THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:38 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

The crazy one
 Post subject: Drabbles galore
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:00 am GMT 

Custom Title: The crazy one
Just random drabbles. Hopefully someone will like them :lol: Feedback is always welcome! ;)

Ipod shuffle Challenge:

1. Pick a character, pairing, or fandom you like.

2. Turn on your music player and put it on random/shuffle.

3. Write a drabble related to each song that plays. You only have the time frame of the song to finish the drabble; you start when the song starts, and stop when it's over. No lingering afterwards!

4. Do ten of these, then post them.

--@@--

1. Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake

"The hell you find this, kid?" Zib asked, looking at the man in front of him as if he grew another head. Rocky just shrugged. "Heard it somewhere and thought you might like it." Zib shook his head in disgust. "It's stupid, and why would you even think I would like this?" He moved to turn it off, but Rocky stopped him. "Hey! Just 'cause you hate it doesn't mean others do." Zib sighed exasperated. "You would like this." Zib went back to tending to his saxophone. "Kids these days…"

2. Wagon Wheel- Old Crow Medicine Show

Kicked out of another job, again. Rocky sighed as he sat on the train that was rolling it's way to the Midwest. He wasn't sure where, but he hoped to whatever God there was that it was heading to good 'ole Saint Louis. He hadn't seen Freckle in ages, and hell, he might even get a job there. Rocky picked his violin with his claws as the wind whipped his fur around. Maybe he could get a job in a band. He was pretty good now, fiddle and violin alike. His mom used to play violin before she died, and now Rocky could see why she liked it so much. It was a fun instrument.

3. Seven Bridges Road- Eagles

"There are stars in the southern sky. Southward as you go. There is moonlight and moss in the trees. Down the seven bridges road." Freckle looked over at Rocky with a curious look in his eye. "What are you talking about?" Rocky shrugged. "Dunno. It sounds pretty neat, doesn't it though?" Rocky and his cousin Freckle were lying on the grass in Freckle's backyard. Rocky had insisted that they had to watch the stars at one point. "You know, when I was smaller then you my parents told me about these things called constellations and-" Rocky was cut off by his cousin. "I know Rocky, mom told me the same thing." Rocky just laughed, "But did she tell you that all the constellations were real once?"

4. L-O-V-E – Nat King Cole

"May I have you in this dance?" Mitzi May looked up from her drink to see her young bootlegger. "Sorry sweetie, I'm not the type to dance." Rocky almost looked hurt, but that was hard to do with how energetic he was. "Now that can't be true, Miss. M. I'm sure you can at least spare one dance." Before Mitzi could speak, Rocky had pulled her out of her chair and into the dance floor.

5. Accidentally in Love- Counting Crows

Rocky sighed as he stared out into the grand Mississippi River. His mind was wandering to his new job that he managed to get in his home town, St. Louis. His job was to be the bootlegger of a local café slash bar slash whatever you want to call it. Owned by Atlas and his wife Mitzi May. The beautiful Mitzi May. The most beautiful cat he has laid eyes on. "Oh hell!" Rocky shook his head to get his thoughts straightened. Like he would ever be able to get the taken, beautiful, sweet, kind, and generous Mitzi May.

6. If You're Gone- Matchbox 20

Ivy stormed out of Viktor's apartment in anger. "Don't think I'll come back! Because I won't!" She yelled at Viktor's closed window before stomping down the sidewalk in anger. Viktor rolled his eye in frustration. Ivy was a nice girl, but sometimes she could be too much for even him. He laid back in his chair, closing his eye to get some needed sleep. Viktor thought that Ivy was just being mad when she said she wasn't going to come back, but true to her word she didn't come around for weeks. The only time he saw her was at the café, and even then she didn't talk to him.

7. Just Around the Riverbend- Pocahontas

Freckle giggled happily as he splashed Rocky with water. They were both in the creek near his house. Suddenly, Rocky grabbed Freckle and threw him into the water, making sure not to actually hurt him. Freckle yelled in surprise, but wasn't to surprised. They looked at each other and laughed. As they were drying off, Rocky looked over at his baby cousin. "Hey Freckle? Whadda you wanna be when you grow up?" Freckle shrugged. "Something really neat! Like… Like a police person!" Rocky made a face. "That sounds stupid." Freckle made a face at his older cousin. "What do you wanna be then?" Rocky's face split into a grin. "I wanna be someone that goes into the air! Or even into the stars! Wouldn't that just be exciting?" Freckle thought about it. "Into the stars… You mean right next to it?" Rocky nodded.

8. Things I'll Never Say- Avril Lavigne

Rocky tugged at his sleeve of his jacket. His good jacket. The one he made Aunt Nina iron and god knows what else. He only had one shot at this and this was something he didn't want to mess up. Of course, she probably doesn't even think of him like that. Rocky sighed as he walked into the café, glancing around before sitting on the stool. "Hey Rocky! What're you doing here at a time like this?" Rocky smiled, almost nervously, at Ivy. It was much earlier then when Rocky even gets up. "Waiting for Miss. M of course! I have another job." Ivy glanced behind her before giggling slightly. "Well wait no further, because she's here." Rocky's heart starting to hammer in his chest. Mitzi May walked past Ivy, giving her a smile, before sitting next to Rocky. "You didn't need to get so dressed up sweetie. It's just a visit with Kehoe." Rocky shrugged, hoping that she didn't notice his embarrassment or nervousness. "A-always have to look good, right?" Before Mitzi could say anything, Rocky was talking a mile a minuet. "I-I was wonder, you know if you don't mind and such, but I was wondering if you want t-to, you know, g-go somewhere or something." If anyone had heard Rocky, they wouldn't have believed he was taking a breath.

9. Closing Time- Semisonic

Mitzi turned the sign over on her café, so that the sign read closed to anyone who passed. She sighed as she leaned on the counter, not sure what to do now. Should she go downstairs and count up the bottles or just call it a day. Her mind wandered to her employees and friends. Rocky, the poor dear, was having a hard time with this job. Not that he wasn't skilled at it, quite the contrary, but he was just not used to fighting like Mordecai and Viktor had been used to. Her eyes went to the handbag that Ivy left behind on accident. She'll find it when she comes back tomorrow. Ivy only worked for the café part of the building, and with in all good reason. She didn't want her to get hurt like any of the others.

10. I'll Cover You (Reprise) – Rent

Rocky glanced over the crowd. Black veils, black jackets, black everything. That's not right. There should be color. Of course, he himself was wearing black, but that wasn't what Freckle was. He was colorful, not dull and boring like black. Anything but black really. Rocky scanned the crowd, looking to see if anyone was here. Well they should be since Freckle died as a result of working with him. A little voice popped into his head as he was searching the crowd. "He was the one that got him into the business, so wouldn't that make him responsible for his death." Rocky swallowed hard as he shook his head, trying to get his thoughts away from that. The pastor was talking. Something about how Calvin, no Freckle, was a great person. "I bet he's reading that from somewhere." Rocky thought dully as he glanced at the front of the crowd. Aunt Nina was right at the front, near the coffin. She wouldn't even look at Rocky now. She still didn't know her son's job, but she somehow assumed it was his fault. In essence, it was his fault. If he had never dragged Freckle into these things he never would have died.

Post subject: Re: Drabbles galore
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:42 am GMT 

Can I do it with scribbles too???? I'm good in scibbles!!!! please please??

The crazy one
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:53 am GMT 

Custom Title: The crazy one
Actually I think there's a meme for it on DA (I think you have a DA.) But yeah you can do it with pictures ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 am GMT 

Yes I saw it! Just was corious, if I can post it here too, but thankies!

Amicitia concero omnis
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:00 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Amicitia concero omnis
You never did answer if we could write some of our own on here. . . XD To save space and all. . .

— Carl Sandburg

Det tog 25 år att ens komma så här långt och jag ser en framtid där jag kunde bli något stort...

Characters, and Timelines! Char solos!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 pm GMT 

Good scribbles
I really like the sexyback and Avril one a lot :lol:
Good job friend