THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Just Damn Cute
 Post subject: Re: Hard Luck, Harder Ground ((Artemis))
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:10 am GMT 

Custom Title: Just Damn Cute
"For Halloween?" She thought for a moment before shrugging. "I dunno, suppose I'd probably make you just what you are now. Maybe a little better. But yours is really good still. Growing up, I always tried piecing together costumes with what I had since Florence wouldn't take us out for the longest time. I haven't been trick or treating since before my parents died."

She stopped talking for a minute, bitting at her lip some to keep the tears in check. There was just one sniffle before she moved on. "But in general I'd make you nice things."

She nodded at his comments, smiling at him. "I think I can handle that. So you know them through your modeling then? Are there going to be lots of artists types at the party?" The state of the neighborhood they'd walked into didn't bother her any. She and Flo had lived in places like this before. They'd gotten lucky on the house they were in now. But since they'd been planning in staying in Saint Louis for a while, they wanted something decent at least.

The music coming down the street gave it away some and she smiled. "it already sounds like a fun place," she laughed.

For the Love of Words Updated 8 Jan 2013

Egad!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:00 am GMT 

Custom Title: Egad!
He was horrified to hear his question bring Sylvie to the verge of tears. If she started crying about her dead parents, there was a forty percent chance that he would turn tail and run. But the girl recovered quickly.

When she asked if the couple knew him through his modeling, he replied with a strained smile. "Something like that."

She had almost hit the mark--Andrew was a photographer--although the scenes he'd shot with Celia and Gabe were probably kinkier than she imagined. The couple wasn't exactly his regular crowd. Still, he adored Celia. Andrew was a dirty old man and, he figured, probably harmless.

As they came up the front walk, he felt a jolt of nerves. It was too late to turn back now. "Come on," he said, squeezing her hand. The curtains of the house were drawn, but the interior was bright, shedding long rectangles of light across the weed-choked lawn. "Let's make our grand entrance."

He didn't bother to knock. The door was unlocked--a questionable decision for the owners of a house full of booze, though on Halloween, the cops probably had enough real trouble to keep themselves busy. As he and Sylvia stepped inside, they were greeted by a rush of heat and noise. Most of the guests were crammed into the parlor. A few had spilled out into the narrow entrance hall. A woman who, with her glasses, long face, and suit, might have been dressed as Woodrow Wilson, spotted Gabe and let out a cry.

"The lovebirds have arrived! And...dear God, Gabriel. You're the freckliest Valentino I've seen all night." She hurried over with the proprietary air of a hostess. There was already a coat and scarf piled up in her arms. "Here, let me take your coats. We're just piling them up in the bedroom. This must be the girl you've been going on about?" Her attention turned to Sylvia. "Aren't you lovely! Well, come in, have some punch, don't mind Amory and the boys, they're already quite drunk...I'm Celia, by the way, in case you haven't guessed."

It wasn't easy to get a word in edgewise, but as Celia pushed her way through to the coatroom, dragging them along behind her, one name stuck out amidst the chatter. The grin on Gabe's face tightened slightly. "Amory's here?"

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:09 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Just Damn Cute
She looked the house and yard over only minorly dubious of the place. Mostly because she couldn't understand letting the garden get to that state of distress. But it was minor, she could deal with it.

She followed him up the steps, squeezing his hand back reassuringly. She didn't know why he might be nervous going to a party with his own friends, but she was a tiny bit nervous about the whole thing. Mostly because she was afraid that they wouldn't like her because she wasn't quite like them.

Sylvia smiled brightly at the woman in the hallway when they came in. "I think he's cute that way," She said more to Gabe than in actual conversation. But of course it didn't attest what she said, the other woman went on talking anyways. So it was a lot like a conversation with Gabe anyways.

"Sylvia," She said by way of introduction as she went along after her. She had intended to keep her shawl with her, but the heat in the house made her change her mind. It was wiser to leave with the other coats and such so she didn't lose it over the evening.

Her eyes flickered over to Gabe at his question, eyebrows drawing in slightly. He didn't like this Amory character, his smile said so. She squeezed his hand again, stepping a little closer to him to let him know she was there for him, not knowing that that might be the problem.

For the Love of Words Updated 8 Jan 2013

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12