THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:57 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

That first step is a woozy.
 Post subject: Warehouse 14
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:00 am GMT 

Custom Title: That first step is a woozy.
Museum of the Arts
Berlin, Germany
December 8, 2015
10:36 AM

An alarm rings at a Belgium Museum, guards swarm within in search for the thief. A nineteen year old kid runs around with a hood over his head and face, tucking something under his arm. He runs through the Age of Knights hallway, himself searching for an exit. He ran head on into a guard.

<Freeze!> The guard pulled out his gun and pointed to the kid who was sitting on the ground. The guard turns around and yells in more German. <I got him! He's just a ki-!> Suddenly a large fiery blast knocks him off of his feet and into a suit of armor on display, both collapsing over the entire display. He scrambles to his feet and looks for the kid, not hearing footsteps of any sort. A window was open three stories in the air, creaking as it swayed in the wind.

<How the? Where'd he... go?> Other guards circled him from all directions and hoisted him back up to his feet, all of them perplexed. One of them was more concerned about the damaged armor then the well being of the guard or the thief. A shadow grazes over the roof of the museum, speeding away to find a safe location to hide or an path to escape Berlin.

12:10 PM, the following day.

"<Does anyone know how to speak English? Spanish? No?> I knew I should have brushed up more on my German..." One agent started looking around the sight where the burglar vanished, looking at the ashes. "There's no ash... so what happened to the-?" The window swayed above him in the wind and caught his attention. "Rocket? I better report this..."

He opened his Farnsworth, a metal box invented in 1929 which was a visual communication device created by Philo Farnsworth. The small circular screen lit up and sent an image back as well. "Heh boss?"

"What? Did you find the artifact?"

"Not yet but I did find burn marks on the ground where our subject disappeared and a window is open up above. Is this some sort of rocket developed to attack castles or something."

"I don't think so but it's as good as a guess as anything. I'll do research on the subject though including the evasive Civil War Rocket, you're near that time period section in the Musuem. Have you been told what is missing?"

"Umm..." He scratched the back of his neck and looked off to the side. "I... can't speak a lick of German."

"Learn. But for the time being, slide the Farnsworth partly closed and say what you want to ask... I'll be your translator."

"Good thinking." He kept his index finger between the cover and walked up to a guard. He lifted the Farnsworth up and hiding the guts with the cover, sneaking a look at it like it was a protable translator. "Excuse me? <Excuse me?>"

The guard turned and looked at him, his eyes going up and down along the man with a hint of curiosity. <Are you the agent from Britain? You look like enough of an asshole.>

"Translate! He asked if you're the agent from Britain. What else? Umm, that's it. Okay then. Yes I am. <Yes I am> I was wondering what has been stolen, mind showing me to it? <Could you tell me what's been stolen. I'd hate to take my precious time send you back to Russia and have them get the information I want out of you. Do I make myself clear?>"

The guard gulped, he didn't think that they knew that he went AWAL from the Russian army. <Yes! Yes! Sorry! Right this way!>

The agent became concerned about his tone of voice. "He's yelling, what is he saying? He was told of your rank... then decided it was best to follow commands. Cleaver. Better then what I would have said. Thank you. Now follow him and show me the information when you get there." He nodded and snapped the Farnsworth shut, following the guard to the display.

<Here! Here it is! Now let me be! Please! I did nothing to you!> The guard rushed out of the room and went to another wing of the building.

The agent pulled out his Farnsworth again and put the screen to the display's information. "Anything special about it?... Let me see, let me see... Well? Hold on, I'm getting on it... We don't have any records about this but it's a Maille Glove made in the early to late 12th century." The agent looked at the five finger prongs, which once held up the gloves. "Maille? Yes. Chain gloves developed to protect a knight's hands. This could be used for anything seeing we have no more information about it then what's listed there. Great... where do I go from here? I don't know, why are you asking me? Ask people around you, ask yourself some questions, ask what's wrong with this picture, but don't ask me. You figure it out. Over and out." The agent grumbled and pocketed the Farnsworth. "Never gives me any hints. Oh well, like Sherlock Holmes, I love the thrill of the chase!"

That first step is a woozy.
 Post subject: Re: Warehouse 14
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:13 am GMT 

Custom Title: That first step is a woozy.
The agent went up to the burn mark again, thinking about how it could relate to the glove. Perhaps it wasn't related to the glove at all? Are there any other artifacts stolen which could have been used to steal this one? We'll find out but first, I should access the roof. I might be able to see if there's any evidence around the window. He looked around the outer edge and noticed a thick line swerving through the ashes, a set of scratches on the other end with something sharp enough to damage the tiling. That's unusual, looks like these are claw marks. Peaking his head around the corner, he waved to get a guard's attention who came over reluctantly.

"Ah, the man I heard about. MI5 I suppose." The guard used English, looking at his uniform was more than likely the superior of the agent talked to.

"MI6 actually. MI5 handles more internal affairs. Did anyone fiddle with this burnmark?"

"Fiddle...? Not at all, no one stepped in it and no one swept. So what does SIS... or a branch of have to do with a museum piece in Germany? Not much to do since the end of the Cold War so you handle petty thefts?"

The agent shook his head no and scraped off some ashes into a purple bag, standing back to his feet. "Just the odd tales, we're worried about people using stolen government technology for whatever we find suspicious. Sounds like a personal rocket pack with a very limited limited fuel supply for short jumps. You know, nothing too substantial in term of effectiveness but a fairly expensive piece of equipment none the less which is how it got onto the black-market, it's ours so we of course want it back. Now is there a way up there?" He pointed to the ceiling, pocketing the bag of ashes

"Ah... sounds like fun. Staircase thirty feet in that direction, then to your right behind the castle. You'll need my help with the door... unless they gave you a key? No? This way then." He pulled up the set from his belt, plucking one out as he continued to ask questions. "Am I allowed to ask how effective it was?"

"You are..." The agent said quietly, getting annoyed of this guard's tone of voice.

The guard nodded slow, saying 'I see' before opening up the stairway. He grabbed the agent's collar and kept him out of sight from a nearby camera. "I'd like to make one thing perfectly clear with you, you are not to threaten my workers no matter what information you have on them. They're in a bitter mood for their employment is in question, some government mishap have been threatening that for years and your 'blemish' is possibly what gets my men fired. I'm equally irritated and upset, for all that information you possess I'm surprised that you never looked up me. Don't ever... threaten my men."

The agent nodded, letting the guard vent as he was put down and dusted off. He sensed that the guard wasn't going to harm him, just wanted to get his point across and vent. On top of that, it was quite the learning experience. He'd keep note in case he planned to come back... with a translator that won't get him beat up.

Traveling to the roof shows the same scratches along the window frame and a few in the direction off the roof, none leading to the edge fifty feet away which was untouched. Something kicked off the ground, grabbed the ledge and took a few steps forward to regain momentum. And off he went... Might be an Olimpian's shoes but I'm not sure of the claw and burn marks still. Rapunzel's knight had a hand, or a glove? That seems more likely, I'll ask. He pulled out the Farnsworth to ask his boss, leaning on the edge of the roof and looking outward in the direct the artifact traveled. "Need another translation I suppose, that was rather quick to find anything useful. There's scratches along the floor and the window frame that match, some sort of thing that required a jump and crawling at by the looks of it. Anything on this glove being Repunzel's of his knight? Anything fancy to get a better handhold to climb up with? I'm thinking claw like for these marks."

"Good thinking but we have her hairbrush locked away, the missing piece to that story in terms of climbing castles. But claw marks, those do sound interesting and possibly eliminates to rocket idea. I'll run through a few more books to see if there's something resembling that. Anything else? Yeah, you didn't do a direct translation and I nearly had my head taken off by one of the officers. oh, I um, he wasn't too happy with your nationality so I figured I'd fill in the blanks- He was quite protective of who he claimed I threatened, said all their jobs have been on the line because of government. Sounds a little suspicious. Yeah, I'll look that up too. Didn't get too roughed up, did you? Hardly, just made his point clear to see what happened. I'll get back to you when I find something else, I'll see if they have it recorded."