THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:08 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Embodiment of contradictions
 Post subject: Life is strange
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:21 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Embodiment of contradictions
My ISP finally decided to stop blacklisting this forum, no doubt because its a hive of furry and villainy.

Medication is a wondrous thing, I'm not sure if everyone is aware. Being schizophrenic since I was 14, developing OCD shortly after, throw in an anxiety disorder; life's a pitch without it. Managed to get 2 prescriptions for heavily important medication a couple of days ago after 4-5 months without it because yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay government shutdown. The ACA takes care of all my fees now so I can't complain entirely.

I get to see a bearded man with letters before his name next week-ish to talk to him about my latent homicidal urges and how to make Bill Clinton and the Enzyte guy stop talking about Herpetology when I'm trying to write. Speaking of, I'm going to update that fic you were badgering me about before, Donnie. Soon as I find the file.

I don't seem to have missed much around my intermittent poppins here, I'd describe it something above ghost town. Probably has to do with the last update closing on a year ago. I sit eagerly waiting for it however, and any new art of Zib I can fawn over (*cough* avatar *cough*). My life goals currently include getting a doodle in my book (And the second volume when it comes out) preferably while meeting the lady herself at a con.

Also on my life goals is going into the National Guard. I don't know when. Maybe I won't. Can't spend the rest of my life in a tiny room eating peach rings and drinking $1 tea. Need to finish my degrees but got no money. Life tends to meld together when there's nothing but someday.

Perhaps some shared sentiments? As is I view the future as an ugly beast delivering quaint and nicely wrapped gifts.

You have a strange and evil mind on your shoulders, smarticus.

Are you cussing with me?
 Post subject: Re: Life is strange
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:28 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Are you cussing with me?
Tea's great man. Things are suckville for our generation, prospects-wise. Honestly, I would personally advise against the military, but if your hearts in it, go for it. It's good you're keeping your head above water, and hit me up sometime on skype if you need someone to talk to.

Dig the cat. Dig the shades on the cat.

Embodiment of contradictions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:36 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Embodiment of contradictions
Here's a riddle:

Someone asks you to add them on skype but doesn't post their ID.

What's the answer?

smarticusws

And nah man it's that Arizona and Peace stuff that like watery fruit juice. Nice taste and good deal for 16oz.

You have a strange and evil mind on your shoulders, smarticus.

Guys I totally write now.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:08 am GMT 

Custom Title: Guys I totally write now.
Yeah, it is pretty empty here. I haven't been on here much myself lately, life and whatnot. As for life, I'm not sure where I'm headed in school, all I know is that plenty of other people are with me. One of my friends is in the midst of forming a company that I'll actually have a position in when the contracts are sent out, then I get to write and design units for a Steampunk RTS.

The future for me is uncertain, but on a world view it's going to get worse. Sometimes I have thoughts that there was a very small percentage that I'm human, and I could have been anything else in the universe, or nothing at all. They don't make me feel insignificant, I just know my place.

I still find it surprising that I don't have any great emotional reactions to media. Literally the worst I feel is a little heartache, maybe some eye-pressure but never tears.

So yeah. Life sure is strange but (for all we know) it's the only time we have.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:51 pm GMT 

Location: Avatar from http://www.transformice.com/paroles-de-dev-4/index.php
Here's the answer: That man is a not quite clinical introvert.

He's probably got a Skype account for work that he stopped using ever since Snowden did his thing.

He may have made a fictional Skype account when drunk and someone asked him to, but the conversations on that got too demanding really quick, so he stopped using that, too.

Skype is a thing people use to disturb his quiet and peace.

He was wrong to ask you though, and apologizes, and empathizes with your ordeal: Please, don't stop posting. It is important that you keep going.