THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:11 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next

That first step is a woozy.
 Post subject: Clipped Wings
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:29 pm GMT 

Custom Title: That first step is a woozy.
Alexander Sweet was quite the flier, enjoying his flights at night between clouds. He loved going slow enough to enjoy the feel of freedom, he never forgot his flight's importance. You see, he didn't sly a glider, a helicopter, a blimp, or a plane even, he flew with his own body. He wasn't a super hero who was afraid of cryptonite or anything of the sort, he was just as rare though... seeing he was a flying dragon.

He was the only of his kind by his knowledge, grew up without parents even. The only people comparable to his ability for thought, verbal communication, and reason were humans and he didn't feel like he could reason with those creatures. The media, the murders, the people who were afraid of him, taunted him, threw things or even shot things at him, they were the last type he would ever talk to. There was too much risk... although plenty of rewards like curing his loneliness and feelings of isolation.

It was so easy for him to fly in the dead of night like this, he's high up and his scales are are very dark if not black. He's been flying for two to three hours now, nonstop and longer then he normally would. He found a nice stream of wind up there and wanted to use every bit of it to move west. All of a sudden, his wing cramped up and stiffened to make him unable to flap. He reached up and tried massaging the pain out and get it to move again but to no avail.

He coasted down still hoping to get the pain to stop but it wouldn't, even as he grazed above houses and treetops. He forced a hard flap out of them to stop and land on a roof but instead it cramped up entirely and caused him to retract it to his body. With the loss of one wing, he instantly fell to the ground and flew through a tree. He slammed into someone's backyard and skidding into a home, a new more serious pain came from his wing and arm, they weren't spazzing out, they were broken.

"Fuck... Dammit... uhhhg" He grabbed onto the window sill of the house and pulled himself up to his feet, a light came on in the window and he froze. He stared into the home blankly hoping no one was coming.

The Next Doctor.
 Post subject: Re: Clipped Wings
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:48 pm GMT 

Custom Title: The Next Doctor.
Taylor had had a stupid day at school. Same routine. Getting on the bus, the freshmen watch him play on his Nintendo DS, His boring computer classes that he always wasted doing other stuff on the internet, lunch, more stupid classes, and then the ride home. He never would have guessed that that night something wonderful would happen. That night as he lay half asleep, listening to the new Linkin Park Album, he heard a loud crash. after waiting 30 seconds and not hearing any movement in the house, his parents obviously hadn;t gotton up to investigate it. So he got up on his own. He opened his window and slid out, turning around to see an amazing sight. A...dragon? He stood there amazed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:58 pm GMT 

Alex pushed himself away from the window and turned around toward open sky. He spread his wings out and quickly tried to flap them, a unhealthy sound came from it and it grew an unusual bend.

he collapsed to the ground and hissed, his breathing becoming rapid. I gotta go, I gotta get outta here. Run, you got legs... but it hurts so much to move!

The Next Doctor.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:03 pm GMT 

Taylor didn't think. He just ran to it. It seemed in pain. "Hey, hey!" he whispered "Calm down, calm down, quiet! I'm not gonna hurt you, not gonna hurt you...where does it hurt?" he said worriedly, hating to see any creature in pain.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:15 pm GMT 

Alexander backed up and scooted a foot in the grass away from him, he sounded sincere but he was a human. Don't talk for now, just show him your arm and wing and see if he can figure it out.

He tucked his good wing in and let his bad one show beside him. He also looked down at his arm shyly. He was still on the defensive and looked like he was about to move back some more. His ears tilted back and his head lower a bit, he seemed rather defenseless.

The Next Doctor.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:21 pm GMT 

"that wing's bad? Okay...okay so..um..wow..a dragon..how do i deal...how do you want me to do this? Would you like me to get some water or something a wet rag, I mean... I guess for now all i can tell you is to stay right there, and try to keep that bad wing propped up and away from touching other things, i suppose. I'll be right back!" he said as he turns to run back to his window. he thought to himself "What am I thinking?! thats...a dragon! Why am I helping it?! its...hurt...but..i mean, its a dragon! Dragons are real?!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:32 pm GMT 

Alex tilted one ear back and his other one pointed up, he was slightly confused by his rambling even though he spoke English perfectly.

A... wet rag? Real professional. I should probably try my luck with the human next door if he thinks that's how you fix a wing. He should know he needs to get me something to hold it in place to heal, same thing with my arm. Hell, a tree branch would... have... worked... He looked over his shoulder and saw a decent sized tree branch which was dislodged from the tree from his crash. He dragged it over to himself and thought of something to hold it in place, he had no old clothing humans threw out nor any thread. What would be a good thing to... a towel? Yeah, that'll work! He might still help me after all.

The Next Doctor.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:37 pm GMT 

(the wet rag would have been for any blood or something incase he opend up a wound or wound up getting a bad gash or something)

Taylor came running out with a bowl of water, two towels, and a few other things he thought might help. "I'm sorry, I..guess I'm a little overwhelmed. You can't blame me, when a creature you thought didn't exist winds up wounded in ur backyard." he said slightly nervously. He wondered if this dragon was as smart as all those stories and books that people made them out to susposedly be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:44 pm GMT 

((I know that... now that I think about it. <.> He does have a gash in his arm and a few cuts and bruises from the tree.))

Alex wasn't too used to cleaning a wound that way, just wash it off in the river and hope it didn't get infected. His ear tilted back, still playing dumb animal for a short while. Tell him about your arm, he doesn't see it. He bit his lip and grunted off the pain long enough to talk.

"Yeah and the good knight is right behind me on a white horse believe it or not." He chuckled and sighed. "Mind looking at my arm?"

The Next Doctor.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:44 am GMT 

Taylor let out a small yelp, falling backwards. No way! It talked! Well, he, talked. Least it sounded like a he. Taylor dipped a small rag in water and sqeezed most of the water from it. "This....might..hurt at first." he said slowly putting the rag on the gash "Gotta get that blood off....." after a few seconds of silence he looked to the dragon's face "There isn't really a knight coming after you, is there?" he asked, just about ready to believe anything.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:43 am GMT 

Alex hissed quietly but shrugged off the pain. "Yeah, he's hiding behind Elvis and the . I'm joking."

He paused for a moment and looked at his wing, saddened to see it broken. "Sorry... just a bit irritated is all."

The Next Doctor.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:49 am GMT 

"I..understand. But to be fair, I could be irratated for you crashing into my backyard. But whatever, that doesn't matter now." afer he cleaned the blood, he wrapped a slightly dampened towel around the dragons arm. "I think I could find some rope or something to hold it on there for you..." he began.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:59 am GMT 

"To be fair, this used to be my great grandparent's forest and private land. but I don't want to go into technicality." His tail looped around the towel, tightening slightly.

The Next Doctor.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:01 am GMT 

Taylor sighed wih a hint of amusement in his voice "Fine. You got me there. What's your name?" he asked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:01 am GMT 

He tucked his good wing in all the way and tested his feet by putting some pressure on them. "Alexander... Alexander Sweet. What's yours?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next