THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:56 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 348  Next

Shiggity Shiggity Shwa!
 Post subject: Your place to scream. (there COULD be foul language)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:14 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Shiggity Shiggity Shwa!
Well... every once in a while, we all just need to scream, or at least, feel like it... And there's never really a place to do so without people thinking your crazy and some such.

So... Here it is... at least, a virtual place anyway, I don't know if it'll have the same effect as actually doing it, but at least it's a start. So have at it! Scream here when you have to (or just want to for the hell of it), And I do mean scream, curse, yell, shout at the world (not at each other), let it all out and do it like you mean it, and don't give us any reason or detail as to the why, you can create your own topic, this is purely to let it out.

Oh, and before I go, this is NOT a curse free zone, if you are offended by certain words (that may, or may not, go beyond the F--- word), then I suggest you turn back (and maybe make a curse free topic if you want to), because, let's face it, sometimes you don't just go "augh," there are some expletives in there that you don't want little children to hear.

Post subject: Re: Your place to scream. (there COULD be foul language)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:22 am GMT 

Stubs,...your creation of this post has inspired me,...not to shriek with rage or anything (thus I may me betraying your hope for this area), but to share a story... But I promise, it's ONLY because this story directly relates to your topic that I feel I must share it...

I once happened to find a place, right in the middle of a city, right in the middle of a very popular hotel I once worked at, to scream in rage and frustration as loudly as I wished without anyone thinking I was crazy,...without anyone really even being able to hear me barely at all... It was a momentary heaven in the midst of the hectic, sometimes angry environment of my workplace....

It was the walk-in freezer of the Food Storeroom of the Hyatt Regency in Austin Texas...

Against the back of the 10'x10' freezer was a service elevator shaft, to each side of the freezer was walk-in vegetable cooler and a walk-in meat and dairy cooler, and the front of the freezer opened up into the Food Storeroom itself, a large, very-private, locked chamber full of shelves of food, separated from the working kitchens that surrounded it and from the rooms above and below it by thick concrete walls and ceilings.... It was here that I once labored as a Food Storeroom Clerk, divvying out food to the three large kitchens that served all the banquet needs and the two gourmet restaurants of the hotel, as well as Room Service and the employee cafe of the hotel workers....

Every day the hotel did an unbelievable amount of business, with crazy amounts of food flying off our shelves to be rushed out on carts to surly, red-faced cooks and chefs that demanded instant gratification because of the horrible pressure they were under to fulfill the needs of the hotel guests and clientele RIGHT NOW!!!! The pressure to perform in that place was horribly high,…and to make matters worse we had the wonder and terror of a head chef who ran all the kitchens with an iron fist full of fear, loathing, and over 50 torturous years of food-service experience.... He was more of a mountain than a man, with steel-grey hair, fingers as thick as daikon radishes, and a grim German accent that caused one's bowels to release if he raised his voice at you,....which he did quite often,...to everyone around him...

Needless to say,…the desire,...the primal NEED to scream came suddenly, and with great urgency, quite frequently in those days to anyone and everyone who worked in those kitchens, and ESPECIALLY in our Food Storeroom that served them...

Inside that little walk-in freezer, with disturbing exuberance, me, my colleagues, and several key members of the kitchen staff (who were eventually attracted by tales of our "dirty-little-secret" pastime) would sometimes come to scream their lungs out in that wonderfully chilly environment...with no-one to hear you, or stare at you accusingly, other than cans of frozen orange juice and plain, frost-rimmed white boxes of rock-hard chicken breasts... It was glorious...

But eventually recognizing that we might actually be doing damage to the delicate tissues of our throat and lungs (not to mention that there were some who claimed that they could actually barely hear us shrieking in madness from time-to-time in the main kitchen), we came up with an even BETTER solution to truly relieve the primal, animalistic, almost psychotic need to vent our momentary bouts of anger and frustration.... We "bit the meat"....

Allow me to explain...

As I mentioned, to one side of the freezer there was also a walk-in meat cooler... Here we kept (among other things) the thickly “Cryovac-ed” (heavily plastic-wrapped) slabs of meat our hotel used to make its "famous" beef fajitas... The shrink-wrapped plastic covering the meat was SOOOOO thick that it took REALLY strong cutlery of the sharpest kind to remove it,...and at some point a clerk who had previously worked there had discovered (perhaps out of simple curiosity) that if you decided to try to take a bite out of one of those plastic covered skirt-steaks, no amount of pressure delivered apparently by even the strongest of human jaws could provide enough "biting power" to actually penetrate that plastic layer... Such a bite might even leave a wonderful little (barely perceptible) mouth-shaped set of dimples in the meat itself, but one's teeth could never break through (at least ours never did), and once the meat was later processed into fajita strips, no one was ever the wiser to these antics.... This bizarre little behavior (and the visceral pleasure derived from it) was subsequently passed down to all the Food Storeroom clerks that followed,...and finally to me...

Now you might be thinking "why would ANYONE want to do this???"

Well,...just imagine for a moment....think back to some time in your own childhood past where, in a fit of rage, you may have bitten down,...REALLY HARD, on something (or even someone) while in a fight,...while screaming into your pillow…whatever.... Do you REMEMBER how that felt? How much immediate tension that truly released, and what sense of base satisfaction may have welled up both during and after the event?

If you don't,…then perhaps it's high time you found a way to safely recreate that sensation (without endangering either your teeth or someone else's hide),...because,...let me tell you, there's NOTHING like it..... absolutely.... nothing....

And, in our special case,...those giant, deliciously cool, perfectly solid yet wonderfully pliable and,...well,....bite-able...slabs of red meat did the trick for us in ways that are difficult for even ME to describe with mere words.... My delightful little turns of phrases just simply do not do the decadently satisfying sensation justice! The feeling of growling, almost crying out, like some beast,...noises blissfully blunted by the plastic-covered meat itself,...as your teeth clamp down with all their might... is a feeling that washes over you like a thousand deep-muscle massages all in the space of a mere moment of pure relief....

Sound freaky? Well,…it is.... But let me tell you,...I would probably be worried if I were the only one...

I wasn't...

We ended up sharing the secret with other co-workers…

Each and every meat-delivery day (which usually came at the end of an always-stressful week), numerous individuals from all three of our kitchens, most of the ones who once came to scream out their glory in the freezer, as well as several others besides,...all came to partake of this new-found answer to seeing a stress-councilor...

Yes indeed,…they came to bite the meat....

Jadúgara ^_^

Last edited by Jadúgara on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:20 pm GMT, edited 1 time in total.

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:22 pm GMT 

Custom Title: And then stuff happened.
Jadúgara, that's amazing...

Also...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

*bites meat!*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:31 am GMT 

Emily O'Connor wrote:
Jadúgara, that's amazing...

Heh,...thanks,..true stories are the funnest!

Jadúgara ^_^

...inscrutable look...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:31 am GMT 

Location: I've gone to find myself. If you see me before I get back, tell me to stay where I am.
Custom Title: ...inscrutable look...
That was simply, most definitely awesome. XD

At my job, we just harass each other. It's all in fun, though. Makes the stress feel better.

I can has [random] blog!

SMILE!
 Post subject: Bite The Meat.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:47 am GMT 

Custom Title: SMILE!
Jadúgara that was great. May I nick parts of it next time I have to write something for my creative writing course? I just love the term Bite the Meat.

Also

vtyt;o8eat 7b3WOY;USB;O8B8B7'YA975ET 43Q5A978]-40yp86ub9pe7 o5ibujw4ponuy55ohc5 4qqqqqqqqqlker7gtoeaty087987 yv853 73q 67'0q943764 v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v85bwy6iuhgwif7ylrtvtv9436qyo5.

That's my pound the keyboard scream.

Post subject: Re: Bite The Meat.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:22 pm GMT 

curly wrote:
Jadúgara that was great. May I nick parts of it next time I have to write something for my creative writing course? I just love the term Bite the Meat.

Ha ha!! Sure! Go ahead!

curly wrote:
Also

vtyt;o8eat 7b3WOY;USB;O8B8B7'YA975ET 43Q5A978]-40yp86ub9pe7 o5ibujw4ponuy55ohc5 4qqqqqqqqqlker7gtoeaty087987 yv853 73q 67'0q943764 v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v85bwy6iuhgwif7ylrtvtv9436qyo5.

That's my pound the keyboard scream.

I especially loved the "v" usage.... It made the digital scream "sharper" somehow.....

Jadúgara ^_^

...inscrutable look...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:24 pm GMT 

Location: I've gone to find myself. If you see me before I get back, tell me to stay where I am.
Jadúgara, my boss today was having a really rough day, b/c of stuff going on at home, and I told her your story. It made her laugh, which made me feel good.

I can has [random] blog!

The Elusive
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:22 pm GMT 

Custom Title: The Elusive
*%&*#@*!!

I just found out I missed the deadlines for my last two algebra assignments. I could have gone online to do them any time last week and they were insanely easy and that's why I'm pissed off. It. Was. Easy. We were told the first day of class that getting assignments done and keeping track of when they were due was up to us, so if I say ANYTHING I'll automatically be handed 'it was your responsibility' card.

Online homework is a SHITTY idea. I don't mind that the program cost extra along with the textbook, it's easy enough and we can go back any time to correct our answers before the deadline passes. But now that the deadline has passed I'm not able to go back in and even look at the assignment! Order of Operations and Exponents! Math doesn't get any fucking easier!!

I had two easy 100% and now unless I go crawling to my teacher I've got two 0%!! Aaaugh!!! :evil:

Quote:
Lackadaisy RPer's are fittingly like cats- it's next to impossible to get many of us rounded up, never mind to collaborate.

...inscrutable look...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:24 pm GMT 

*hugs*

I can has [random] blog!

The Elusive
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:05 pm GMT 

Custom Title: The Elusive
And now my Dad's in the hospital for his elbow and I snapped at him while I was upset over the math, and while I was doing the homework I apparently spilled my water bottle all over my bed and didn't notice I was sitting in it until I moved. And this time yesterday I was just upset as I am now because I realized I have until next Sunday to get my scholarship applications for next fall in.

Week two of 2nd semester and I'm already ready to scream 'fuck it.' *headdesk*

...Thank you, Stubs. Any other thread and I would have felt guilty about all the cussing.

Quote:
Lackadaisy RPer's are fittingly like cats- it's next to impossible to get many of us rounded up, never mind to collaborate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:40 am GMT 

LadyDass wrote:
Jadúgara, my boss today was having a really rough day, b/c of stuff going on at home, and I told her your story. It made her laugh, which made me feel good.

That's awesome!

You know,..the cool part of that is that Stubbs created this area honoring one's need to scream, I'm assuming, in an effort to help people feel better under the exact kind of stressful situations your boss was enduring...and as a result of you sharing the story I put up as a lark, Stubbs' thread here inadvertantly helped someone who has probably never even visited the Lackadaisy Forum...

How cool is THAT?!?!?! :D

And Jabberwocky,...so sorry about your series of unfortunate events... Absolutely all screamworthy!

Jadúgara ^_^

And then stuff happened.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:29 pm GMT 

Custom Title: And then stuff happened.
6 fucking years on antidepressants that I probably didn't fucking need to be on in the first place....now that I'm freshly off of them, I'm moody as fuck and end up being a complete bitch to Sarloch. But right now? I'm just bitchy as fuck for NO FUCKING REASON!

And I have class tonight. And while Sarloch wants to do something afterwards, he doesn't want to come over to my house...when I just spent the night at his with his family that I HATE!

*sigh* I don't like being in moods like this....I really fucking don't and it pisses me off more that I get in these moods anyway...

...inscrutable look...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:34 pm GMT 

*huggesh*

I can has [random] blog!

The hand no one ever sees
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:06 pm GMT 

Custom Title: The hand no one ever sees
So this girl I had liked for awhile, who had kinda said no to me a bit ago, is now dating one of my closest friends. The part that pisses me off the most is that she used to be all not being able to date anyone because of something horrible that happened, which I am the only one to not know anything about, nor will anyone tell me. Well, it seems like she suddenly got over that, and it's really pissing me off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 348  Next