THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:13 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

*giggle* Yer funny
 Post subject: Re: Still Needs Time to Mature
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:19 pm GMT 

Location: You're living room furniture looks great from the lawn. :3
Custom Title: *giggle* Yer funny
"It's making decent steps, comparatively," she answered quietly, almost whispering as she peeked around a corner to see if they were safe. Seeing no one, she proceeded. "We've been working on our propulsion systems, improving them greatly." She was happy that conversation had turned to something about space instead of about her, so she supplied the information he wanted.

Quirky, yet charmin', southern metaphors.
.......Yeah, that sounds 'bout right.

That first step is a woozy.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:02 am GMT 

Custom Title: That first step is a woozy.
"Pulse drives are popular today but anything made that could move faster? 'Warp drives' as you call them?" Taras' English slurred some from he lack of knowledge of the language. He wished for something immidiate or close to it though he knew that wormholes were out of their capiblities seeing that it was just being experimented by him an hour ago.

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:59 pm GMT 

Silvia nodded, taking another turn as they headed for the back door out of the school building. She began to describe the other advancements, but also switched to his dialect, making sure to blunder here and there to throw him off her trail about knowing his language instead of plain Russian. She knew this was all for the sake of him getting out of her time, so she let him know anything and everything she knew.

Once they were outside it be came abundantly apparent they were near the shore. With his eye sight he could probably just make out the cliffs on the horizon that edged the sea. The grass rolled in fields around the university, crooked old trees providing even deeper shadows in the night. Silvia turned toward a smaller building than the others, one that was only a few stories high. This had to be the teachers' housing, with most of the lights still on in the windows and the porch light blinking on and off because the bulb was burning out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 pm GMT 

Taras listened with only an occassional interest, everything was as dull as it was in the text books he read in college. Nothing could get him home within twenty years of space travel and there was still the problem of coming home too early. No. He needed to depend souly on his own knowledge and what tools he had at his disposal. He was definately going to have his hands full.

His attention drifted over towards the surroundings, everything was lush with vegitation and the semifamilure rocky turrain. His wings twitched with some excitement and he realized that the gravity here was less then that of his home world, every fibber of his being was eager to fly. He shook his head and told himself to forget about that temptation, his feet were to remain firmly grounded to the floor so long as he had to use his time to find a method for escape.

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:07 pm GMT 

Watching him curiously, Silvia couldn't help but notice his twitching movement. She knew that eager look all too well, and sighed a little as she stopped her commentary. <Flying isn't an option, sorry. We could get caught,> she said in a soft tone, not chastising at all. She even seemed kind of sad about it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:40 am GMT 

"<It's hard not to, I do need a brake but you are right. Flying is not without it's risks... though I am a risk taker.>" Taras fluttered his wings for a moment, doing a short hop and tossing some dust around. He was a few steps ahead of her now, starting a small flight just an inch off the ground, going backwards and in pace with her. "<How much further is it to your house?> A couple of block as you call it? Wish to see how fast I fly?"

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:14 pm GMT 

Silvia watched in amazement, a smile breaking on her face as he took off....But it soon slid into a mask of horror. "<Taras! Get down! Do you realize what will happen if anyone sees you?!?>" She called up to him in a loud whispered, jumping to try and grab hold of one of his large hands, trying to anchor him back to the ground. The wind shifted, heading away from the cliff and toward the large buildings, blowing Silvia's hair out of her face. "<C'mon, get down! You can show off when there's no one around that could shoot you!>"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 am GMT 

Taras was in no mood of backing down, if he had something in mind he did it. This persistence was one of his better features and also his worst. "<It's hard not to, I do need a brake but you are right. Flying is not without it's risks... though I am a risk taker. How much further is it to your house?> A couple of block as you call it? Wish to see how fast I fly?"

He saw her worried look but only smiled. "Now. Now. I don't have system of global positioning or whatever you call, I can fly quickly without anyone noticing for a minute or two. Come on, time me! I bet I'll get there in... under a minute!"

Taras being as excited as he was wanted to show off and didn't even give her a moment to reply. He twisted around and flapped his wings fairly hard to take off like a shot, not knowing of the lightpole hovering above the street.

His flight lasted just about as long as the Wright Brothers, only his landing was less fantastic. Like a sack of potatoes.

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:30 pm GMT 

"Oh!" Silvia cried, running over to his crumpled form on the sidewalk. "<Taras? Are you all right? You hit that pole....pretty....hahaha...hard! Hahahahaha...>" She couldn't help it, it had been funny, him trying to cokily take to the sky only to be stopped by a street lamp. She bent to lean one hand on his shoulder for support as she giggled quietly on the dim street.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:13 am GMT 

Taras was unresponsive for a minute then shifted, his head throbbing and a bump on the front of his head. He looked up at the flickering lightpole and regrettably remembered his silly mistake. "<What... what are you laughing at? Your cities have more hanging objects and wires about then a... well it's like a freaking trapeze only keeping me from getting to the air then to the ground.>"

He wished he had some cleaver comment or simily but his head hurt and he didn't want to put in the effort. Taras attempted to push himself up, resting part of his weight on his forearms as he recooperated.

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:07 am GMT 

Now that he was actually awake, Silvia stifled her all out laughter to muffled giggles periodically, moving to gently probe the large bump on his head with her cool fingers. She bent down, getting her face close to be able to see it in the dim light on the night. "<Well, this is going to be quiet the lump...You must have hit that pole at at least fifteen kilometers per hour. Silly dragon,>" she chastised softly, shaking her head with a smile as she continued to bend and examine it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:04 am GMT 

Taras quirked his brow as he looked up at her, curious as to why she was concerned for his safety all of a sudden. "Do you have Doctorate in medical feild?" He asked in English, getting uncomfortable with the way she was observing him.

((Irony.))

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:06 pm GMT 

((Lolz, definitely.))

Silvia raised her own brows in response, stilling her probing fingers before pulling swiftly back to stand straight, awkwardly chewing on one of her little claws, her tail flicking in guilt. "No...<No. I apologize, it's habit. I'm around accident prone people a lot,>" she told him quietly, only telling half the truth. She had lapsed in judgment, forgetting that this goof of a dragon wasn't her goofy dragon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:57 am GMT 

((At the time period he's currently in, I can imagine him being playful and singing a kids' song with his Russian accent.
Taras: "Riiiiing arooound the rooseeey, pocketsss fullll of poooosyyy, aaashes to aaashes, we aaall faaallll down." :twisted:
Me: :shock: I have a feeling that you used biological warefare some point in your life.))

"Ah. <I know the feeling, lost so many coworkers over the years.>" He also told a half truth of his own, some of the time it was on purpose and no accident. Taras sat up and his tail swayed side to side with annoyance of he new headache.

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:30 pm GMT 

"<I have pain medication in my apartment, we should probably get moving again before we get caught. Can you walk?>" she asked gently, taking a few steps in the direction they had been taking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next