THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:51 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Non-Furry Control Group
 Post subject: Re: Unexpected [[JacobGrey!]]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:12 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Non-Furry Control Group
Once Matthieu had taken his seat, the absurdity of the image seemed to dawn on Fed. He stood for a half-second in awkwardness before brushing himself down and seating himself opposite.

The waiter had waited dutifully. "Would you like a few minutes?"

"I think so". Fed glanced at his opposite.

"I do not give one on a boat, I do not give one in an oak. I do not give one here or there; I do not give one anywhere. I do not give a fuck you see; now go away, and leave me be".

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:21 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Literary Revolutionary
"Quite," Matthieu nodded, taking up the menu in his hands. "Thank you."

These words were meant as a dismissal to the waiter, and he was soon engrossed in examining the menu. Having never visited this particular establishment before, he was keen to see what drinks they might have on offer (and, he was thinking with a slight hint of hope, what drinks they might have if Fed and he were to find some downstairs area to sneak to later on). He was also eyeing it with a professional curiosity, as he was still in the early stages of running his own restaurant.

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:56 am GMT 

"How is the business looking?", Fed asked, without looking up. Federick had not personally discussed the restaurant with Matt; he had found out all about it from his father, Theo, and the others.

It was not an endeavour he had personal experience with. Father had once owned a sizeable American-Italian riverfront, serving as a front for an expansive barrel-cellar, and otherwise lucrative. Lionel and Fed had acted as co-managers for a period of some months before it liquidated. He did not have the stomach for it.

"It's a beautiful property".

"I do not give one on a boat, I do not give one in an oak. I do not give one here or there; I do not give one anywhere. I do not give a fuck you see; now go away, and leave me be".

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:12 pm GMT 

"Good," Matthieu said, almost guilty in the way his eyes shot back to the menu. He had not meant to make this about business. It was supposed to be pleasure, after all. "I wonder, do you know what's best to eat here?"

He tried hard to keep his focus on the table, and the man, in front of him. That was why he was here - why he wanted to be here.

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:14 pm GMT 

Fed paused, and a smile curled over his face.

"I've had the salmon before, and it was brilliant. I like fish. But, I want to branch out".

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:49 am GMT 

Matthieu considered this, cocking his head to one side thoughtfully. "Perhaps then I will have the salmon. If you do not like your new choice, you can always sample a bite of mine to make up for it, hein?"

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:32 pm GMT 

Fed gave a little start.

"I wouldn't-- can't do that, Matthieu. It's yours, it'll have... you'll have touched it. I'll have touched it. If we... we can't share, Matthieu, it'll be almost as if-- almost like-- we can't share, Matthieu".

His delicate sensibilities had been thrown out of order by the proposition. Still, a part of him-- a large part of him-- liked the idea very much.

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:35 am GMT 

Matthieu burst out laughing at Fed's consternation. His laughter was good-natured, not mocking. "Oh, you Americans," he said, shaking his head with a grin. "You know, in France, we think a lot about food. We have the finest chefs in the world. So for us, to sample a little of one another's dishes is not so out of the ordinary. It's important to find out if the other dish is better, hein? And besides, mon ami, I think we two might be moving beyond such shyness."

He added a sly wink to the end of his words. He did not need to say the thought he was implying, that two mouths which met need not worry about things like sharing food since they shared the rest already.

((I'm not saying I'm so much more used to Microsoft Word than forums these days, but I tried to CTRL + I those italics -__-))

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:32 pm GMT 

Fed paused, unsure of how to respond. He knew that the words Matthieu had just spoken were tremendously sweet, and that the man across was reaching a hand out to him. Yet, he nevertheless found it difficult to reach past his stiff, inexpressive upbringing. He tried his best.

"Well, I... I wouldn't want to spend the rest of the night jealous of what you had ordered", he replied. A second later a smile followed.

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:52 pm GMT 

"That's the spirit," Matthieu beamed, a much more generous reaction than Fed's words perhaps called for. But Matthieu was not about to let go of the momentum he had so far built up. He glanced around, trying to get the attention of a waiter so that they could place their order and get on with waiting for the food to arrive (always the most interesting part of the meal, in his opinion).

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:49 pm GMT 

The waiter took only a few minutes more, a simple towel over the crook of his arm. It was quite likely one or both of the diners had been recognised; their waiting time seemed noticeably shorter than for the other tables.

Fed ordered a clam broth to start, roast duck for the main. He rarely ordered a starter, but wanted to prolong the evening. The Doubter children had always been able to eat more than their svelte frames showed.

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 am GMT 

Matthieu carefully selected a clam broth to match, but a baked ham for his main course. He had not looked over the starters much, unsure as to whether Fed would want one, but it was easy to choose the same. He worried a little about the liquor and breadcrumbs in the ham and how they might affect his figure, but he could always find a way to work off the food. After all, tonight itself might provide some exercise if things went well.