him with a wry smile which also faded when he saw that the expression on Fed's face was not the same. 'Though with the kind of trouble that might happen, it's always best to avoid it.' He added, not quite knowing what he was being reassuring about but attempting it all the same.

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 am GMT 

Fed pushed the cloudier thoughts from his head. It was hard to stay a pessimist, on the first date for so long. He smiled.

"That's true. Nobody would dare confront him if he turned up with a man on his arm. He could turn up at The Strater with three", he replied. "...It's perhaps better for us being city-dwellers, too. I might never have met another... uhrm, like myself, in the country".

"I do not give one on a boat, I do not give one in an oak. I do not give one here or there; I do not give one anywhere. I do not give a fuck you see; now go away, and leave me be".

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:38 am GMT 

Matthieu smirked at his phrasing, but it was in a kindly way. At the same time, so long as he focused on the way it was said, he did not have to think about a buy that he had met in the country with blue eyes the colour of the sky which would never open again. "He could turn up at the White House with three," he replied. "And even then the men in suits would think twice about whether he was really supposed to be there or not. He can be quite convincing, I've noticed."

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:58 pm GMT 

"To a lot of people, certainly, but not forever. I don't think he convinces the rest of us anymore".

Fed's mind had wandered, and he pushed it back on track, back onto topics more appropriate for the situation. Rex did that to people; it was best to forget about it. Matthieu was the star here, and far more convincing.

"Well, I'm not in the mood for hiding myself away, at any rate. Let's have a window seat, if you have no objections, Matthieu".

The smile had returned. On letting his eyes rest on mister Vienne, somehow family matters genuinely slipped his mind altogether.

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:29 pm GMT 

Matthieu looked at him, and grinned back. "If you insist, Fed," he replied, with a little laugh. "I wouldn't mind startling a few folk out on their innocent nightly perambulations."

Perambulations. Incidentally, he was proud of knowing and indeed being able to say that word, feeling that it made him seem more intelligent and more, well, American.

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 pm GMT 

Fed smiled, this time mostly to himself. Preambulations, eh? Matthieu's accent was barely noticeable, in truth, but almost nobody could hide the hint of an accent in a word five syllables long. For a moment Fed allowed himself the fantasy that his date was, perhaps, almost as eager to impress as he was.

Three or four minutes later, the car pulled up beside the restaurant, an expensive-looking Italian establishment with a small live band. The waiters wore stiff shirts and held their heads a little too straight, but otherwise, there didn't seem to an air of pretentiousness.

The waiter glanced at the place, then back to the rear-view mirror. "Don't be wanting to leave right away, Federick, Mister Vienne, I could use a few cigarettes".

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:40 am GMT 

Matthieu laughed at him. "Well, we shall try and accommodate you, I suppose. Perhaps we shall stay for desert to let you finish the pack," he said, reaching over to open his door and gazing out at the restaurant with an air of admiration. Fed had not done too badly at all with his choice.

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:09 pm GMT 

"Well, whatever you end up doing, you gotta let me know if you're not coming home", the chauffeur replied.

Instantly, Fed flushed. He pushed the door open and clumsily stepped outside, almost pulling Matthieu with him, as if he could get him out of the car so quickly that he wouldn't have heard.

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:57 pm GMT 

A fraction before he left the car, Matthieu caught the chauffeur's eye in the rear view mirror, and winked. It was clear that he might be a little less embarrassed about such suggestions, and in fact he always enjoyed it when one's employees were on good enough terms to feel that they could make such a statement without getting fired.

He joined Fed on the sidewalk, buttoning up his jacket quickly in preparation for going inside.

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:37 am GMT 

Fed was a few steps ahead, his hands now firmly in his coat pockets, his collar up to his ears. The restaurant door opened before him to reveal a black-buttoned doorman with his nose in the air.

"Mister Doubter. We have a table for you by the window; please let us know if you would like us to move you".

Federick had booked the table under the pretence of a business meeting. The reason was twofold: it gave him an excuse to sit down alone with another man, and it ensured the restaurant would make every effort to ensure they would not be overheard. The table on the second floor overlooked the Mississippi river below, and the two closest tables were consciously vacant.

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:46 am GMT 

Matthieu let him take the lead, looking around with an eager air of interest. His eyes darted around quickly, from the interior to the clientele and staff to the food on the plates they passed. He had a quick way of noticing things, something that had always worked in his favour in business.

"Fabulous," he murmured, quietly enough just for Fed to hear him. He approved of the choice most heartily now they were inside. It would be fun to watch the river go by.

((PS I hate you. Watch my career go down the pan :P))

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:38 am GMT 

Fed draped his overcoat over the back of his chair, before stepping over to the other side of the table to pull Matthieu's chair out for him. His chivalry had not abandoned him: it was an anachronistic gesture, a force of habit from his doomed nights out with women.

Nevertheless, the waiter did not bat an eyelid. The wealthy had strange and alien customs.

( :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:47 am GMT 

Matthieu glanced at him in surprise, and tried to make his smirk a gently teasing one rather than a cruel one. Well, this was something new. He shrugged to himself and went with it, sitting down in the chair. After all, the guy had to go to some trouble to pull it out; no sense in wasting that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next