THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:55 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376

Proud Hufflepuff
 Post subject: Re: Things that made your day.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:07 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Proud Hufflepuff
Just spent an entire day driving around in the mountains, soaking in the scenery. It was a wonderful, refreshing day.

Here Be Characters

The Maxwell Hotel is always looking for workers(both in the hotel and cafe) and connections (both in family and (legitimate) business).

Amicitia concero omnis
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:51 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Amicitia concero omnis
Saw Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. I WANNA SEE IT AGAIN. Also, Newt reminds me just. . .so much of Åke it's downright scary. >.>;; HP!Åke even works with dragons. O.o

This has also rekindled my desire to RP the HP!AU. And now I'm researching and I realize that Åke would've gone to Durmstrang (which is apparently most likely in the far north of Norway or Sweden, and not in Russia/the Baltics like I originally thought) - and he would've hated every minute of that military-esque school. But, that means I can have him secretly be a goddamn badass at martial magic and dueling, which Durmstrang is known for. Lol. If he'd been to Hogwarts, he would've been Hufflepuff. xD

— Carl Sandburg

Det tog 25 år att ens komma så här långt och jag ser en framtid där jag kunde bli något stort...

Characters, and Timelines! Char solos!

Amicitia concero omnis
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:39 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Amicitia concero omnis
DOUBLE POST:

I just had the best goddamn day at work. Which is weird, because I opened at 8:45 so I had to get up at 7:45ish. Not fun. BUT. The customers are always so nice and kind of fun to talk to, even if I have to give two spiels. Then. THEN. This older couple comes through my line, I start off asking how they are, if they found everything okay - they did. And then I hear them talk to each other for a moment and I just kind of froze a bit. That sounds really familiar, I thought. I'm gonna take a chance...

"Är du svensk?"

Turns out, yes. Yes they were. They were from Stockholm, and just visiting their daughter. So I got to chat with them for a few minutes and do the entire transaction in Swedish (apart from looking up a phone number). Which is a huge fucking deal when you live in the middle-of-nowhere, Indiana. They even complimented my Swedish! (And told me I sounded like a Finland-Swede, lol.)

And then my boss gave me a box of Godiva. Again. xD

— Carl Sandburg

Det tog 25 år att ens komma så här långt och jag ser en framtid där jag kunde bli något stort...

Characters, and Timelines! Char solos!

Pure mediocrity since 1998.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:29 am GMT 

Custom Title: Pure mediocrity since 1998.
New Blade Runner looks pretty cool.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376