THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:18 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Just Damn Cute
 Post subject: Love and War
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:16 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Just Damn Cute
It was late in the day, she was walking from bed to bed in a ward she wasn't normally assigned to. Normally she wasn't assigned to any ward since she was so young, normally she was just picking up bedding and changing beds. But today they had need of her to spend some time with the paitents in this ward, they were the lot that were all healed enough that they could either go home soon or be shipped back out. And most of them hadn't been around non-soldiers in a long time. So it was best to get them used to talking with people again.

Lealia stood up from tucking in one of the now sleeping men in the ward more, looking down at him almost fondly. With a soft little sigh she turned, a little bounce in her step. She was sweet looking, innocent and happy teenage girl. She had those soft curves that hadn't figured out how full they were going to be yet, her slim form almost pixie like as she glided among the cots of soldiers healing up. Her mossy brown hair was tucked up in a something of a loose braid that she'd not bothered to fix after it had come out, her curls pulling away from the main braid even more.

She was coming down to the last few men in the ward, coming to the men who mostly didn't speak French like she did. Thankfully though she'd learned enough English to at least understand them even if she couldn't reply as well as would have been preferred. She was still learning and she adored talking to the English and American's to better her understanding of English as a language.

"Bonsoir, monsieur," Lealia said without thinking as she came to stand next to the man's bed. She figured by now they would at least understand that as a greeting and not look at her like she was crazy. "How are you doing?" she went on in a voice heavy with her accent, though it was understandable what it was that she said.

For the Love of Words Updated 8 Jan 2013

Post subject: Re: Love and War
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:10 pm GMT 

He looked over at her with the turn of his head at the, faintly recognizing that as their usual greeting. It was confirmed when she asked how he was doing and he nodded with a quick greeting in return. "I'm fine." he said in his notably English accent. The man was propped up on a few pillows with his arm in a sling and sheet covering his legs. He had brown hair and brown that studied her as he remembered who she was. "How are you?" he asked in return, now remembering people usually ask that in return. Charlie was quite the handsome young man with his features at 22 grown in, was almost hard to believe for his fellow soldiers that he was still without a woman back home.

List of Blah

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:34 pm GMT 

Lealia looked at him for a long moment as she tried to remember the word in English. "Wonderful," she said after a moment with a little nod of her head. "I am doing wonderful." She sat on the edge of his bed, looking at his slinged arm with a sigh. "You need anything I can give you?" she asked with a little title of her head, green eyes looking him over thoroughly before they flicked back to his face and she smiled brightly.

She'd seen him a few times before. He wasn't really that hurt and would likely be sent back to the front when he was healed up and not back home. He was handsome she supposed and his accent and his language intrigued her so. She preferred the sound of Englishmen speaking English over the American's. There was something much more following about the English and most of the American's she'd met she'd found were less than willing to speak in things that wasn't slang.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:59 pm GMT 

"Just some one to talk to." he shrugged with his simple answer, not wanting to be a burden on the young lady. "And maybe some water if you can find anything." he added quickly. He was humble and quiet not wanting to be a big burden on the nurse but it did get lonely with no one to talk to and he didn't want to lose too much of a touch with the outside world, being in the military and away so long. On top of that, her company seemed to put him at more of an ease than just the medicine alone. He looked down at his arm and then back up to her.

List of Blah

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:19 am GMT 

The young girl nodded her head smiling. "Oui, yes," she said with a laugh, standing up from the bed. "I can do both." The girl hurried away, white skits swishing around her hips as she went before coming back with a glass of water that she offered to him before settling down on the side of his bed again. She could have fetched a chair, but it wasn't his legs that were injured and she was just as fine with sitting this close to him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:46 pm GMT 

"Thanks," he said quietly, not picking the glass up immediately. he looked and saw the surface of the water settling before turning back to her once again. He wasn't quite sure how to start talking to this young nurse, doubting she had anything in common with a soldier a few years older than her. "You probably know my name from the charts and other nurses, but I don't know yours..." sounding less smooth than he would have liked, but he wasn't exactly in his comfort zone.

List of Blah

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:01 pm GMT 

"Yes," she nodded, smiling at him and picking at the hem of her skirt. "My name is Lealia. Your's is Charlie, non?" The way she said his name was heavy with her accent, the beginning almost sounding like a 's' sound instead of the 'ch'. But she smiled still, as if she didn't notice that there was anything wrong with how she'd said it. The girl shifted some, pulling her on leg up under the other, knee going down onto the bed and pressing up against his thigh a bit. She didn't look at all bothered by the contact.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:47 am GMT 

He nodded with smile at the way she said his name. It seemed more interesting when she did. "Yes, that's my name." Shifting his feet as she sat down, he smiled again liking that she sat so close to him. Charlie picked up the glass of water with his free hand and drank, setting the glass back down carefully. "I'm still in a daze from the painkillers." he said apologetically, looking to her again. He held up his hand showing how it trembled slightly. "Can't feel my arm at least," he chuckled softly as he set his hands back into his lap.

List of Blah

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:27 am GMT 

"Well that is kind of the point of painkillers, yes?" she laughed softly, reaching up to pull the rest of her hair out of it's loose braid. It was starting to bother her in that unfinished way and she had to take it out. She shook her waves out before brushing the locks behind her ear. "Better that you don't feel it at all than to feel the pain. I can't imagine what that feels like. You were shot?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:58 am GMT 

He nodded quietly as he shrugged his shoulders. "The bullet passed through so I was lucky enough to not have them digging in my shoulder." He paused for a moment to take a drink from the glass of water she had brought him. "Just stitched up is all." Charly set his hands back in his lap and looked at her for a moment. "Why are you here? I think your the youngest one I've seen here. If you don't mind me asking."

List of Blah

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:52 am GMT 

"They needed more nurses," she shrugged at his question. "I don't actually really do....medical things..." she said with a little pause, trying to think up the right words in English. "Just do things like this. Fetch blankets and watcher, things like that. Give out medication but nothing more." She looked away for a moment as one of the older women called her name. They shared a short conversation in French before she turned back to him with a smile.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:40 am GMT 

He heard a few words he always heard the nurses speak, but he couldn't make out anything at all. He just sat there and waited for her to finish talking with the other nurse. Charly smiled back at her. For a brief moment, he wondered if he should try and learn some of the language. "What did she need?" he asked, as any curious patient would with the same blank and confused look.

List of Blah

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:32 pm GMT 

"Nothing, really," she replied with a little shrug of her small shoulders. "She was just asking if I was done for the night. Which I am. I'm just staying to talk to you is all, now." She smiled brightly at him, a small blush starting to creep up her cheeks some as she spoke. Mostly from nervousness, not embarrassment. She didn't get how that could have looked to him about her reasons for staying just to talk with him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:21 am GMT 

"Oh," he said quietly with the tilt of his head. "Well I'm not sure if..." he paused in the middle of his sentence, deciding not to let his doubts get the better of him this time. "if you want to here one of my stories." he finished. "The one of how my great grandad made his way to england." he smiled softly and waited for her response.

List of Blah

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:36 pm GMT 

"You can tell me whatever you'd like to tell me," she said with a soft little laugh, reaching up to braid little bits of her hair instead. "About your past, your family, about the war, whatever you'd like." She smiled at him, letting him do what she wanted. Really, it didn't matter to her what he talked about. She probably wouldn't understand all of what he said anyways.