THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:26 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 89  Next

Post subject: Re: Dumb Questions
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 pm GMT 

Not sure if this has been asked already, but what is Ivy majoring in? Whatever it is, she certainly doesn't seem to be very... concerned about it.

Boss Lady
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:19 pm GMT 
Administrator

Custom Title: Boss Lady
Sorry for taking so long in getting back to some of your questions. I've been out of town on a short trip.

Quote:
I have a really bad habit of naming every single non-important character for no reason whatsoever. So what I'm wondering is, Viktors war buddies, ht Jazz cats in Zibs band, Ivy's classmates, and the Circus troupe, Do any of the extra cats in there have names, or am I gonna have to name them all to satisfy my poor little brain?

The band members have names as most of them actually appear in the comic, but feel free to dole out names if you want. ;)

Quote:
Second: Does Zib's band have a name?

Originally the Dixie Drifters Jazzing Orchestra (or ‘jazz band’ once the terminology had become obsolete as jazz matured) before they fell into place as the Lackadaisy’s regular band and ceased to drift. =P

Quote:
Third: What country is Viktor fighting for in the war picture?

The U.S.

Quote:
Fourth: REALLY dumb personal question that I asked in the Scrapbook thread, but I'll ask again, just in case. I LOVE Wick's tux. If I take pictures, would you allow me to have that tux made so I can wear it to my wedding (That is, if I ever find a woman who is willing to actually date me)?

Certainly – I’d be honored to see it put to such use. =)

Quote:
I've been curious about this for a while now, is Rocky an orphan? Are we gonna learn a little more about his past and how he became the maniac we all love today?

He’s not an orphan, but because of his particular family circumstances, he spent a lot of his childhood in Nina’s care. You’ll learn more about his background in the comic.

Quote:
Why is that all of the characters' scleras are tinted the same color as their irises? Stylistic choice? Genetic mutation? Because it looks damn cool*?

Style choice mostly. I felt their eyes looked a little too human and not catty enough with white scleras, but too cat-like for the range of facial expression I wanted with irises that comprised most of the visible portion of the eye. I ended up compromising by tinting the sclera.

Quote:
Aaaaanyway, I actually have one more question: What your favorite Jazz band? I've been listening to a lot of the Metamorphosis Jazz Band lately, and I'm wanting more :B

Quote:
In relation to this question, what are your favorite bands of other genres? Do you like the Beatles? And what other genres do you like?

Yes, I like the Beatles – they’ve been the mainstay among my musical preferences since I can remember.
As for what else I like…I hardly know where to start. I listen to a lot of classic rock from the 60’s and 70’s – Simon and Garfunkel, Eric Clapton, The Kinks, Cat Stevens, The Rolling Stones, and Queen among others.
I like a lot of things that would fall into the jazz, swing, ragtime, rockabilly, punk and folk categories (or combinations thereof) too – the Squirrel Nut Zippers (who did a lot of material reminiscent of hot jazz - my favorite listening material for comic drawing), The Brian Setzer Orchestra, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Cherry Poppin’ Daddies, Cab Calloway, Django Reinhardt, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Scott Joplin, a little bit of Miles Davis, Tom Waits, Flogging Molly, Gogol Bordello…and many others. =P

Quote:
are you going to post a human version of atlas someday? (I'm not expecting it soon of course, your'e quite busy I'm sure. I'll probably be watching lackadaisy till it ends, so will it come before that?)

Probably, yes – I’ll likely include a human drawing of him and Asa both in a previews collection at some point.

Quote:
By using "lost contact" in referring to Viktor and his relatives, do you mean that he actually has no idea where they are, but might want to know? Or do you mean it as a euphemism, like he's actually severed contact with them instead?

Well, more like they severed contact with him.

Quote:
What do they have for pets?

Aside from cats, they keep the usual array of pets.
parakeets, hamsters, garden gnomes, fishsticks…

Quote:
Not sure if this has been asked already, but what is Ivy majoring in? Whatever it is, she certainly doesn't seem to be very... concerned about it.

Liberal arts/undecided. She's needs to get her requisite studies in dancing, socializing and loafing around out of the way before declaring a major.

Tigermetal
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:22 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Tigermetal
Fishsticks?? :o

Boss Lady
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:26 pm GMT 
Administrator

and eskimos

Tigermetal
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:27 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Tigermetal
*snorts* :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:58 pm GMT 

Tracy wrote:
Quote:
are you going to post a human version of atlas someday? (I'm not expecting it soon of course, your'e quite busy I'm sure. I'll probably be watching lackadaisy till it ends, so will it come before that?)

Probably, yes – I’ll likely include a human drawing of him and Asa both in a previews collection at some point.

Quote:
By using "lost contact" in referring to Viktor and his relatives, do you mean that he actually has no idea where they are, but might want to know? Or do you mean it as a euphemism, like he's actually severed contact with them instead?

Well, more like they severed contact with him.

Wow...I obviously never thought of it that way. Thanks you so much for answering the questions!!!!

Non-Furry Control Group
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:12 am GMT 

Custom Title: Non-Furry Control Group
Tracy wrote:
Simon and Garfunkel

YES!! :D Simon & Garfunkel ftw! Always been my favourites! Such good taste!

What about.... *plsplspls*.... Harry Nilsson?

"I do not give one on a boat, I do not give one in an oak. I do not give one here or there; I do not give one anywhere. I do not give a fuck you see; now go away, and leave me be".

Why don'tcha do right?
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:36 am GMT 

Custom Title: Why don'tcha do right?
Tracy wrote:
Quote:
Fourth: REALLY dumb personal question that I asked in the Scrapbook thread, but I'll ask again, just in case. I LOVE Wick's tux. If I take pictures, would you allow me to have that tux made so I can wear it to my wedding (That is, if I ever find a woman who is willing to actually date me)?

Certainly – I’d be honored to see it put to such use. =)

WOOOOOOOOOO.

You have just made my day, THANK YOU. Now so save up the money. (which'll take FOREVER it my current rate XD)

Dectective of Science
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:38 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Dectective of Science
Thank you for answering my question. And beware "Revolution 9" by the Beatles. I know people who went temporarily insane on that. Others stopped halfway through out of the torture the felt like they were receiving.

Characters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:01 am GMT 

Thank you for answering my question :) I can't wait to learn more about the characters now!

♥ Kero-ro! ♥
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:01 am GMT 

Custom Title: ♥ Kero-ro! ♥
I read somewhere in the gallery, I think, that Freckle was based on a cat that you really had or something. ^^; Was that cat like...sweet one minute and then an arm-shredding maniac the next?

Boss Lady
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:45 am GMT 
Administrator

Yes, in fact.
I adopted Calvin as a kitten when I first moved to Missouri and really didn't know anyone in the area. He's extremely affectionate, purrs like an engine, brings me his favorite toy when he wants to play, and follows me about like a lap dog. I can't even take a bath without him insisting he lounge on the narrow, slippery rim of the tub (which has resulted in an unhappily damp cat on more than one occasion).

Contrarily, I don't think I've had a single family member or friend to the house who hasn't at one time been accosted by my unstable, orange housemate. For whatever reason, the sound of laughter sets him off. Watching funny movies or even just sitting around, chatting and laughing are dangeous sports in this household - the sudden dilation of Calvin's pupils is a sure indicator that carnage is about to ensue.
He's mastered the arm-gripping-kicking-biting multi-assault. He knows how to hold a grudge long enough to wait until unsuspecting victims are perfectly vulnerable on the stairs, at which point he goes for the ankles. Then there's his famous ballistic face attack, which would - were it not for the resulting shock and bloodshed - be a rather impressive acrobatic feat involving the living room furniture and a projectile cat.

So, yeah. He's a real sweetheart...when he's not flying into an uncontrolled rage.

♥ Kero-ro! ♥
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 am GMT 

Custom Title: ♥ Kero-ro! ♥
Oh man, that is priceless. I was just about to say that Calvin reminds me of my cat Dinah, who I got when I was four and stuck around until I was about eleven. xD She was very much a split-personality feline.

Thanks for answering!

The Poor Son of a b***h
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:29 am GMT 

Location: A dark forest far from the prying eyes of the towering cities
Custom Title: The Poor Son of a b***h
Hmmm....will their be a gambler character?

"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal."- Oscar Wilde

My Character List

Story-Silver Skies and Broken Lines

...inscrutable look...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 am GMT 

Location: I've gone to find myself. If you see me before I get back, tell me to stay where I am.
Custom Title: ...inscrutable look...
I thought Sweet alreadt was that char...

I can has [random] blog!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 89  Next