THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:05 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

That first step is a woozy.
 Post subject: Re: As Persistent as Ever
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:37 pm GMT 

Custom Title: That first step is a woozy.
Benedict went to the bridge and started up the engines, getting water out of the pipes and making sure it wouldn't choke. The engines whined once he revved them up, steam pumping out clear then white as it shot out the exhaust. He looked royally pissed but the engines' began turning and running the way they were meant to be, giving him reason to cheer up. He puttered out of the hanger and started up the radio to send their warning of this hostage situation, no one went against these demands and let the ship drift outside of port under it's own guidance.

Stephen was of course in a better mood the captain, looking sore and keeping himself from touching his leg. He guided himself down the corridor by using the handrail, sitting on a bench connected to the wall. "Sorry for the new extra burden on board, I just thought it would be fun to get reacquainted with my old mate, he'll lighten up. Just give me time to work it out." He said to no one specific, looking over to the engineer though and winking.

The engineer chuckled nervously and shook his head no. "You got the captain, I got my own gal... I'll be in the engine room." He rushed out of the room, wanting to get away from the officer.

"Suit yourself. What about you? I'm pretty sore and I need to relax, would you be interested in helping me?" He was smirking at Franklin now, his hormonal eyes wanted attention after seeing his crush. This may be more as a result to blood loss then testosterone but either way he was sampling the land to see who was into what. He was obviously going to be more then just a burden on board, he'd probably be an annoyance to the available men.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:14 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Just Damn Cute
Franklin looked at Stephen, one eyebrow raised at him. "I'll give you that attention you want," he said knowing what he was after in the end. "But not in the way you want," he gave him a very firm and knowing look that said he wasn't interested in what he wanted, or at the very least said he wasn't interested then. "Your leg's gonna be alright. Walking with a cane for a bit won't be so bad. Better then needing it almost all the time."

He gave him a charming smile at that, patting at his own right leg. "S'not real," he said in a stage whisper. It wasn't that he was hiding it, just that it wasn't something he enjoyed talking about with just everyone. "Metal from my thigh down. Still hurts like a bitch sometimes, but you get used to it after a while. Doubt you'll be losing yours though."

For the Love of Words Updated 8 Jan 2013

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:37 pm GMT 

"Hmm... darn." He sighed and felt the ship sway from a gust of wind, even with two legs he'd probably wouldn't stand to well. "I thought the same, just a nice little piercing going through my caff." Stephen joked, lightly balling his hand into a fist with each throb.

"So are you sure you wouldn't feel the need for... a way to pass the time on this voyage? You know how painful it could be to not let off your steam once in a while, I'd be happy to help." Stephen grinned toothily, winking once more. "Unless... that's your woman standing next to you that share remarkably similar physical qualities making you... brother and sister."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:30 am GMT 

Rachel looked flatly at Stephen, something about her look so utterly disgusted about what he was doing. It wasn't an uncommon thing for her brother to do himself, but there was just something about the way that he was going on about it that didn't feel right to her and thus bothered her quite a bit. He was too desperate and that was too much. Everyone needed to have a little tact when going about those sorts of things after all.

"Well she is mine, in a sense," he said patting his sister on the shoulder who gave him a bit of a glare before huffing off to find their rooms. "She's my twin sister," he said at her retreating form. "And I can't say that given time away with no hope of seeing land again, that I might not change my mind. But for the time being, I'm sure." He laughed some, shaking his head a bit and shifting off of his bad leg. "But don't you like the captain?"

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 am GMT 

"Yes... I already know he doesn't fancy me, I feel as though I can still tease him but that's as far as he and I are willing to go." Stephen sighed, trying to comprehend the points at which the ship will yaw and twist with the wind. It's been a couple of months since he's been on a craft but even then hasn't been on one for long periods of time. When he was twelve, he remembered traveling great distances to find a good port for he and his family to rest... and how the side of the craft looked when he was hanging his head over it.

In his thoughts, he gave little thought as to how his words had offended Rachel. He kept that part of his brain focused on not going ill or controting his face whenever a new sway of the ship rocked his fluids.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:21 pm GMT 

"You should probably go lie down somewhere," Franklin said after a moment of watching the older man's face, noting that he was looking less then fine about the swaying of the ship in the wind. He knew how bad it could be when your stomach didn't agree with you while you were in flight. It made everything feel very awful and made it feel like your stomach was up in your throat constantly. "I'll help you to a bed if you like..."

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:37 pm GMT 

"Any chance you'd tuck me in as well?" He joked, leaning forward in the bench and holding his arm out for help. Stephen started thinking of Benedict's quarters, pretty sure it would either be a hammock or a simple mattress. Still the idea of sharing the same bed for even a short while got his hormones going.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:20 pm GMT 

Franklin pulled the older man up to his feet, giving him a bit of a grin and shaking his head some. "We'll see about the tucking in when we get there, alright?" he asked as he stepped to his injured side, sliding his shoulder underneath Stephen's, arm around his back to help him take the weight off of the wound on his leg. He knew what it was like, for the most part at least, he'd not been able to walk right after his accident, but it had been painful with his temporary leg and then when he got his new one as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:41 pm GMT 

The room they entered was typical of that of a crew member, a cheap foldaway bed that is just a mat with a hinge on each side connecting to the wall. When it folds in there's a latch to catch it and the mattress as well at the sheet stick out the side. The fold away bed was meant to be folded in for extra storage by the looks of it, that and to keep from sliding and moving around too much. This set up was similar to Rachel's and Franklin's room only with a different set of personal items that were mainly trinkets of his old past.

"And here I was hoping for something more romantic like a chandelier, then again he never spent more on himself then he did on his crew." Stephen hissed when he let his injured leg float back down to 'earth' or more appropriate the floor, retracting his leg back to it's hanging position he used when hopping around. The only benefit he saw with the bed was that they would need to be close to not fall off the end, it was only build for one and unlike Rachel's and Franklin's bedroom there was only one bed.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:50 pm GMT 

"It's a cargo ship now," he said with a sigh as he helped him into bed and get settled down some. "Just be glad you aren't sharing a room with the rest of the crew. Can you image what that would be like? Having to share a space not much bigger then this with a hand full of strangers." Not that Franklin would have minded sharing with a bunch of men, it wasn't that big of a deal or really all that different from the few times he'd had to share rooms with boys anyways. And he'd grown up sharing a room with his younger brother anyways. It was Rachel who would have thrown the fit about that.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:27 pm GMT 

"Yeah, crammed into a room with three good looking guys and your charming sist-oh yeah. It actually would be kinda bad." Stephen chuckled to himself as he slowly set himself down on the bed. He wormed his way out of Franklin's grasp to slide onto the bed, pulling his legs up and getting the covers over his legs. He sat up for a moment to take a breath, feeling out of it with the moving around, the blood loss, and the lingering queasy feeling.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:49 pm GMT 

"She can be charming," Franklin laughed, smiling brightly at that. "You just have to get her at the right time. She's bossy and easily annoyed, I know. But I also know she's a great person on the inside. And she smiles, believe me she does." Franklin stood watching Stephen settle himself down and get set in his bed for how ever long he was going to be there. It probably was going to be a while. "Do you want to borrow my other cane?"

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:19 pm GMT 

Stephen wanted to tough it out but a serge of pain reminded him that there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. "Um. If you wouldn't mind lending it to me, I could use it."

Benedict saw a few ships closing in and decided not to chance getting into a fight with them. He banked into a cloud layer to get out of their sight, still the craft turned with them and was in search for their craft. Benedict got into the thicker parts of a storm formation, knowing of the break in the clouds was coming up if they continued to head to their destination. Time was running out and what ever those ship's intentions were, they will find out soon. He phoned it in to the rest of the crew through a set of pipes.

"Everyone head to your stations. Franklin and Rachel, I need you on the bridge. We have two ships tailing us."

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:26 pm GMT 

Franklin looked up at that, one brow pushed up rather high. "What do you think that means? Pirates perhaps?" He seemed eager and happy about that even if they were in danger and possibly in danger of being shot out of the sky. He had faith in their captain or he wouldn't of said yes to this crazy venture in the first place. "Hold on tight then, I'll get you that cane later." And with that he was out the door, nearly bumping into his sister on the way up to the bridge where they'd been called to.

Both of them walked in out of breath and wide eyed, looking to Benedict for answers as to what he needed them to do.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:05 am GMT 

Benedict slowed the engines down and took a tight turn into another cluster of clouds. The engines hummed slowly as the sound of the wind slowed down as well, water condensed along the surrounding windows making it hard for them to see outside. "Just like old times they have taken the same trade route. These ships are behaving like that of pirates and I am further doubting that their motives are to just say hi or ask for directions. I need someone to keep an eye out for cloud layers and help me navigate from one to the other. Rachel, you're it."

Franklin, I need you to ready the left cannon. It's a medium sized round and has a decent kick. Make sure that whomever gets into our firing line is shot as soon as we hit a clearing. First, we'll test to see their intentions before we start shooting at someone who might just be at the wrong place at the wrong time. If all goes to hell, we need to do swift attacks and hop into cloud cover while we reload and before they can get the shot on us. Everyone know their station?" Benedict accelerated slowly, looking ready to pull up on the controls.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next