THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

That first step is a woozy.
 Post subject: Still Needs Time to Mature
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:50 pm GMT 

Custom Title: That first step is a woozy.
Taras Kuznetsov, a bit of an odd man who found something mysterious with his experiments on warhead technology. If two of his warheads go off at the same exact time, the material from one warhead is transported to the other. He knew that the warhead based it's device on wormholes but it was meant to cause permanent instability, but it appeared that stable connections were made for a fraction of a second.

<Astonishing... I wonder if I can make a longer lasting entryway... more importantly can biological material go through it?... Hmmmm sounds like a job for my new lab rat.> Taras begins to grin widely and looks over his shoulder towards his fifth lab partner.

He looks back and waves shyly, turning back to the computer before him. Numbers flowed into it from the probe with perplexing and interesting results. The internal clock was reading a few hours ahead for some odd reason and he's attempting to correct the mistake in it's circuitry. <That's... weird. No glitches according to it.>

<Ooooo Robert!> Taras chimed and his tail flicked from side to side as his plot unrolled in his mind.

<Yes boss?> Robert paused his work to pay attention to him.

<Could you set up another warhead at the platform? I'd like to do a second test to compare the results later on.>

<Oh.> Robert looked back at the still streaming lines of data. <Shouldn't we look at this result first before we get too ahead of ourselves?>

<We've got plenty of software to handle both data, just fetch the next warhead and set up for the next experiment> Taras commanded, going to his computer and arming missile 8.

Robert nodded and sprinted to the forklift, pulling one of the explosives off of the shelf. He fumbled with it and the tip tapped the cement floor.

Taras heard a metal clang and looked up from his screen. <Everything alright over there!?>

<Yeah, I'm just not licensed to drive this thing I guess!> Robert chuckled and gulped, putting it back on the shelf and grabbing the one next to it. <Shit. I would be so fired if I broke this... better just say this one had some wiring problems and repair the damage when he's not looking.>

Taras laughed and shook his head in disbelief. <Hard to get good help nowadays. Don't worry! You'll get used to it after a while!> He imputed a timer and watched Robert wheel number ten to the test bed. He walked over to his unused ones that Robert just grabbed from. He counted down mentally and placed his eye protection on. seven... six... five... He chuckled to himself and looked down towards his remaining testing explosives. Three... Two... He skimmed over the numbers and choked, seeing MSX-8 printed on one of the sides. <FUCK!> He bent over and tried sprinting away, warhead detonating before he took one step.

Robert heard a familiar sucking sound and a explosion from the rack, seeing his boss disappear in it. <Shiiiiit... I really fucked up big time!>

Taras saw a flash and fumbled forward, slamming his nose into a grassy ground. He groaned and grumbled to himself, thinking he was thrown clear. He then felt a hot burning sensation on the heel of his foot, grabbing it instinctively and tried to blow on it. He saw that to wormhole device cut off the black talon in his heel and was red hot. "Grrrr. Fucking lab assistant! <You're fired you son-of-a...>" He heard something odd and removed his goggles, looking around the place for what it was. A four wheeled car drove by and screeched to a halt, a human jumping out and looking over the roof.

Taras starred back, his coat burned clean off and most of his scales exposed. He spoke in English and growled at the man. "What hell you look at human?" He meant to say 'What the hell are you looking at human?' but he wasn't that good at English.

The man gasped and jumped back in the car, acceleration away as fast as he could.

Taras grumbled some more and got to his feet. <What's a human doing here anyway?... And... driving a car. Wait... Ah fuck! I'm on Earth! Fuck! What next?> A couple of darts hit the back of Taras' neck, making him black out instantly and fall to the ground. A hummer pulled up to his body and men dragged it into the back seat, pulling away just as fast towards a college in St Louis.

"A dragon? Ohho, this might something our teacher, Silvia, would be interested in from our hunting trip, eh guys?"

"Yeah! Better then the 12 point buck we promised to come back with!"

((Lillian?))

*giggle* Yer funny
 Post subject: Re: Still Needs Time to Mature
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:49 pm GMT 

Location: You're living room furniture looks great from the lawn. :3
Custom Title: *giggle* Yer funny
Silvia was still recovering. She knew it was silly, she knew that she could visit any time she wanted...But it made her sad to have to leave. Thomas had said she still had to keep the secret in her own time, and she had to live her life. She had agreed, but...The separation was hard. They had fixed it so that she had only been gone three days in her own time, which was still questioned strongly by her employer and her students.

Where had she gone? What had she done? How could she have just vanished without telling anyone? She stuck to her story that she had needed a break and had taken a long trip to the shore to get a tan and relax.

It had only been a week since she had returned and she was starting to feel better. She was getting back into the old routine, teaching, experimenting, learning. Her students had gone out for the day to do a scientific hunting trip, looking for something big to dissect. They had promised a large deer and Silvia had laughed, unconvinced. They would be lucky to get a scrawny doe.

Silvia was waiting for them, tinkering at her desk in her large teaching hall. She had almost gotten a small, intricate piece in place when she was startled by a large crash and some yelling outside her door. Jumping, her paws jerked away from her device and the pieces she had taken so much time in placing fell with small clicks on the table. She grumbled, pushing her thin glasses up her nose. The boys must have gotten back.

Quirky, yet charmin', southern metaphors.
.......Yeah, that sounds 'bout right.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:13 pm GMT 

"Okay, shh-shh-shh. Just wait for me to open the door and then bring him in. It is a him, right?... Yeah, he's got male parts down there. I was going to say, it better not be a female."

A young man came through the door with a wide grin on his face along with camouflage paint from the trip. He was also out of his school uniform which he was known to do often but he was still in his hunting gear too which wasn't. "Professor! You would not believe what me and the boys caught you! Go on, guess!"

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:32 am GMT 

Swiping her paws carefully along the table, Silvia brushed all the little pieces into a pile before looking up at her green and brown painted student. It never bothered her that most of them were several years older than her, but she new it unnerved several of them. "Well, by the look of your face, I can infer that it wasn't the impressively large buck you promised," she laughed a little, setting her experiment in a bin for later tinckering, "I don't know...I'm going out on a limb to say...A bear?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:40 pm GMT 

He chuckled and was grinning ear to ear. "Wow. You really do have high standards for your students. No it's better then that, try guessing something cold blooded."

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:14 pm GMT 

The girl quirked a brow, slipping her paws into the pockets of her lab coat as she looked up at him. What in the world was cold blooded in this region? Ireland had no large reptiles, and nothing large enough to get her students so ecstatic. "Look Jordan, there's nothing cold blooded around here. We don't have reptiles, you know that."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:52 pm GMT 

"Then I guess it's something native that came in from a ship or something because it's a beaut. Well... might as well give you another hint. It... can... FLY!" The student knew she'd be stumped or wouldn't believe him with that kind of hint. He still grinned and he leaned against the door, ready to pull it open to show her the big surprise.

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:16 pm GMT 

Looking surprised for a moment, Silvia then frowned softly, her tail flicking from side to side. "A flying....reptile? You've got to be joking. The only thing that could possibly come close to flying died off a million years ago."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:29 am GMT 

"Try something closer to the age of knights and this. Bring him in guys!" He opened the door and let his friends drag their new trophy inside, the sleeping darts still in his neck. His muzzle was tied shut with a rope and his hands and feet were tied together as well.

"Finally the princess gets a hold of her captor. So who should we contact for a find like this? The news or should we head strait for the Nobel Peace Prize?"

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:42 pm GMT 

Silvia gave one look at the body and screamed, putting her paws to her face so to block the view from sight. It was Thomas, see knew it. He must have come to visit her and had miscalculated his arrival. Her tail curling under and around her legs, Siv peeked through her fingers down at him, her eyes starting to water. "Wh-What d-did y-y-you d-do t-to h-h-him?!" She asked, beginning in a whisper before it elevated into a high pitched squeal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:40 am GMT 

The students looked at each other for a moment and the leader spoke again. "Easy, easy. Calm down. It's tied up and was knocked out by a few blow darts, he's harmless at this point." he wrapped his hands around the rope on Taras' wrist, giving a few tugs to prove it was tight.

"And how did you tell it was a male? Seeing we've never seen one before and we weren't too sure if this was a female or a male, we had to look and find out..." He lifted Thomas' leg to show... eh... how should I say this... the defining characteristics of a male.

((Yes, I went there. They're hunters looking at a trophy and not Silvia's boyfriend, after all.))

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:50 am GMT 

((Oh, how the irony is sweet. x3))

Silvia slapped the hand that held up Thomas' leg, making an impatient noise. "Stop that....Don't treat him like a dumb animal, Jesus....He...He could be intelligent," she backtracked, mentally smacking her palm to her face. This was dangerous, the boys couldn't know that she knew their haul personally. That would be a story she definitely didn't want to share. "Please...Just take out those darts; they're not doing any good now. And untie him, his species is harmless. I remember reading about them once in Professor Mounting's library."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:43 pm GMT 

The young man retracted his hand and gave a look like he was in trouble. He took the darts out but he kept him tied up. "Harmless? Have you seen his claws? As sharp as a hawks and each are about three inches long... except this one." He grabbed one of his feet and pointed to the back claw. "Looks like it was cut off with a laser or a blow torch... quite cleanly too."

((I'd imagine Silvia would be fighting back a blush from that sight.))

*giggle* Yer funny
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:32 pm GMT 

She flinched as the blood flowed a little from the punctures on Thomas' neck, looking to Jordan again. "I told you he is harmless, the only dangerous thing about his species is they breathe fire...And in his state, I don't think he'll be doing any of that. Why...Why don't you go get an extinguisher from the store room, if you feel like you need protection. I'll untie him if I have to."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:40 pm GMT 

"Uh. Good idea. We'll be right back Miss S, don't worry." Jordan said, his two other friends following.

Taras remained unconscious, the drug was still in effect in his blood. His body limply sliding down to the side like a drunk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next