THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:32 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

For reasons unknown.
 Post subject: Re: Therapy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 pm GMT 

Custom Title: For reasons unknown.
Glad to hear that (the fact that it has not been bothering you in the last years).

Amicitia concero omnis
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:57 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Amicitia concero omnis
Hahaha, I figured. ^^;

— Carl Sandburg

Det tog 25 år att ens komma så här långt och jag ser en framtid där jag kunde bli något stort...

Characters, and Timelines! Char solos!

For reasons unknown.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:59 pm GMT 

Of course, I had no doubt you would. But somebody else might have misinterpreted my text; I don't want to potentially hurt anybody's feelings with any careless remarks.

A.B.A.P (As Balla As Possible)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:08 pm GMT 

Custom Title: A.B.A.P (As Balla As Possible)
This thread kind of makes me want to talk about my own psychological problems.

Aside from the ADHD (and it's a very small case at that), I don't appear to have any problems with much of anything. I'm extremely shy, introverted, and quiet, but that's just me, there's no real cause for why I'm so quiet. I was never abused, bullied, molested, or even harmed physically for that matter, and I've never physically or even emotionally harmed anyone else. I'm just this quiet kid who's surprisingly pleasant to be around, and that doesn't really affect my mental state. Online, however, is a different story. Given the power of anonymity and the fact that I can't be touched, I turned into a complete sociopath when I picked it up. I would go as far as making fake names, addresses and completely different personalities for myself online. I also proved to be very paranoid and egotistical. At the time, I didn't really feel much compassion for anyone online, so when someone was legitimately hurt, I'd either keep going, or pull out as if nothing had happened. Thankfully, I'm not an idiot, and I caught on to this behavior eventually. I gave myself a reevaluation of my life and the dramatic difference of who I was online and offline. I think more people like the stable me than the sociopathic me, so eventually I just started being honest with myself, and it feels good. I have a lot more confidence now as well.

As for depression, sorrow hurts, but I usually get over any depressing feelings in like, 2 or 3 days. Otherwise, I'm kind of cheery (on the inside, at least).

For reasons unknown.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:17 pm GMT 

At least, from what I read, it seems we're all progressing. Which is a good thing, I suppose.

Loyal Mordecai Follower
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:17 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Loyal Mordecai Follower
So I noticed this was in October but.. figured I could say what I thought after reading trough it all-
I hope it goes well for you and that your mother has not stressed it up when/if she figured it out if you did not tell her.
I don`t know.. I wanted to sort of.. show my support even though it has been some months.

I were one of those cases that were forced into it because I enjoyed music and being alone far too much since it made me concentrate.
Depression set in after I had my right arm broken above and under the elbow, and the elbow itself being so crushed that the main nerve is not working properly. I avoided the appointments like the plague, but the truth is, even though it was boring:

It was nice talking to the woman in the hospital and just.. she just listened and then we would just talk. She made brownies for me at my birthday too, heh. The fact that she was also telling me some of her secrets were helping me trust her more.

I am not antisocial as many thought I were, infact, make me talk and I am the big too loyal blabber mouth that means everything well.
But I just enjoy concentrating properly too when I try to write, heh.
Sorry, ranted abit.

Hope it goes nice for you now.