THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:57 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

cheese
 Post subject: Re: Your Irrational Fears. (Possible Language)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 am GMT 

Custom Title: cheese
smarticus wrote:
Dolphinz wrote:
The rapists.

I'd be scared of them too.

Oh you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 pm GMT 

I'm terrified of most things. Though, my big fears are spiders (which I know why, sheer childhood trauma), and drowning (despite loving to swim). I do have a very odd fear though I really cannot explain. When I'm very tired, I develop an intense terror of mirrors for some reason. I hate looking at myself, it makes me deeply uncomfortable then actually scared, except I don't know what of.

If you ain't smart, you better be quick.

Just don't blink
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:44 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Just don't blink
Spiders for sure. Getting too close to people, both physically and emotionally, but I think that's because of past experiences and never having been very close to other people for too long.

"What is it about fire? So calm and peaceful but... inside, all power and destruction. It's hiding something. Just like people do. Sometimes you have to get close to find what's inside. Sometimes you have to get burned to see the truth."

I ain't saying nothing.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:22 am GMT 

Custom Title: I ain't saying nothing.
Ahhh, one of my many fears is anything pertaining to my eyes, I can't stand it. I'm always afraid I'm going to lose my sight, and not the fact that I'll end up being blind in one/two eyes, but of how I'm going to end up going blind, as well as the pain. (if I even do.) For instance I wear glasses and I refuse to even attempt to wear contacts for that purpose, I can't put anything near them.

And whenever I'll be watching some sort of movie, and someone were to have some sort of eye related injury I turn away. (Child's Play 2 for example, with the factory scene.)

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:33 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Non-Furry Control Group
I feel safer in places like London than I do in places like Norfolk (where I live, in the countryside), even at night. What makes this "irrational" is that it's all upside-down, statistically speaking.

"I do not give one on a boat, I do not give one in an oak. I do not give one here or there; I do not give one anywhere. I do not give a fuck you see; now go away, and leave me be".

Talentless Smartass
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Talentless Smartass
I'm afraid of quietness. I literally cannot fall asleep at all without the T.V or computer on in the background, and staying at my cousin's house in the country means a lot of all nighters with a switchblade. Oh yeah, also, I'm always extremely tense while visiting a countryside. Everything that happens, I picture leading up to a bad scenario. I even swear to this day that I saw a UFO when I was 8. (Not saying it was an alien, but it scared me enough to run a quarter mile from my cousin's house to a bar. (where the partially drunk partrons didn't appreciate screaming children)

A.B.A.P (As Balla As Possible)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:40 pm GMT 

Custom Title: A.B.A.P (As Balla As Possible)
CobaltCrysis wrote:
I'm afraid of quietness. I literally cannot fall asleep at all without the T.V or computer on in the background, and staying at my cousin's house in the country means a lot of all nighters with a switchblade. Oh yeah, also, I'm always extremely tense while visiting a countryside. Everything that happens, I picture leading up to a bad scenario. I even swear to this day that I saw a UFO when I was 8. (Not saying it was an alien, but it scared me enough to run a quarter mile from my cousin's house to a bar. (where the partially drunk partrons didn't appreciate screaming children)

I hate loud places.

Remind me to never enter the same room as you. :p

sucks.
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:21 pm GMT 

Custom Title: sucks.
The day after prom, me and my friends are supposed to be going by ourselves to Six Flags Great Adventure (which is like one state over from where I live), but I'm hesitant about going because I'm worried that something really bad is going to happen while we're on the road. I mean, I know I shouldn't be, but it's bothering me and I feel like wanting to drop out from going altogether.

X-Cop
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:06 pm GMT 

Custom Title: X-Cop
Maybe this is common, maybe not. I don't know. The sight of any bumble bees, yellow jackets, horseflies, wasps, etc, scare me to high hell. Any insect capable of shoving a stinger into you, or bite you, it terrible, sure, but giving it wings and that terrible buzz is like mating Satan and nuclear warheads.

Whenever I see anything of this nature, I yelp "Aw, shit!" before running a little ways in the opposite direction, then move around the opposing insect.

Once I found a yellow jacket in my room. I didn't sleep that weekend.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:23 pm GMT 

Random User wrote:
Maybe this is common, maybe not. I don't know. The sight of any bumble bees, yellow jackets, horseflies, wasps, etc, scare me to high hell. Any insect capable of shoving a stinger into you, or bite you, it terrible, sure, but giving it wings and that terrible buzz is like mating Satan and nuclear warheads.

Whenever I see anything of this nature, I yelp "Aw, shit!" before running a little ways in the opposite direction, then move around the opposing insect.

Spiders, bees, wasps, I get it. You can be scared of them. Just please don't kill them! Pollinators are DYING!!

X-Cop
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:57 pm GMT 

Custom Title: X-Cop
IntimidatingScones wrote:
Random User wrote:

Spiders, bees, wasps, I get it. You can be scared of them. Just please don't kill them! Pollinators are DYING!!

I'm too scared to go near them enough to kill them. ;-;

Except for that one in my room. I'm sorry but I couldn't handle that any way else other than standing outside of the house until it flew out. @-@

Fat Cat
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:14 am GMT 

Custom Title: Fat Cat
Spiders have never really scared me, but I've always hated bees, wasps, and other stinger'd insects. I know that they usually don't just go after people or anything like that, but when they're nearby I can't help but get nervous or something of the sort.

It's shanty time!
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:11 am GMT 

Custom Title: It's shanty time!
Oh, boy! This is my thread! I got one major irrational fear, and I... Oh, man! Sure, I'm terrified of needles, I live in fear of losing my teeth, and I can't walk on manholes, but my biggest phobia is without a doubt the sunfish. It's huge, it's flat and it looks like retardation personified. I get the creeps when only I see something of a similar shape to it!

May's characters are under reconstruction!
(4 out of 22 are done reconstructing and ready for RPing, PM me!)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:02 pm GMT 

*Pokes thread with a stick* My fears are never all that solid. I can't say I'm afraid of spiders or public speaking. I'm more afraid of What Ifs. 'Could I handle it if' blankety-blank happened 'or would that finally push me over the edge?' And I'm not talking "What if we break up?' or "What if nobody wants to be my friend?' I'm talking some of the horrors mankind does to one another so terrifying that we all cover our ears and close our eyes and scream LALALAICANTHEARYOUTHISISNTAREALTHING!

Once you realize there ARE fates worse that death, most things just don't seem quite so scary compared.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:54 pm GMT 

Well, my actual biggest fear is darkness. Like, being completely alone in the dark, or not being, just thinking about it, makes me extremely nervous and paranoid. Also, anything "paranormal" stuff (Ghost, aliens, zombies, creepy creatures ect) give me legit nightmares.
I'm really afraid of crossing roads or being inside a car that is going too fast. Living in a city/country like mine doesn't help this fear at all (Crazy drivers everywhere, yay)
Every time I hear a loud noise, like a thunder or something, I flinch and freeze in the place. I used to get little panic attacks, but now I have more control about it or something.

Also: BUGS. Skipper butterflies, bees... FLYING COCKROACHES OH MY GOD ;A;) *Hides under a bed*