THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:11 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

That first step is a woozy.
 Post subject: Zombified 2.0 ((smarticus)) [Adult]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:09 am GMT 

Custom Title: That first step is a woozy.
Iowa is such a boring and uneventful kind of state and my town is no exception. Even my flight instructor said it was, "There's not a whole lot to do here other than to fly or drink." He was fun and even he left to take another job out of state. Here I am and I LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE, sometimes the most exciting thing I do is a simple walk around the block.

After getting pissed with a game, I decided the only thing to do is walk in the brisk cold weather. It'd help me stay awake plus cool my nerves. I left a note to my parents and locked the door behind me, in case my parents got home before I did. But that wouldn't be necessary because of one man's odd intents.

With a chilly wind brushing my exposed face and my favorite wheat-brown jacket on, I went my usual route up and down the block. The cold kept me alert and my newish glasses gave me a good line of sight for whatever crossed my path. Up ahead was a man hunched over, blood dripping down out of his mouth. My initial instinct was that the man had gotten into a fight or got attacked from a gang, limping his way home. I couldn't just let him do that, I HAD to help. So I ran up a good forty yards to him, ten feet away when I started calling him and slowing down.

He grunted and looked up with a glazed look in his eyes, the wind picked up a fowl smell and I noticed right off the bat. He's got to be drunk, I thought there's no way in hell that he's really a...- He lurched forward and I jumped back, no fucking way.

"Uh.. cute. A little overdone though seeing you're scaring the kids here." It was a test I decided to pull, there were no kids looking that I could see. He lurched forward again and I growled, punching him right along the jaw line. He stumbled back and fell to the ground, I rubbed my hand which was already hurting. The man started getting up again and I backed up, I knew I was too much of a wimp to knock anyone out. My strength was running and I never fought. "Really? Fuck me!"

I ran. Right back home and I could hear him stumbling behind me and still growling and moaning, even in an act a sucker punch would disrupt the best actor. I didn't give two shits though, just wanted to get home and lock the door behind me. I practically yanked off the door from its hinges when I reached there, slamming the door behind me. I heard the man rush up to the door and thump his fists against it.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I grabbed the one thing that I've always thought of using for self defense if someone broke in, a kitchen knife that looked more like a hunting knife. I wielded it in my hand, holding it one way I saw in the military channel, and the other the way it was designed for. I obviously choose the military technique for I wasn't going to chop through a steak on my plate. My playing with the knife was cut short as well when I heard grunting inside the house, another figure approach me with their own dead smell and look.

Something clicked and I thought back to the military channel some more, thinking of a way to gain the advantage and dispose of the new threat. I just coming out slashing at this new figure's arm and face. He stumbled back and spun around, I delivered a killing blow to the back of the figure's upper neck before just as quickly yanking it back out. I almost didn't need to pull out for it dropped to the ground limply practically right from impact. I kicked him over and noticed that he was my neighbor, regret kicked in for a moment before I shook it off. "Great! So much for staying here, my place is already breached!" I delivered one good kick, panting angrily.

I shook my anger off to the best of my abilities, thinking of what I could do to help myself. I picked up the phone and got only a dial tone, than I decided to do something else that popped into my head. I picked up my XBox controller and remembered one close friend who had more armament than a military base, plus was in fact IN the military. I sent him a typed message quickly knowing the phones themselves were no good and grabbed some bottled water out of my fridge, dashing past the ravenous man outside and into my car. The message read as followed. "Making a flight path to you sooner than expected, keep on your toes for whatever comes your way and pack a gun with you at all times. Will explain to you if you don't find out."

I started the car quickly as the man thumped on my window, making it crack before I floored it to the open streets. I had a few stops along the way though and my first stop was my cousin's place a short drive away. I kept an eye out though if someone needed my help though, even pissed and fumbling for a plan I felt the need to try looking out for others.

Last edited by Bertram Von Zedler on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:37 pm GMT, edited 2 times in total.

Embodiment of contradictions
 Post subject: Re: Zombified 2.0 ((smarticus)) [Adult]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:13 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Embodiment of contradictions
WHat was I doing? He looked up and squinted, seemingly trying to gain answers from the cosmos. Right, nothing. He was, in fact, doing something. Waiting. A paradox of inactive action. He'd forgot to set his clock back during Daylight savings and now he was going to have to sit here pondering his tongue for an hour. After standing about for a good 10 minutes more he began to get a creeping sensation somewhere in the middle of his mind, a sensation he couldn't place but knew was there, almost like a fog or strong perfume under the guiez of thought. His immediate conclusion was that his paranoia was acting up again, causing his to believe someone was lurking about with his ill intent. Somewhat ironically, he shrugged off the thought and sought about looking for something pretty to look at for the next 30 minutes or so. What he found was fairly well the opposite of what he was looking for, however, in the form of a bleeding man leaning against the side of the gas stop across the way. He had a hand on his neck, clamping it down to keep the flowing blood from draining him, and another over his chest. He was averagely sized, medium weight; Must've been somewhere in his late 40's or early 50's. The man was in a state between panting and swearing, although he couldn't hear it. Through various faucets of media and first aid training he'd been desensitized to things like injuries and blood, so he wasn't shocked to see such a thing, although he was wondering what had happened. He took off his backpack and reached into the third compartment, bringing forth a gauze rap and bottle of ibuprofen. "Well whad'ya know, those classes WERE worth a damn." He smiled to himself, knowing this would at least reach the papers when it was all said and done. Maybe he'd get some cash, fix his laptop, buy a new mouse... As he got up and turned about, though, all those thoughts seemed to dissolve, like cotten candy when subjected to water. He wore a face of almost condesending dissapointment, eyes open, clear frown, as he bore witness to the man from before having his larynx ripped free from its normal resting place and thrown a good 6 feet. As this fresh face sunk his teeth into the formers literal face, David dropped his arms to his sides in seemingly pouty defeat and said "Ah hell naw.". He held this pose for but a moment before grabbing his pack by the handle and vaulting over the back of the bus stop, landing in the ditch with his bag held between his crossed arms. He sat there for a second, staring with narrowed eyes into the distance (Yet again) looking for answers that weren't there. He'd come up with three possabilities: 1. Crazed maniac. 2. Weird fetishes. 3. Flesh eating undead.
Seeing as this was a seemingly normal town lacking any mad scientists or sex cults, he went with the crazed maniac and once again reached into his bag. His aformentioned paranoia had, for once, been a good thing. A lifetime of looking behind his back, checking the bathrooms and bedrooms of hotels and motels for cameras and sensors, the distrust of everyone around him and the everpresent sensation of danger. About two years ago he'd bought an 8'' survival knife complete with hammer, saw, pick, flashlight, and waterproof compartment, for almost no reason other than he thought he would be dead without one going on a quick camp outing in the woods for a meer 4 days. He kept it, for whatever retarded reson, and started to carry it in the second pocket of his pack, behind his books so that he could bring it inside places. Every other day he'd wonder why he kept doing this, and every other day he swore he'd stop, but every other day he forgot, or made an excuse, and just let it be. As he brung it from his backpack he thought it was kinda odd how it had found use (Albeit not the intended use) now, just as his life was calming down and he was gaining control of his mind. Am I really gonna stab someone? he thought. Almost in answer, a more ballsy sida of his mind retorted Fuck yeah you're gonna stab someone, now go be a hero, you asshole. He put his pack in the ditch next to him and unsheathed his weapon. "I can live with that" he said with the best shrug he could manage lying down. Crawling back up to the bus stop, he peered over the seat to gain as much bearing as he could. Whoeverhewas was still gnawing on the juicy bits of the now definitively dead man on the ground. Nobody else was around as far as he could tell. The store looked empty, no cars at the pumps, only one car in the lot. David presumed the man getting his dermis removed was the cashier, judging from the fact that through the side window he could see that the store was still open, but lacking said staff. The long road to either side gave no signs of approaching cars or people. He was alone. With the exception of a flesh eating freak having supper just across the road. And of course his meal. For an odd reason, he thought of how much cooler "Vigilante stops killer rampage" sounded than "Citizen saves dying man". One man's loss...
"Well, it's now or... Three minutes from now, who gives a fuck, I can take all the time I please. Why do people say that? Ah, fuck it." He sprang over the bench and ran towards the maniac, trying his best to not make a pansy war cry. About halfway across the street his target noticed the screaming moron running at him and abandoned his food midchew, getting up and running towards him in return, even giving a similar cry. He imagined this would look almost comical to an observer; 2 screaming 20somethings running at each other, one coated in atrial blood and the other wielding an oversize knife. Hell, he'd watch that on pay-per-view. As they neared each other, David ducked down and slid, ramming the knife up to the hilt in the man's chest, just underneath the plexus, and sprang up with him still attached, audibly knocking the wind from him and throwing the attacker a good 2-3 feet. As he landed, David stared at the corpse and grinned stupidly. "Holy shit that was so fucking COOL." He did an arm pump and made some victory noises, his imagination going wild with all the possible money he was going to score from this. While drenched in his asinine fantasy, however, he failed to notice the corpse was still, in fact, moving, and it wasn't until it took a sharp intake of air that he stepped out of his idiocrasy and froze. He thought he was going to have to finish the poor bastard off, seeing as how that obviously didn't kill him, but when he turned around the man was already on one knee and getting back up with astounding speed for one with a gaping wound in his heart. "Ah fuck." he said with disappointment. He charged the distance to the rising man and kneed him in the nose, following through and novicely rolling away. He knew he wasn't going to be down for long, and taking in all that his vision allowed, he spied the rack of spare rims 10 feet from him and got an idea. He got up and ran towards them, grabbing the one set upright at the top by the sides. The man was getting up now, be it a bit slower than before. David lugged the rim as fast as he could to the reviving madman and gave him a hearty kick in the side, rolling him over. Using strength he didn't know he had, he raised the easily 100lb or so rim and brought it crashing down as close as he could manage to the center of his temple. ((OOC: I know this would probably never happen with how thick the skull is, especially at exactly that place and all, but how's about we go with it and just blame artistic license)) The body went limp as the object came to rest. David stood with his eyes closed for what must have been 10 seconds when he noticed it had quite assuredly stopped moving. He gently let go of the rim and it miraculously stayed in place, anchored into the man's skull. He relaxed his arms and walked back to his knife, picking it up and slipping it into his back pocket. "Proooooooobably zombies." He reasoned, as he went to the front of the store to find a phone and get something to drink. He passed the cashier's mutilated corpse on the way and made a policy not to look. He opened the door and took a few steps inside, the bell ringing behind him. He grabbed some chips from the nearby rack and opened the crinkly goods before looking around for a phone. About 9 or so people were scattered about the store, bleeding, mumbling, and a few eating something far too red to be bacon. They all seemed to tun their heads in unison, looking... Directly... At him...
"Yup, definitively zombies.". He finished what was in his mouth and casually walked back out the door, grabbing a mountain dew on the way out. After taking a few steps, he ran at speeds that would put an Olympic sprinter to shame, hearing a unison of screams coupled with a chorus of crashing just inside the store. Rounding the corner, he came across the cashier on his stomach, getting up to presumably recreate his death with others. David hopped up and landed on his back with one foot, jumping off in a style that would make Italian plumbers everywhere proud, although he did stumble a little on the landing. He didn't actually know what he was doing, but he knew he did it right when he saw a car driving down the very road he was running on. It was maybe a block or two away, far enough for him to see the driver but not close enough for him to hear. He stopped sprinting as quickly as he could, doing a few hops and almost getting road rash. He saw the car slowing and then remembered his pack, jumping into the ditch and grabbing it, remembering to put the knife back in the sheath as well. He soared over to the running vehicle and tore open the door, crashing down into the seat and spilling chips onto the floor. "DRIVE." He said with assertion. The other looked at him for a second and he said "Faster than that!". As they sped off into the distance he opened his soda, slurping down the shaken sugarwater. As he was regaining his breath, he noticed they were both fairly silent, and finding nothing coherent to add to the situation, he looked at his savior and said "......A/S/L?"

You have a strange and evil mind on your shoulders, smarticus.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:58 pm GMT 

"ASL? Wtf is ASL?" I grab a bottle of water from my collection, quickly downing half of it before placing the cap back on.

"Some kind of organization? Never heard of it. Right now I'm just trying to get a gang together and some weapons along the way. Mind if you join?" I keep on a continuous path, a cornfield in the distance and a long stretch of road going on as far as the eye can see. "By the way. Keep an eye out for abandoned squad cars, bound to be something we can scavenge off of them."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:06 pm GMT 

David pondered the quandary before him (Well, beside him). "Either humorless or an idiot... Good." He abandoned his sour expression and sought about studying the outside world.
Flat. Just flat. Flat over there. Flat over there too. Flatflatflat. A power line occasionally broke the monotony of the view, but the overarching feeling was akin to being stranded in an ocean of land. "Who needs this much... BORING? Is there a market for it? Are the gains net boredom or gross boredom? Bah." Regardless of his pondery, the landscape was relentless in its inactive assault. Feeling the need for something to occupy him (And the chips providing no such relief), he did some fidgiting in his seat to angle himself away from the window, looking to... That was a good question. A question he felt compelled to ask.
"You got a name, Miss? I tried numbers with my last partner, but they happen to be dead. Tends to indicate how fabulous a plan that was. Even though they died of food posioning... Regardless." He covered his mouth with his hand for a moment, brushing his upper lip free from the debris that had collected there.
He was reminded of the man's call to keep watch for fuzz cruizers, and wondered why and/or how one would stop on this
godforsaken strip of nothing. The driver was striken by a sudden need to pee and was beamed up to the Zulu mothership? He told himself to stop worrying about the whys and hows and start more with the where and whens. He immediately broke that promise, however, when he asked himself where the keys to the trunk would be. The trunk containing the shotgun and various supplies. Usually they're carried on the officer's utility belt, or at least that's what the extent of his knowledge told him. If it was abandoned, that usually means the officer's gone, and if the officer was gone, that would mean the keys would be gone as well. It wasn't often he wished someone was dead and not simply away, but the situation at large pressured him into such thoughts.
"Y'know, while you're at it..." He said, taking a jab of a look at the back window and the receding wasteland "Could you tell me where the fuck I am?" This wasn't a crazed ramble or a drunken blurt; David quite honestly had no idea where he was. He just got off the Greyhound at that gas stop because he was hungry and couldn't stand the rather inhuman smell coming from some of the passengers. Last he knew, he was somewhere in Nevada. Well, at least last he checked. Disregardful of the saying, he was more concerned about the destination as opposed to the journey. "And while you're at THAT, what the fuck was THAT?" He said, gesturing back to the now far distant scar in his memory, occupied by gas station clerks and tire rims. "I knew hicks were mean, but that was downright ugly." He seemed mad, but David was more annoyed than enraged. He abhorred being left out of the loop, if only when it concerned him, and reshaping a man's forehead concerned him in more ways than one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:17 pm GMT 

"Alexander Sweet is the name and that is what I'd call an infestation, our 2012. Zombies are taking over and we need... four things, food, a place to lock down at, a way to defend ourselves, preferably guns which I know a location for a gun shop and numbers. We're going to get outnumbered so we need enough to maintain our defensive line as well as scouting areas for more supplies. I got enough water to last us a day or two, I'm getting my cousin's family, then mine then taking all of us to a close friend of mine down south with enough ammunition and military connections to supply our ammunition and food needs for a long time. I've... theorized an apocalypse before and have two rather solid strategies for it. Seeing I never took it TOO seriously, I'll try filling the gaps."

I turned onto a street just before it goes into heavy farm land, a nice urban area with plenty of decent two story housing. I pulled up onto one house and fished out my knife. I then pulled the car keys out of the car, getting out but leaning inside. "Feel free to stay in here if you must, come inside if you can... I may need help...As I always say I hope for the best yet prepare myself for the worst."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:23 am GMT 

"Wait wait wait wai-... Wait." David palmed up his hands and pistoned them to and fro for a moment, trying to piece together the menagerie of seemingly nonsense coming from this Alexander. He be-stilled his arm and held up a palm, closing the fingers. He took the index from the other and used it as a tool to uncurl his digits, saying and uncurling both rather slowly. "Zombies... You... Crazy... Guns... Military..." A well known headache crept up on him, one he was by now accustomed to. It was the ache of one who felt thrown out of loop; trying to piece together a jigsaw puzzle without moving the bits. Why was he always stuck with the crazy ones? He knew he himself wasn't exactly the most polished apple in the orchard but at least he kept the fact to himself. David knew the situation was either going to go downhill or sideways from here, regardless of his intervention. He decided to do it anyway, mostly to alleviate the crushing feeling in his mind.

"So you want to go in there?" He took his ever-important uncurling finger and stuck it in the direction of the house. Who's, in particular, he was yet again unknowing. Were they to simply barge in there with brass in one hand and weapons in the other? He thought of his knife for the occasion, and immediately remembered to clean it. People blood has a habit of starting to smell after a while. "Just go in there? Like walk in, take shit, leave?" He imagined he wasn't even speaking to Alex, of which he now vowed to call this man. Mostly he imagined he was simply speaking to get the rabble out of his mind and into the air, safe away from his thoughts. The more he talked, the less he had to think, and the less he thought the less his head split.

"Well, I don't really see much of an issue with that." David said after a moment, gesturing outwards with his hands. "Since, according to you, everyone is either A) Dead, B) Undead, or C) Soon to be dead, and property rights have a way of dissipating when one of those three labels is slapped on you." Regardless of his festering brain and his common sense, he reached for the handle and opened the the door, stepping out and slinging his pack through his shoulders for later. He walked over to Alex and put a hand on his shoulder. "Let's light this candle." As he walked to the front door he made a mental note to later gauge which one was crazier.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:51 pm GMT 

"Easy trigger... this ain't a stranger's house. This is my cousin's place, I want him to come along but I'm expecting other unwanted guests to arrive or to have arrived. So keep an eye out for the non- and the un-dead who... may be as gun-ho as you think I am." Putting the knife at my inner jacket pocket, I walked up calmly to the front door. I put an ear to it then knocked a couple of times and rang the bell. "Don't know if this is widespread news or gossip, keep calm and I'll try talking to him. If we shout 'zombies, get to the car!'... only homeless guys with aluminum foil hats will come."

The stayed shut and I knocked once more and rang the bell. "Coming! One sec!" A young man answered, making my foot tap impatiently. "The apocalypse comes and I wait longer at my cousin's door then at death's door, how inconvenient..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 am GMT 

Feeling more than a little sheepish and more than alot dumb, David rather tentatively followed the Alex man to the front door and waited out his theatrics. Certainly this wasn't the first time he's gone loose cannon on the comfortable wings of assumption. He tore down his previous mental note from its spot on the neurological refrigerator and replaced it with a more pertinent one regarding his bravado. On a lesser note, he jotted down something along the lines of "Remember to actually read these things". Ego assured, if only for the moment, he turned his attention back to the developing situation.

He jumped in right around the time Alex said something about aluminum hats, much to his amusement. To him, his entire monolog might well have been about how the aluminum would help against zombies. He could just imagine them donned medieval style in shining silver, walking down main street doing their best to imitate a disco ball. What fun adventures they would have, Disco dave and the astroid Alex, laying down the funk to all those bad man zombies, riding- Yet again, he was snapped back to the present by an intrusion to his mental lapses by what sounded to be a teenager and the alex man bickering about something along the lines of his cousin. So that's why they were here, he wagered. He's got family in town. The only family he had was safly tucked away in mountain cabins or Alaskan islands, far away from anything civil or intrinsically dangerous, besides boredom. He doubted this whole fiasco would affect them much. If anything, they'd probably just shoot themselves in the foot or do something dumb with the stockpiles of weapons they owned. Feeling the smartass in himself rising, he rapped on the door with his knuckle and shouted to whoever was inside "I DON'T MEAN TO HURRY YOU, BUT ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE LITERALLY DYING OUT HERE." David was certain Alex would no doubt be struck clueless by his humor, so he defensively looked to Alex and said "It's more interesting this way, just go with it." He wondered, if only for a second, if a life-or-death, most likely death situation called for insistently lowbrow humor. But only for that moment.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:53 pm GMT 

I quirk my brow at you and wait at the door as my cousin finally answers. He looks over at us and also gives a quizzical look, in PJ's and with his hair in a mess. "Heh cus. Who's your friend."

I shrug and start wiping my hands, realizing I have a bit of blood on me. "A tourist of some kind. Now I have a couple of questions, starting with the news, have you seen it?"

My cousin saw the blood and his eyes widened a bit. "N-Noo... Was there a murder that I should know about? Why do you have blood splattered all over yourself."

Sighing, I realize that this was going to be harder then I thought. "Alright. Currently there should be some sort of pandemic going around, people are dying and causing others to become... rabid."

My cousin's face turned into a smirk and he chuckled. "Rabid you say? Well come in, do tell, do tell." He thought this was some kind of practical joke with fake blood on me, I rushed over to the TV and turned on the news channel. The TV warmed up and my cousin followed behind, folding his arms and still smirking.

Police have accounted for several murders around town today and it's not just in our county. Florida, California, New Hampshire, Illinois, and Kentucky have also mentioned a stream of homicides occurring at relatively the same time. Whether these murders are connected, the police have been reluctant to say. I click over to another channel and see my cousin's smirk disappear. A triple homicide took place just off Williams Avenue, the bodies appear to have been there for a few days but eye witness accounts say differently. Why the evidence is very conflicting, right after this commercial break. Click. Hospitals are being loaded with people complaining of headaches and stomach pains, blurred vision, amnesia, stomach convulsions, and blood clots. It's theorized that someone brought about a virus off shore that have steadily broke out through town and others as well.

Others believe that this is a biological terrorist attack. Human Disease Control are acting swift in order to maintain and help threat those with these symptoms. Please if you or anyone else are experiencing these symptoms, call the number on your screen now.
Click and with that I turned off the TV. "A triple homicide that seemingly occurred days ago, eyewitnesses will say it happened today. Loss of memory and bodily functions? Unless they say that people are starting to bite one another, growling and bleeding at the mouth. You couldn't get more obvious. Let's just say this blood was caused by medication on one of those people dealing with the later stages."

My cousin grabbed the remote and turned the TV back on, looking at the channel, seeing if this was a recording out of a movie, checking the back for a wire feeding to the TV. "What you're telling me is... we're dealing with... Zombies?... You've got to be joking."

"I solid facile mater you not." I chuckle and pull out my bloodied knife. "I stabbed one five minutes ago and the blood looks like it's been on the blade since Tuesday. Soak in the rays of the TV but the outside world is shining with the same news. The sun is shining, the sky is clear, and oh by the way, run for your life!"