THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:16 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Down The Rabbit Hole ((Thomas Knightwood))
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:51 pm GMT 

James ran along the forrest path with his friend, racing him to their favorite clearing in the middle of the forest. He began to pull ahead, thanks to his weeks spent sprinting across his back yard.

My Characters

Love to live, live to love
 Post subject: Re: Down The Rabbit Hole ((Thomas Knightwood))
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:58 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Love to live, live to love
Quinn Derek struggled to keep up with James. It seemed like years since he had taken the steps to improving his physical stamina. Sure, he occassionaly hit the gym, but it was days like these when he wished he had made time for cardio workouts.

James sprinted ahead, and Quinn leaned over, attempting to catch his breath.

"Would you slow down? The oak tree's not going anywhere!" He called after his friend. He heaved a heavy dry cough. His heart pounded furiously as sweat began to drench his shirt and forehead. He was obviously getting exhausted.

And the warm summer day was not helping.

Quinn felt like he would never have to excersice again after today.

Feel free to PM, I'm probably just as bored as you! :D

My Characters.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:09 pm GMT 

James skidded to a stop. He turned around, his breathing still light. He couldn't believe his eyes! Quinn, panting, with his hands on his knees!

"Come on, Quinn!" James Bannister yelled. "He jogged towards him, reaching him in a matter of seconds. "We don't even know if the tree's still there! It's been ages since we've come out here!"

He patted his friend on his back, grinning. Despite his friends discomfort, he was kind of enjoying the moment. Quinn had beat him in every race he could remember. He'd finally won!

My Characters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:16 pm GMT 

Clefspeare wrote:
James skidded to a stop. He turned around, his breathing still light. He couldn't believe his eyes! Quinn, panting, with his hands on his knees!

"Come on, Quinn!" James Bannister yelled. "He jogged towards him, reaching him in a matter of seconds. "We don't even know if the tree's still there! It's been ages since we've come out here!"

He patted his friend on his back, grinning. Despite his friends discomfort, he was kind of enjoying the moment. Quinn had beat him in every race he could remember. He'd finally won!

Quinn smiled as he looked down at his shoes.

"Yeah yeah I know."

It had been longer than James had thought.
Quinn was nineteen now. It was hard for him to keep up with his younger, youthful friend. The last time he had run was in his junior year of High school. Now, it had been almost three years since he had run side by side with James. Quinn had once been an incredible runner, but his edge was lost when he retired from his life at high school.

He could see a bit of triumph in his old friends face, and he smiled back.

"Do you think it's still there?" he asked, standing upright.

My Characters.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:20 pm GMT 

James shrugged. "You got me. That thing was older than my grandmother by the looks of it!" He laughed a loud, booming laugh. His voice had finally started to change againe. It changed once, going into high school, and it was finally changing again. He loved the way it had deepened, it made him feel much more adult-like and mature.

James playfully pushed Quinn's shoulder. So are we gonna go or what? Unless you would prefer a head start, I'll give you 10 seconds to catch a breather." He smirked slightly and crouched into the starting position of a well seasoned track-sprinter.

My Characters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:23 pm GMT 

Clefspeare wrote:
James shrugged. "You got me. That thing was older than my grandmother by the looks of it!" He laughed a loud, booming laugh. His voice had finally started to change againe. It changed once, going into high school, and it was finally changing again. He loved the way it had deepened, it made him feel much more adult-like and mature.

James playfully pushed Quinn's shoulder. So are we gonna go or what? Unless you would prefer a head start, I'll give you 10 seconds to catch a breather." He smirked slightly and crouched into the starting position of a well seasoned track-sprinter.

Under his breath, Quinn declined his friend's offer.

"I'll get there when I get there. You go ahead and see if the tree's waiting for us."

Ech.

He was beginning to sound more and more like his father everyday. And he hated it; the b**tard. Never called or wrote.

After his parents had split up, he was glad to finally be out of the house and in University. He might've been young, but he didn't care. The sooner out of that dump the better.

Quinn waved his friend on, not realizing his smile had slipped at the thought of his no good rotten father.

My Characters.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:29 pm GMT 

James launched himself forward, sprinting ahead.

A voice rang out, seeming to echo through the trees. Stop!

James skidded to a stop, nearly tripping over an overgrown tree root in the process.
He cast an inquisitive glance at his friend and jogged back. He raised his arms, laughing in a slightly confused way. Quinn had always been close, like the older brother James had always wished to have. He had one at one point, but he had been killed riding his bike on the sidewalk one day by a drunk driver. He shook the unpleasant thoughts from his head and spoke to his friend. "What gives?I thought you just told me to go?"

My Characters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:32 pm GMT 

Clefspeare wrote:
James launched himself forward, sprinting ahead.

A voice rang out, seeming to echo through the trees. Stop!

James skidded to a stop, nearly tripping over an overgrown tree root in the process.
He cast an inquisitive glance at his friend and jogged back. He raised his arms, laughing in a slightly confused way. Quinn had always been close, like the older brother James had always wished to have. He had one at one point, but he had been killed riding his bike on the sidewalk one day by a drunk driver. He shook the unpleasant thoughts from his head and spoke to his friend. "What gives?I thought you just told me to go?"

Quinn gave James a funny look.

"I didn't say anything. What are you going on about?" His voice deep with both curiosity and fear. Was someone following him?
not that that would bother him.

My Characters.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:32 am GMT 

James rolled his eyes. "Don't give me that BS, Quinn, I heard you."

He had heard him, hadn't he? Of course he had. James looked around. 'Yeah, Just as I thought,' he thought to himself, 'We're the only ones here.'

My Characters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:54 am GMT 

"James, I didn't say anything. I don't know what you're talking about."

Quinn looked backover his shoulder. There was no way anyone was following them. No one knew about this place except for him and James.

He quietly walked over to his friend, and put an arm around him.

"What did you hear?" he asked.

My Characters.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:57 am GMT 

James furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and scratched the back of his head. "But i heard you, I was almost there and you yelled for me to stop...." He glanced down the path, where he could barely see the green grass carpeting of the small meadow.

James glanced over at Quinn. "You sure you didn't say anything?"

If it wasn't Quinn, then who was it?

My Characters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:04 am GMT 

Clefspeare wrote:
James furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and scratched the back of his head. "But i heard you, I was almost there and you yelled for me to stop...." He glanced down the path, where he could barely see the green grass carpeting of the small meadow.

James glanced over at Quinn. "You sure you didn't say anything?"

If it wasn't Quinn, then who was it?

'What on earth was he talking about?' Quinn thought, looking around once more.

"No, I was just catching my breath, and I told you to go ahead. Look, how about we do my legs a favor, and walk to the tree."

Giving his friend a firm pat on the back, Quinn began to walk off towards the old oak tree.

My Characters.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:12 am GMT 

James paused, still incredebly confused. He'd heard the voice, he was sure of it. It had been as clear as day. "Am I- Am I going crazy? he wondered to himself.

"S-sure," He said, and began to follow his friend. James stepped carefully on the path, avoiding tree roots that seemed to be reaching up to grab him and low branches ready to knock him off his feet.

Sure enough, when they reached the point James had gotten to earlier, the deep voice echoed through out both boy's heads, Commanding and Powerful. Stop!

James jumped almost 4 feet in the air. The voice deff. did not belong to Quinn.

My Characters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:19 pm GMT 

Quinn had continued to walk quietly. The air was fresh and full of life. A calming atmosphere seemed to chill him. The sun's welcoming and cheerful beams balanced out the cool chill of a summer's leisure. He hadn't noticed that James had stopped following him.

My Characters.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:32 pm GMT 

James stood, rooted to the spot. What in the world was going on? Why can't Quinn hear that? he wondered. "um, Quinn?" He called.

My Characters