THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:11 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 89  Next

Actors; The opposite of people
 Post subject: Re: Dumb Questions
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:48 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Actors; The opposite of people
firefly wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Do you expect any of the main characters to die? Any characters to die?

Quote:
Yes.

Your reaction gave me a mini fangasm. No lie. xD
I'll properly react to these goings on whhen I have a real keyboard. In the mean time:
OH MAH GAWSH

Co-founder of the "George Clooney IS hot, but nobody believes us" club. >:I
The GCIHBNBUC WANTS YOU.

The Next Doctor.
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:58 am GMT 

Custom Title: The Next Doctor.
Why do I get the feeling that one of the main characters thats might die as Tracy said...is one that I like alot D: Like wick....or Nico....(could care less about Serafine though .__. sorry Serafine's Girl....

Boss Lady
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:20 pm GMT 
Administrator

Custom Title: Boss Lady
Quote:
Minor question: Will we ever find out how Rocky managed to land his current job? Because 'WANTED: Jazz violinist for illegal speakeasy. Hours irregular, wages negotiable. Continued safety doubtful' isn't something one normally sees posted in the paper.... Well, I'm sure it was in some suitably bizarre way.

Yes, and it was what you could call a suitably bizarre encounter with Mitzi that got him his job.

Quote:
I get a bit of a misogynistic vibe from Mordecai. Is that true or is my feminist brain just overreacting? Is it just that Mordy doesn't like anyone?

I don't think he's more acutely misogynistic than the rest of society. By that I mean he doesn't devalue or dislike women to a greater degree than he devalues and dislikes everyone else - he's pretty egalitarian about his lack of regard, really. :P However, in conjunction with the popular mentality of the era, the notion that lady-brains are silly, fragile, irrational things has probably been somewhat ingrained in him.
He certainly doesn't address Mitzi with the same respect he affords Asa even though she's in a roughly similar position of authority. Whether that's simply a matter of long term familiarity, because he takes issue with Mitzi specifically, or because he doesn't acknowledge her hierarchical station on the basis of her gender is debatable.

Really, though, it's interesting that you asked about Mordecai, because I don't think he's shown himself to possess the sort of chauvinistic streak some of the other characters have been parading about. Viktor has pulled some pretty paternalistic stunts, for instance, and has displayed the more blatant disregard for Mitzi's authority. She only assures his cooperation by utilizing Ivy, and that's really just a roundabout way of manipulating his chauvinism into a useful device rather than a hindrance. Ivy sort of paid it forward and played the same card on Wick.
(And thus, all of the characters make an art of being horrible ;P)

Quote:
Second question: Where does Rocky live? I have a theory that he spends his nights hanging upside down like a bat in the Lackadaisy caves but... yeah.

Well, the cafe is where the pancakes are, Nina's house is the repository for his laundry, and Lackadaisy seems to be what he considers the closest thing to home.
Anyway, more about his living arrangements will be addressed by the comic. =)

Quote:
Will there ever be a scene involving a character, a sniper rifle, and whiskey?

Hehe. Well, rifles will be used in pursuit of whiskey, yes.
...or are you asking if someone will go sniping while intoxicated? There must be a Surgeon General warning about that written down somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:51 am GMT 

Who will be the first Lackadaisy crew will meet the savoys? or will they meet separately by accident? Like Serafine or Nico, Probably rocky will meet them first.
Rocky and Freckle will meet Serafine, than nico.
But your good at keep the answer mysterous!!
I bow to your pure Awesomeness! :)

-- H.P. Lovecraft

Devil's Advocate
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:21 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Devil's Advocate
Tracy wrote:
I don't think he's more acutely misogynistic than the rest of society. By that I mean he doesn't devalue or dislike women to a greater degree than he devalues and dislikes everyone else - he's pretty egalitarian about his lack of regard, really. :P However, in conjunction with the popular mentality of the era, the notion that lady-brains are silly, fragile, irrational things has probably been somewhat ingrained him.
He certainly doesn't address Mitzi with the same respect he affords Asa even though she's in a roughly similar position of authority. Whether that's simply a matter of long term familiarity, because he takes issue with Mitzi specifically, or because he doesn't acknowledge her hierarchical station on the basis of her gender is debatable.

Really, though, it's interesting that you asked about Mordecai, because I don't think he's shown himself to possess the sort of chauvinistic streak some of the other characters have been parading about. Viktor has pulled some pretty paternalistic stunts, for instance, and has displayed the more blatant disregard for Mitzi's authority. She only assures his cooperation by utilizing Ivy, and that's really just a roundabout way of manipulating his chauvinism into a useful device rather than a hindrance. Ivy sort of paid it forward and played the same card on Wick.
(And thus, all of the characters make an art of being horrible ;P)

OH ambivalent sexism. I could go on for days about it. I think what I meant was does a dislike for women contribute to Mordy's dislike of Mitzi, but your answer sufficiently explains it. It plays a small role, yes, but it's not the main factor. Thanks so much for answering my question, Lady Tracy!

Wannabe Artist
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:45 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Wannabe Artist
I've come to the conclusion that you have superhuman patience in your art. Either that or I am lazy (no mentions of cyborg-alienism here, you see?). Do you mind sparing a cup while I work on this illustration?

Anyway, a slightly more serious question, I suppose.

How old was Rocky when he started learning/playing Violin? Out of curiosity among other things.

I find scones much more amusing now than I did before... *fistshake at Graid, zombies, jam, and wasps*

My characterssss

ARTSY FARTSY

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:58 pm GMT 

Hooray, sniper rifles!! Thanks for answering my question, Mademoiselle Tracy!!

Other question: You asked whether I meant that there will be rifles in pursuit of whiskey or if there would be sniping with drunk people, if you felt like it, could you give us a pic of Mordecai drunk off whiskey off trying to shoot squirrels with a 30-06 Sniper Rifle?? PLEASE?!!

Actors; The opposite of people
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:40 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Actors; The opposite of people
SleepyCat wrote:

Other question: You asked whether I meant that there will be rifles in pursuit of whiskey or if there would be sniping with drunk people, if you felt like it, could you give us a pic of Mordecai drunk off whiskey off trying to shoot squirrels with a 30-06 Sniper Rifle?? PLEASE?!!

XD That seems like one for Crispy Gypsy.

Co-founder of the "George Clooney IS hot, but nobody believes us" club. >:I
The GCIHBNBUC WANTS YOU.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 pm GMT 

Oh well, either way, it'll be immensely entertaining!!

...inscrutable look...
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:25 am GMT 

Location: I've gone to find myself. If you see me before I get back, tell me to stay where I am.
Custom Title: ...inscrutable look...
:agrees entirely!: :mrgreen:

I can has [random] blog!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:24 am GMT 

Location: Avatar from http://www.transformice.com/paroles-de-dev-4/index.php
Black_Cat93 wrote:

That picture is gorgeous Tracy- the lightning, their serene poses, Mitzi's glossy, soft-looking hair- beautiful :)

Hehe, thanks a bunch for taking the time to answer all our questions

I'd just like to repost that picture once more. I think it deserves it.

Wannabe Artist
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:25 pm GMT 

Serafine's Girl wrote:
SleepyCat wrote:

XD That seems like one for Crispy Gypsy.

What am I to you people, a clown? Am I funny like a clown to you people, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you? >:C

XD WELL, JOE PESCI ASIDE, WHO KNOWS MAYBE ONE OF THESE DAYS. I'll be the one you go to when you can't get the real stuff. I cut my cocaine with baking soda. Or um... my art with... inexperience. SOMETHING.

I find scones much more amusing now than I did before... *fistshake at Graid, zombies, jam, and wasps*

My characterssss

ARTSY FARTSY

...inscrutable look...
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:49 pm GMT 

Location: I've gone to find myself. If you see me before I get back, tell me to stay where I am.
Custom Title: ...inscrutable look...
You're just jealous b/c someone else thought of it first, lol. :P

I can has [random] blog!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:52 pm GMT 

Off to bad attempt at fan-art!! WOO!!

Wannabe Artist
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:56 pm GMT 

*throws a rabid joe pesci at Dass's head*

That'll learn ya to say fings like dat.

My characterssss

ARTSY FARTSY

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 89  Next