THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:54 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 89  Next

My cat makes this face.
 Post subject: Re: Dumb Questions
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:14 am GMT 

Custom Title: My cat makes this face.
About the whole butterfly and Freckle thing...To be honest I am really impressed with the symbolism and really wish i had made the connection myself, but I merely thought Freckle was afraid of butterflies because in his childhood Rocky smooshed one on his head, which terrified poor Freckle. Rightfully so, too. That bug got seriously oogy o^o

Any-who, I do have a question to ask.
I've looked through this whole website to answer it myself, but I have come up empty handed. So I must ask....
What ever happened to Frothy? :<

Prowling about...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:26 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Prowling about...
Murder_Pie wrote:
Has Rocky ever killed anyone?

She got this question on her formspring account, and answered thusly:

Q: Has Rocky ever killed someone? It seems like something he'd be incapable of doing, not morally, but b/c he's such a bad shot. I can only imagine it would occur if he means to shoot his own foot and the bullet winds up in someone else by mistake.

A: Your estimation of his talent for murder is fairly accurate. Incidental carnage is always a possibility, and though he might provoke Freckle into it, it's a fair bet that he doesn't have the stomach or the motor skills required to kill someone directly and deliberately.

My cat makes this face.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:59 pm GMT 

I have a few more questions.

1.) Will you, Miss Tracy, be attending any 2011 cons? I'd love to meet you in real life (I'm not a stalker, I promise...maybe)

2.) How many volumes of Lackadaisy will there be? Or can you give us a hint how far into the storyline we are with the current comic update?

That's all the questions I have for now. However, I would like to mention that I feel very lonely in the forums. I wish I had discovered this comic earlier so I could have rant and rave with every one else when the place seemed to be a bit more active ;-;

EDIT:
ohhh heyyy. looket that. Docky (the human, not the cute, soppy kitty) has already asked my question number "2" before i could get to it. sooo, ignore that one, yes? thanks : )

Last edited by Ramen on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:09 pm GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:55 pm GMT 

Two more dumb questions that may or may not have already been answered!

1.) Where exactly is Zib from? You've said before that he comes from a Polish-American background, but I don't remember if you've ever mentioned where he was born or grew up.

2.) Where does Ivy go to college/university?

My cat makes this face.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:54 pm GMT 

Murder_Pie wrote:
Two more dumb questions that may or may not have already been answered!

1.) Where exactly is Zib from? You've said before that he comes from a Polish-American background, but I don't remember if you've ever mentioned where he was born or grew up.

I can attempt to answer question two for you.
In page "Academia" Tracy says she referenced St. Louis University's DuBourg Hall for the building in the back ground. So, from that I'm deducing that Ivy attends Saint Louis University. But I can't be 100% positive about that, because I'm not Tracy herself ^-^
Hopefully I helped some, though?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:54 am GMT 

That's what I thought, but I wasn't completely sure. Unless she attends a made-up university that is just based off of SLU.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:58 am GMT 

But I think I've just proved that I'm stupid and unresourceful. And blind.

I just re-looked at the bottom of Academia, and it does say that. I had an inkling it said that, but when I looked the other day, I must have been so focused on my search for an answer that I completely missed it. Such is my life.

My cat makes this face.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:42 pm GMT 

i have a feeling the college is not something Tracy made up. she tends to stick with realistic places, but now that you mention it, it does make me wonder >.>
don't be so hard on yourself, murder_pie.
it happens to all of us.
besides, this is the place to ask so-called "dumb" questions anyways.
(oh, and your username makes me smile btw) ^-^;

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:55 pm GMT 

I have a dumb question. In 'Lackadaisy Doublet', Mitzi tells Wick that he's 'Not quite a Barrymore, but still handsome'. Who is she talking about, a Barrymore? Just curious.

"When you can use your large intestine as a belt loop, that's when you hit the pros." - BDB (J.R. Ward)

:D

My cat makes this face.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:18 pm GMT 

I believe Miss Tracy has respond to this question before, and her answer was "John Barrymore" ;)

Boss Lady
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:23 am GMT 
Administrator

Custom Title: Boss Lady
Okay. Another collection of responses, partially illustrated this time for some reason. I guess because some things are difficult to put into words alone...and because I didn’t feel like filling out the rest of my tax return, so I did this instead.

Quote:
Everybody else: HEY YOU GUYS Because I'm a weirdo and I like catagorizing things, I started copy/pasting a ton of information in this thread and organizing it into a easily searched encyopedia-style document and it's gotten to the point that I'd like to post it so maybe we can retire this monster thread that I started oh god. Where do y'all think I should post it? Start a new thread? Start a new sticky thread? Start a wiki (in which case I'd need help)? I thought about the FAQ thread, but I don't want to flood it with what is a veritable TON of tl;dr. Thoughts?

I believe Hecate is planning to start organizing a wiki (both for the comic and the RP) if you want to consult her about that.
Thanks very much for going out of your way to organize this, by the way. That’s definitely way above and beyond the call. =)

Quote:
Viktor seems to have a way of dealing with whatever problem is before him: find it, disable it, and then forget about it, discard it, but not completely destroy or throw it away. I'm wondering if the pushed-down frames are of memories that he does not want to look at every day but still doesn't want to completely forget about. Viktor doesn't seem like the avoidance type; he isn't the kind of guy who would go around an obstacle, he'd either make it move or plow on through. That's why the frames are so intriguing; they're both something from Viktor's past that we don't know about (and he seems to not want to know about it either) and is way of dealing with them is so different from his usual way that one really must wonder what is looking back from under the frames.

That’s perceptive. He treats his photos (and relationship to the past) roughly the opposite way Mitzi does.

Quote:
I would very, very much love to see the sketch. Hopefully I'll be able to get into a decent clothing/fashion course during college and be able to do at least a decent make of it.
Quote:
AND OMG I wasn't the one who asked but I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the front of Serafine's dress!!! I had planned on making it but just making up something for the front but I'd love to see how you do it *___* There's an annual gala of sorts for AIDS awareness in Dallas that's 20s themed and I wanted to have a snazzy dress for that, and Serafine's dress from that illustration is totally my style. I really look forward to seeing it if you sketch it out!!

It’s not all that different from the back, really.

------------
Quote:
1. You said that Viktor’s voice sounds bisque and low…does Jumba, from Lilo and Stitch, sound more like him, or does Sean Connery? (if Sean Connery voices Jumba, forgive me and my under-informed mind. -_-) If not either of them (Jumba or Sean), then who?

I apologize, Emery’s Girl, for taking so long to answer these for you. I know you sent them to me quite a while ago.

Anyway, Jumba’s not far off I suppose, although his voice is much more animated (no pun intended) than I imagine Viktor’s to be. I guess he sounds something like Chaim Topol in my head...only without any of the singing...or mirth. And with a different accent. So, okay, not very much like Topol.

Quote:
2. ok….I’ve been trying to figure out what color Viktor’s eye’s were/would be, in his human form (Preview 0013). I know, that if you’re dark eyed (brown, hazel, dark green, etc.), in a B&W (or Sepia toned) picture, your irises and pupil, would almost look like one big pupil, instead of two separate part..my point being, in Viktor’s human portrait, I can tell he has light colored eye’s (unless you didn’t really work on the eye color part, and more on his facial structure)….ok…What color are his eye’s, in his human form? …Considering I know, a normal human wouldn’t have THAT green of eye’s (in his Tux, in Preview 0014). ((sorry for the rambling…))

His eyes (well, eye) would be a hazel-green color - obviously, as you pointed out, something more natural in tone than he has as a cartoon cat.

Quote:
3. Ok, you also said he has family…in the US, in his home country? Who are those family member’s? Sisters, brothers, nephews, uncles, mother? What were/are their names? What were/are their personalities like (angry, depressed, bitter, happy, calm/peaceful, a combo)? And what do they look like? Mother for ex; Probably 5’5’’, slight curvy but muscular, with dark brown, past-shoulder length hair, blue eye’s, Calico fur, ?? years of age. Father; 6’ 7’’, firm, muscular build (much like Viktor), hazel eye’s, brown fur with light brown underbelly/paws/tip-of-tail, ?? years of age. Same for any bro’s and sis’s.

There's a mix of personalities in his family, but I'd say they're dour at work and passionate at play. Collectively, they a tall, broad-shouldered, hearty, ruddy-haired stubborn pack of mules. They’re prideful of their self-reliance, and most of them have a sort of domineering physical presence by virtue of size that lends them a natural confidence or even a sense of arrogance. As a result, I suspect none of them take it very well when they let themselves down or require any sort of help in the course of their lives.
A couple of older brothers who already had families of their own remained in his homeland. Viktor, his lady love, and his other siblings immigrated to the States with an aunt and uncle and some cousins. Many of them went separate ways by necessity - they simply had to diverge from each other to find work. He gradually lost touch with some of them over the course of time, especially after the Great War. His particular career path and not-so-sunny disposition would have done a good deal to alienate the remaining family members he was still in contact with following the war.

Quote:
4. um….i don’t know whether do mention this, or not…..I’ve been seeing some art (on DA), that…kinda depicts, Viktor and Mordecai…to be….well…more than just partners…if you catch my drift…o.o ….Point being…..*sighs, not wanting to disrespect Viktor (cause I really do respect him,...seriously)..nor Mordecai*….they are both straight, right? <:|

No disrespect taken.
Viktor probably couldn’t be any straighter.
Mordecai is...Mordecai. Whether it's simply his natural state of being or it's self-imposed, his ‘present’ existence is asexual.

Quote:
5. And, seriously…Does Viktor truly not have (romantic or any other) feelings, for Ivy, than just friends (or whatever kind of relationship they have o.o…i’ve never really figured it out. >.>) And……ya know….i have a feeling you’re going to explain this one, in the comic, itself…..so, I guess forget about the main purpose, of this question and focus on the wee bitty one. LOl What kind/type of relationship DO

I suspect Ivy may have had a little girl's crush on him at some point, but they’ve ended up being a pair of unlikely friends. Seemingly, though, as Ivy's penchant for adolescent romantic flings grows, so grow Viktor's misplaced paternalistic tendencies, putting a strain on whatever harmony might naturally exist between a large, difficult, angry man and a sunshiny, flighty, self-absorbed girl.

Quote:
Pig farmers...
1. What would their signs be? (Aries, Capricorn, Leo, etc.) ((Course, you’d have to know their birth
dates)) … (((if you have a day and month, that helps Greatly. or just the season they were born, but prefer the day and month (if you can) )))

I don’t imagine they were the types to keep close track of birthdays, but...
Avril - around September 18th
Avery - about October 1st
Emery - around May 5th
Not sure what zodiac signs those work out to be. I guess it depends on whether you’re using a traditional or an updated astral chart. =P

Quote:
2. You said the way their mother would look, is more like Avril and Emery (stocky build), and their father like Avery (sort of thinly). What color(s) would they have been? Their mother; a gray tabby, 5’4’’, short bob-like blond hair, scares, etc. Their father; black and white blotched, 6’1’’, different colored eye’s (one yellow, the other gold), scars,etc.

I picture her having soft gray coloration, similar to Emery, but a little fairer, and having a similarly stocky build, with hair coloration somewhere between sandy and light brown. She probably wouldn’t have been very much in tune with the generation of women eager to bob their hair as was the style in the 1920's. She’d have kept it longer, and mostly tied up in a braided bun for practical purposes. It probably hung around her shoulders, graying and unkempt later in life.

Quote:
3. What would their Parents personalities be like? Like Avril’s, angry/cranky, or like Emery’s, kinda “lost on what’s going on” or a combo, or not even close?

Well, I imagine their father was a hard worker but also a control freak, rather like Avril - suspicious of those outside the family circle and defensive of their way of life to such an extent that it frequently transforms into outward aggression. Their mother would have likewise had a very definitely ideology about how things should be done and how one should live one’s life, but would have been of a more retiring nature than her husband overall. I imagine her becoming a little disoriented by the world in her middle-age and preferring to remain reclusively indoors where Emery probably received an inordinate amount of doting as the youngest of the three, even into young adulthood. She probably ultimately became a bit of a burden, but I think it's a safe bet she was the emotional center of the family - the boys seem to have had a lasting affection for her, even if they were an argumentative bunch.

Quote:
4. What was Avril like, before their father died (that what made him angry/cranky, by having to grow up fast and fill his shoes) and how did it effect Avery and Emery? How did they find their mother and father (in death) or did they Not find them and someone else did and told them, or what? And how did it happen (their parents deaths) ?

It wasn't so easy to determine exact causes of natural death back then - autopsies and extensive lab work were not quite so routine compared with modern protocols, and it was still pretty custom (especially in rural environments) to hold funerals in the home and even bury family members on family property.
Honestly, I didn’t go so far as to develop extensively detailed life stories for the pig farmers’ parents, but given their lifestyles, it wouldn’t be a stretch to attribute their father's cause of death to years of alcoholism - possibly even bringing about something abrupt and bloody like esophageal bleeding. They probably would have found that he had keeled over in the midst of a hard day of work. Their mother possibly died of some sort of consumption, which could mean tuberculosis, pneumonia, complications from emphysema, lung cancer, congestive heart failure, or some combination of those things. No doctor would have put much effort into figuring out precisely what happened, but I imagine she experienced a progressive decline in health and mental faculties over the course of a few years.

Quote:
5. Is poor Benjy still alive (doubt it, but still)? If no longer alive, did Viktor kill him by strangulation/choking (considering the second-to-last time we see him, Viktor has his hand, around his throat) or…what?

Benjy is still alive in the hearts and fond memories of his friends.
No, wait, they're dead too. =P
It can be assumed Viktor either crushed his windpipe or simply held it closed long enough to end him.

-------------------------

Quote:
I saw once before that you had posted the individual characters' handwritings, but since then they've been taken down. Do you still have access to these or are they unattainable? I'd like to see them, if you can get them. That would be really lovely.

Examples of their handwriting appeared on their early character sheets that appear as the first few images the ‘Early Concept Art’ section of the gallery: http://lackadaisy.foxprints.com/gallery.php
To a lesser degree, you can see their names written in their handwriting on their character cards on the character page (though that will hopefully be replaced soon): http://lackadaisy.foxprints.com/characters.php

Quote:
Oh dearest Boss Lady lady, I know I'll feel terrible if I get answers to these but, the way things are going now, how many more years do you think you'll be doing Lackadaisy? ( I feel nauseous thinking about it ending D:) But of course, this doesn't include the spin-off Viktor and Mordecai comic, obviously... that's not something that would ever end. And for the next question, how many volumes (if they were all about the size of volume one) do you expect there to be? Oh and one more, those new important/main-ish characters that you mentioned, will any of them get their own character pages?

I’m not sure how many years exactly, but I expect to be doing it for a long time yet. I’m only about halfway through Volume 2, and I’ve been planning for four volumes in total (or possibly an extra-long third volume) to finish the story out.
I’m debating whether or not to include one of the yet-to-be-introduced characters in the updated character page. I held off including Zib and Asa because they were to be later introductions within Volume 1 and I didn’t want to give everything away all at once, but I ended up regretting it. By the time I did introduce them, I was unhappy enough with the existing character page that I didn’t want to pile more art into it, so I started thinking about replacing it. Meanwhile, it ended up looking like they weren’t very important characters because they didn’t appear on the character page. That approach didn’t work out particularly well, so...we’ll see.

Quote:
hi awesome boss lady, i was wondering if you had any clue when the lackadaisy pins (the club-shaped ones) would be back in stock (in the store).

My publisher has been saying March. I’m not sure how accurate that is, but I will prod them for some additional information. As soon as they’re back, I’ll be sure to mention it on the front page of the site and on twitter.

Quote:
Well, after seeing it mentioned that Zib's design was somewhat based on a caracal, I looked up that particular cat on Google images, and holy crap! Hi Zib. XD;; I don't know why, but that particular fact just delights me.
So, I wondered if the other characters are based on a particular breed of cat? (To be honest, I've never had a cat in my life: I've always had dogs for pets. So, I don't know many cat breeds or if they're really the same general thing as dog breeds anyway.)
On that same note, is Wick by any chance supposed to look a little like a ragdoll cat? Because that's the only cat I really know outside of the usual easily recognizable ones and I may have to love him even more if so.

None of them are intended to represent breeds or species of cat in a strictly specific way. Visually, they’re just a bunch of moggies in my mind (or roughly the equivalent of a mix-breed or mutt) with all the various coat colorations and patterns that entails, from tabby to tuxedo. A lot of them borrow some specific features from real cat breeds and species, though. There’s a bit of lynx in Viktor’s design and some lion in Asa’s. Mitiz’s tail is like that of a Persian or Angora. Wick’s markings are modeled after Siamese points (sort of like my Siamese-mix pal Sebastian here, who’s sporting some white gloves and spats to match).

Quote:
In short, Nina and Calvin look to be doing pretty well for themselves (comfortably middle class, at worst) but have no apparent source of income. Either they've got a wealthy relative, Mr. McMurray left some money behind in one way or another, or Nina is secretly a loan shark. Or something.
So. How are they supporting themselves?

It hasn’t come up directly in the comic, but they stretch out a small pension the deceased Mr. McMurray left behind to the best of their ability, and Nina has held a variety of part-time jobs since his death. Presently, she works at home as a sort of neighborhood seamstress to make their ends meet. They’ve managed to hang onto the house the family purchased at a time when they were somewhat more financially comfortable, and Nina keeps the place respectable and prim, but that’s about the only luxury they enjoy. They do have a car, but as Ivy put it, it’s a puttery old flivver.
They’re definitely not destitute, but they’re hovering roughly in the area of lower-middle class.

Quote:
How do each of the characters feel about their fangirls?
...specifically rocky.

I told him there just might be people out there who like him - girl people. He did this for several hours:

Quote:
i remember reading somewhere (probably in the FAQ) that you use a moldable eraser. so far all of the moldable erasers i've found are really poor quality, which kind/brand do you use specifically?

I honestly have no idea what brand my eraser was. The packaging it came in is long gone, and it’s full of cat fur and crumbly bits now. A quick google search reveals it’s probably the Sanford ‘Design’ brand. The wrapper on those looks familiar. Sorry that’s not more helpful.

Quote:
Oh dearest Tracy, what is the recipe for murder pie?

I’m not entirely sure, but I’m told the secret ingredients are chocolate and murder sauce.

Quote:
... And is it also the traditional pie to say, "I'm sorry for that hole in your chest"?

Um. I don’t know...that’s probably something more conventional like blueberry.

Quote:
Concerning Zib's band, do they have a certain style? Can they be comparable to a certain band in that era, such as Duke Ellington's band or Count Basie's band?

I’m not sure there’s one band/composer I could put a finger on and say ‘they sound exactly like that’, but things like Fuller’s Jazz Band/ Original Dixieland Jazz Band (some white guys who basically stole jazz), early Louis Armstrong, King Oliver with a mix of Jelly Roll Morton wouldn’t be too far off.
I imagine them having had an interesting sound of their own resulting from some dixieland and barrelhouse influence acquired while traveling around the South and playing in any old dive that would have them, then eventually settling into playing popular arrangements of the day in St. Louis to keep an audience as consistently pleased as possible.

Quote:
Has Rocky ever killed anyone?

Looks like Black_Cat93 beat me to the punch on covering this one with a Formspring question I answered.

Quote:
Do any of the characters like pea soup?

Ridiculous. Nobody likes pea soup. Well...maybe Nina likes it on principle.

Quote:
What do Viktor and Ivy think of the Viktor/Ivy shippers??

Quote:
Does Calvin/Freckle have a preference on what he’s called? When Rocky introduces him to Ivy, he calls himself Calvin. But Mitzi introduces him as Freckle when he and Rocky take her to Wick's. I don't remember any other instances where this happens. Or does he not really care either way?

When he’s in Rocky’s company, I doubt it matters very much to him that he’s addressed as Freckle, but when others are about, he’s a little self-conscious about it. It sounds rather silly and demeaning, after all, even if Rocky doesn’t mean it that way.
Anyway, Calvin might be willing to contradict Rocky upon being introduced to others as Freckle, but he’d be much too shy to correct Mitzi on the matter.

Quote:
What do Viktor and Mordecai think of their shippers?

The very premise of this question caused Viktor to die laughing. Then Mordecai short-circuited. Well played.

Quote:
Is there a reason for Rocky having a sort of disdain for alcohol? Or is it just that he tried it once and it completely backfired on him?

Well, he seems under the impression it goes a long way to bringing out the ornery unpleasantness in people (perhaps even more effectively than he can do so himself).

Quote:
Is Rocky a fan of the Lewis Carroll poem “Jabberwocky?” It seems like the kind of cacophonic nonsense he’d like. But he probably likes a lot of things, nonsensical or not.

I’m sure he’d appreciate the jest and wordplay in any number of Carroll’s poems, and moreover, the fact that many were written in playful mockery of recitations children were traditionally made to perform.

Quote:
Does Aunt Nina know about Calvin’s crazy dance?

She hasn’t been witness to the worst of it, but she’s certainly aware there’s something more than a little frustrated and volatile beneath his normally unassuming exterior. She actually curtailed a minor outburst shortly before he went off and had a much more dramatic outburst at the speakeasy.

Quote:
Will we find out why Serafine and Nico weren’t raised by their parents in the comic? Or is it just one of those insignificant details that isn’t too important to the story?

It’s not terribly significant. It’s just one of the ways in which they had a fairly unusual upbringing...and it gives Serafine plenty of room to embellish the truth.

Quote:
In Lackadaisy Malarkey, Mitzi says to Zib, "Just what is the matter with you tonight? You need to get your yen off."
My google-fu must be weak, because I can't find a definition of this phrase anywhere, and I really feel like I'm missing something without understanding it!

I can see how googling the term would be difficult. Searching “yen” probably turns up a slew of articles about currency, but it has less common meanings as well, and Mitzi’s use of it is a pretty out-dated one at that.
The term can be used to describe a craving of any sort (to “have a yen for” something), but at one time it more specifically referred to a craving for opium. (In the 20’s and 30’s, the word ‘yen’ itself could even be taken to mean opium.) Getting one’s “yen off” was subsequently a slang phrase for using narcotics again to alleviate withdrawal symptoms. In context, Mitzi is using the phrase to scornfully dismiss Zib’s seemingly irritable behavior.

Quote:
About the whole butterfly and Freckle thing...To be honest I am really impressed with the symbolism and really wish i had made the connection myself, but I merely thought Freckle was afraid of butterflies because in his childhood Rocky smooshed one on his head, which terrified poor Freckle. Rightfully so, too. That bug got seriously oogy o^o

Well, superficially that’s why, but in fiction, I suppose there’s almost always some subtext. =)

Quote:
Any-who, I do have a question to ask.
I've looked through this whole website to answer it myself, but I have come up empty handed. So I must ask....
What ever happened to Frothy? :<

Well, since he missed the train, he was deposited instead in the river, floated downstream and had many uniquely American, morally challenging, revelatory adventures. It was grand...right up until he was pulped by a riverboat paddle wheel.

Quote:
1.) Will you, Miss Tracy, be attending any 2011 cons? I'd love to meet you in real life (I'm not a stalker, I promise...maybe)

I’m sitting this year out, unfortunately. I deeply appreciate meeting people who are familiar with the comic, but the down side is that conventions are a huge money and time sink. I can’t keep wasting the funds it requires to travel and stay in a hotel, and I need all the weekend time I can muster to work on this comic.
The only possible exception is that I may be at Wondercon for one day because my publisher is holding a web comics panel and requested my presence. I believe it’s on Friday of the convention weekend in the first week of April.

Quote:
2.) How many volumes of Lackadaisy will there be? Or can you give us a hint how far into the storyline we are with the current comic update?

It will be either four volumes, or three (with an extra-long third volume). The latter option is looking more realistic at this point, as I’d like to finish the story before the sun swells into a red giant and envelopes and obliterates our barren, scorched Earth.

Quote:

Milwaukee

Quote:

SLU, although I’ve avoided mentioning it by name directly in the comic.

Quote:
I have a dumb question. In 'Lackadaisy Doublet', Mitzi tells Wick that he's 'Not quite a Barrymore, but still handsome'. Who is she talking about, a Barrymore? Just curious.

ImageJohn Barrymore

Prowling about...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:23 am GMT 

Custom Title: Prowling about...
Oh man, I love Mordecai's face in the third panel :lol:
Also, d'aww, the last panel of the Viktor-Ivy comic is just precious.

My cat makes this face.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:27 pm GMT 

*OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM*

Thank you so much for the yummy feed back! (Especially the bonus mini-comics and adorable Rocky gif) woo!
My Lackadaisy monster is currently satisfied.

oh, and i'm quite pleased that Frothy had one more adventure before his death.... even though he was probably deranged and didn't know what was going on.
Still, it's comforting.

I understand about the con thing. I suppose it'd be best for you to focus on your work instead ^-^;
(however, it would be totally badass if you attend Dragon Con one year. I think it's not too terribly far from where you live?)

Anyways, love your work and can't wait for more Lackadaisy!!!!!!

European! Old! Pretentious!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:41 pm GMT 

Custom Title: European! Old! Pretentious!
Oh my GODS, this is so hilarious, informative and just all round excellent! Thank you so much Tracy for taking the time to answer and to illustrate this stuff so hilariously!

I completely laughed out loud at several points- the dog turd eraser, the Rocky gif and Mordecai's mental short circuiting!

The Elusive
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm GMT 

Custom Title: The Elusive
...you are fantastic, Tracy. Please don't ever stop.

Quote:
Lackadaisy RPer's are fittingly like cats- it's next to impossible to get many of us rounded up, never mind to collaborate.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 89  Next