THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:12 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Boss Lady
 Post subject: **Role-play Rules** READ THIS
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:41 pm GMT 
Administrator

Custom Title: Boss Lady
1. General Rules.
The general forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them yet, please do so. They can be found in the General Discussions category.

2. In-Character/Out-of-Character (IC, OOC).
Please keep your posts in the appropriate areas. If you’re narrating or posting as your character, use the IC category. If you have a question, comment or complaint about something relating to role-play, post it in the OOC category.

3. Play Fair.
When enough people are involved, role-play can take some unexpected turns. That’s part of the fun. Please don’t throw any conniptions or post any flames if things aren’t going precisely as you planned. If you are unhappy about something, please discuss it in the OOC category.
Don’t take license with characters not belonging to you. For instance, if you see fit to kick Joey Baggadonuts in the shins, don’t then do him the courtesy of narrating his response to your effrontery. How he reacts is up to him.

4. No Copyrighted Characters.
This means you can’t role-play characters from existing comics, cartoons, movies and books (unless, for instance, it’s a character from a comic of your own creation). Please use your imagination to invent original characters.

5. Adult Content.
Sex and violence make the world go round, but let’s keep it in the vicinity of a PG-13 rating. Nothing beyond what would commonly be considered R-rated is permitted. My intentions are not to spoil everyone's fun, but taking into mind the range of ages among forum members, I feel it's necessary to regulate this aspect of role-play.
To elaborate; some light petting and mild innuendo is permitted, but detailed descriptions of intercourse, and trashy romance novel style anatomical metaphors are not. Similarly, you probably don’t need to go into exacting detail about what a shotgun blast to the face looks like, or the angle of trajectory the victims teeth took through the back of his skull, or about how his molars wedged themselves in the face of the poor guy standing behind...okay...you get the picture.

6. Genre.
This forum is designated for fantasy and sci-fi themed role-play. The world design put forth by role-play originators determines what's allowed and what isn't. Please be aware of the type of role-play you're becoming involved with before diving in.

**Note**
If you find yourself typing out a lengthy bit of literature here in the forum, it’s always a good idea to save your post to your local hard drive before hitting the ‘submit’ button. Though it seldom happens, post submissions can sometimes be lost as a result of sporadic host downtime or ISP disconnects. You may also want to back up role-play posts which are important to you in case of other unforeseen host related issues that could potentially result in data loss on this forum.

Last edited by Tracy on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:44 pm GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Boss Lady
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:43 pm GMT 
Administrator

Custom Title: Boss Lady
Adult Content Addendum

Descriptions of sex are not allowed here. They will be deleted.
This includes (but is not limited to) heavy petting and other types of sex-play.

Using the ADULT tag on threads that are likely to be fairly violent in nature, that involve some innuendo or light petting is the right thing to do. I appreciate that you guys have adhered to that. However, please keep in mind that putting the ADULT tag on a thread does not excuse you from the limitations of the Adult Content rule.
If you want to engage your characters in explicitly sexual situations, please find a more private place to do so, or utilize some other role-playing environment designed for adults.

As stated before, my goal is not to spoil anyone's fun, but I have two very distinct reasons for the restrictions:

1. Simple courtesy. I want everyone to enjoy being here...that includes people who joined the forum expecting it to be no more adult-oriented than the rest of the web site content is. I don't want an R-rated forum community attached to an otherwise PG or PG-13 rated comic.

2. Legal reasons. Maintaining this web site and forum means that, to an extent, I can be held accountable for underaged individuals engaging in or reading adult material. Because I cannot confirm who here is of legal age and who is not, I simply will not risk playing host to anything of an explicitly adult nature. I do not wish to find myself in a heap of legal trouble and I don't want to see Lackadaisy shut down over such a thing.

If you're unclear on what the rules are, please either start a discussion thread on it or PM me.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]