THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:07 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Love to live, live to love
 Post subject: Re: Outlaws of the West ((Open!))
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Love to live, live to love
((Sorry folks, had a bit of a brain fart for this IC :P))

Everett scrambled to his feet as his drunken swagger prevented him from getting up reverently. His sway became so much for him, however, that he had to sit back down in his chair. His vision managed to come into focus for a moment, giving him a small window of opportunity to study the men at the bar. There were three men, one the burly one. One the quick-draw, and one... a bystander?

Everett had a feeling he'd find out soon.

As he got comfortable in his seat again, he set the whiskey bottle down, and tore his attention away from the gentlemen, taking a lazy gander at the ceiling. His eyes scanned the roof of the saloon looking for an unknown object. He smiled for no reason, and began to chuckle at random, incoherent ideas that made no sense in his mind whatsoever.

God, did he love being drunk.

Feel free to PM, I'm probably just as bored as you! :D

My Characters.

Egad!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:11 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Egad!
As he was winded by Shep's elbow, David began to understand. He glanced sharply back at the drunk, who seemed to have found something funny on the ceiling. Even if there had been other Chinamen around, it wouldn't have been hard to recognize the shady investor on the poster in the lolling idiot on the chair.

And that was it. Idiot. To hang around here--while out of his mind with liquor, no less--he had to be the stupidest human being in the West. Not that he didn't have some hearty competition.

"Don't need it," muttered David. "That's our man."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:00 pm GMT 

Everett, his hearing impaired, managed to hear those three, ill-fated words.

"That's our man."

Those were all it took. All the booze flowing freely through his veins seemed to instantly vaporize as he managed to erect his slouching spine. Fighting to push his drunkeness deep into the pit of his stomach, although there was hardly any room with all the booze sitting and sloshing about, Everett slowly removed himself from his chair, readying his finger on the loop ring trigger, and tipped his hat in the direction of his potential enemies.

"Gentlemen, good afternoon to you," he said, struggling to use a voice free of a sozzled slur. He didn't know why he was attempting to cover up his intoxicated state, he had already made it plain obvious. His logical self was kicking him repeatedly in the conscious rear. He had to get out of their.

Well, he figured they were all leaving the saloon today.

One way, or another.

My Characters.

Last edited by Thomas Knightwood on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:13 pm GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:35 pm GMT 

Leo listened in on the men as the drunk stumbled do his feet, and mumbled a few slurred words with a tip of his hat.

His outlandish features were easily recognizable as not american. Leo's hand casually drifted down to the handle of his gun and he started towards the door with a mumble of "Good day to you all."

He quickly walked through the room and out the swinging doors. He pulled himself onto his horse and jerked the reins, pushes his spurs into the animal's sides. The horse broke into a gallop, only to be directed into and alley way. Leo dismounted silently and removed his rifle from it's leather holster, making sure a round was in place.

If a fight was about to go down, he wanted the first pickins' of those who survived.

My Characters

Ahoy!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:21 am GMT 

Custom Title: Ahoy!
Upon seeing the man David had identified as their erstwhile 'investor' rise to his feet, Shep started to ease forward. Before Everett could totter his way out the door, or even pull his gun, the big man gave a short, soft whistle to catch his attention. It was the sort of whistle some men might have used to rein in a hunting dog, or summon a well-trained horse.

"Hold up there just a minute, son," said Shep, referring to Everett the way he generally referred to young-ish men shorter than him whose names he didn't know. Most men, young-ish and otherwise, were shorter than him. Shep called a lot of people 'son.'

He held up his hands in a reassuring sort of way, which also served to show that he was unarmed. In fact, he wasn't even carrying a gun. That tended to surprise most folks who noticed, particularly in this part of the world, but Shep had a matter-of-fact way of going about his business that made it seem like the most normal thing imaginable.

"Don't want to trouble you," he added helpfully, "but we have some mining business to settle. Just hopin' for a quiet place to talk, is all."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:58 pm GMT 

((Sorry chaps! Been very busy :P))

Everett gave the gentlemen an uneasy smile. It was very apparent that he didn't trust this man. Two hands up was usually a sign that he was about to try something. And, if it was one thing he hated most, it was having one pulled over him.

Whatever that "one" was.

Honestly, none of these american expressions ever made sense.

"Oh? Business eh? And how exactly, does my involvement affect your business?" he asked, the tension from the trigger on his finger growing tighter in anxiety. A little sweat began to form under the brim of his hat as he feared for the worst. These men... they didn't look federal.

But no one did out here in the west.

Well, if he was going to go, at least it was with a gun in his hand and a gut full of whiskey.

My Characters.

Last edited by Thomas Knightwood on Tue May 14, 2013 11:45 pm GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Egad!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:42 pm GMT 

David hated to draw attention to himself with a drawn gun in the room, particularly when said gun was in the hand of a twitchy drunk. He knew that he should probably let his friend do the talking. And yet...he couldn't help but peer out from behind Shep. After all, the business in question was primarily his.

"It's about investment," he said, mostly from behind his companion's impressive bulk. "We'd be glad to explain if you just put the gun away."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:56 pm GMT 

Everett laughed, and slowly lowered the gun towards the floor.

"Alright... L- Let's talk business..."

Suddenly, the barrel's end exploded, the obvious result of his finger to tight on the trigger. Wood splintered up from the floor-boards, the bullet lodging itself deep into the floor. He stared at the bullet hole, the smoke rising up from the barrel, and shrugged casually, sticking the revolver in the back waist band of his trousers. He chuckled, and wiped his mouth.

"Gentlemen? You were saying?"

My Characters.

Egad!
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:32 pm GMT 

David's eyes were fixed on the muzzle of the gun. At first, he didn't believe that his plea had actually worked. He watched as it lowered, hypnotically slow. Then Everett shot off the gun. David sprang involuntarily into the air. As soon as he hit the ground, he tried to figure out where it hurt. He knew, after all those close calls, his luck had finally run out.

But there was no blood. There was no bullet wound. And there was a smoking hole in the floor.

David gaped from behind his friend. He couldn't summon the words.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:21 am GMT 

(Holy mother of Satan, it's been awhile. And what the crap I just realized a gun was introduced that hadn't been revealed yet...
Welp, you know what Chekhov said, "If you introduce a gun in the first act..."
I'll go edit the post earlier to say that Everett had pulled a gun on them in the beginning, for sake of continuity and all that.)

Everett hiccuped and looked over at Shep. "The large fellow with the friendly disposition. What is it that I can do for you?" Throwing his feet back up on the table before him, the rugged asian fellow slumped in a drunken stupor, clasping his hands together.

My Characters.