THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:11 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1722 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next

The Lovely Other Dinosaur
 Post subject: Caught in the Act [Hogwarts Alt]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:25 pm GMT 

Custom Title: The Lovely Other Dinosaur
((For Saf!))

California decided that he was nuts for leting her do this. It was half past the witching hour and well-past the curfew. He wasn't sure how she did it, but Georgia had roped him and one of their elder sisters into sneaking down into town and flooing to London. Now, here the three of them were, blatantly roaming the halls with an indecent amount of deliciously fragrent Thai food, trying to get back to her common room before they got caught.

Heafting the box he was carrying, Cal grumbled, "Jesus, did you order the whole menu, Georgia? Where'd you get the money for all this, anyway?"

Georgia grinned in the dark, holding her own box and shushing him quietly. "Let's get out of the main drag before I explain."

That motherfumbler!
 Post subject: Re: Caught in the Act [Hogwarts Alt]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:52 pm GMT 

Custom Title: That motherfumbler!
Maggie had spent the evening in the library with Elijah and his brother Joseph, supposedly studying for an anticipated quiz in Arithmancy, but actually doodling in her sketchpad, occasionally setting her pencil to her favorite types of engines instead. Joseph, that ever-studious fellow he was (why wasn't he Ravenclaw? who knew) was working on a essay on the history of the Wizengamot, Elijah 'helping'. They had stayed far longer than they were supposed to, really, and were just packing up to go back to the common room when the Litefoots arrived home.

They chatted quietly amongst themselves (at least Maggie and Elijah did) as they meandered back to the Fat Lady's portrait, and were too preoccupied to notice that when they left the tunnel behind the tapestry, there was another group of teens in their way. The two groups ran smack-dab into each other, Maggie colliding with Cal, Joseph (nose still in a book) bumping into Virginia, and the ever-exuberant Elijah nearly tackling Georgia.

"I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying."
--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:34 pm GMT 

Virginia was lucky enough not to be carrying food. Instead, she had been charged with the drink-carrying. In each hand was a cardboard drink carrier; the one on in her left contained three cups of the sweet, smoky Thai iced tea that Georgia liked so much. the right hand was wrapped around something more incriminating: A six-pack of Thai beer. She collided with the boy, squeaking softly. Stepping back a bit, she smiled charmingly, trying to keep the beer behind her back a little bit.

Georgia and Cal had managed to avoid dropping the food, Cal wincing a bit and turning to glare at the person he collided with. When he saw Maggie, he blushed gently and sputtered, his indignant 'watch yourself' not making it out of his mouth.

Georgia seemed unbothered by the colision, or the fact that they could be reported. She giggled softly and said softly, "Oops. I didn't see you there." then with recognition in her voice. "Hey. You're in my house."

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:44 pm GMT 

Joseph immediately babbled out a few hasty apologies, his already-present blush darkening at the sight of Virginia.

Maggie managed to regain her balance, hands on hips and staring belligerently up at the much taller Cal. She wasn't exactly intimidating, given the oddly streaked hair (an electric blue this week) and scrawny stature, but the glare more than made up for it. Seeing his sputtering, though, she cracked a smile. "Sorry, dude, didn't see you there." Her voice was decidedly American.

Elijah backed up to give her some space, grinning his huge puppy grin. "Yeah, yeah, I recognize you. You're Miss Litefoot's younger sister, right? The librarian, I mean."

"I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying."
--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:00 pm GMT 

Virginia flicked a wayward curl from her eyes and grinned wider. "Careful, Sug. Don' wanna knock ya down..."

Cal cracked a grin and shifted his box, eyeing her hair. The blue was a nice touch. "No problem. I should have been watching where I was going."

Georgia nodded eargerly. "That's us. An' you're 'Lijah Powers, right?"

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:05 pm GMT 

"Oh, not at all, my fault really, so sorry, miss," Joseph said quickly, managing a reasonably not-nervous smile.

"Yes, you should have," she agreed, crossing her arms and smirking. "But I shoulda been, too. Y'look familiar...you're in my my year, right?"

Elijah nodded with just as much energy, if not more. "Yep! Elijah Joshua Powers, pleased to make your delightful aquaintance!" He swept an imaginary hat off his head, taking her hand and bending to kiss it.

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:19 pm GMT 

She took a step back, eyeing him carefully. "You're Joeseph."

"I'm in your house, too, Maggie," he replied, sighing inwardly. She didn't even know he existed. "California Litefoot, remember?"

"Hey, I've caught a gentleman..." she giggled, holding her box tightly with her one arm, blushing a bit at his guesture.

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:36 pm GMT 

"I-I am, yes..." he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "You're Virginia..."

"Aww, did I hurt your feelings?" she asked with a chuckle. "Don't feel neglected, Cal honey, I don't know most people's names."

Elijah released her hand, grinning brightly. "I do try, madam!"

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:40 pm GMT 

Her smile grew, and she nodded. "Right the first time, too. "

That did make Cal feel a little bit better, he decided. At least he wasn't neglected.

Georgia grinned, but was starting to feel exposed in the middle of the main hall, past curfew, with boxes of what would surely be labeled 'contraband'. And one of the boxes wasn't even for them. "Hey, um... we knida need to get back to the common room with this stuff, and I need to drop this box off..." she glanced at the other two, asking, "Wanna come?"

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:43 pm GMT 

Maggie, Elijah and Joseph turned almost simultaneously to look at her, the middle one quite cheerily proclaiming, "We'd love to!"

Maggie rolled her eyes, but smiled tolerantly and shrugged.

Joseph just blushed.

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:25 pm GMT 

"Great!" Georgia chirped, starting off. "C'mon, I've gotta make a stop by the Great Hall first."

Both of her siblings sighed ans they watched her scurry off, Virginia saying, "Well, we'd best follow her..."

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:28 pm GMT 

Elijah kept up with Georgia, leaving his brother and best friend to lag behind with Virginia and Cal.

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:01 pm GMT 

"Do you like Thai food?" Georgia asked him, curious.

Behind them, Virginia laughed softly at the pair's antics for a moment, before turning her attention back to Joseph. "I wouldn't figure you for a curfew-breaker," she told him teasingly, nudging his arm with her shoulder.

Well aware that the silence was growing awkard between he and Maggie, he asked, "You think you're ready for that Arthimancy quiz?"

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:22 pm GMT 

"Love it. Why?" Eli asked, eyeing the boxes. "Is that where you've been?"

Joseph flushed a brighter red, smiling nervously. "W-well, there's no clock in the library...none I can see anyway...and I was working on a project, so we ran a bit late."

Maggie groaned at the thought. "God, no. And I had all this time to study, too. What did I do? Frickin' draw, because my mind can't focus on Arithmancy for a second. That quiz is a sure fail for me."

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 pm GMT 

"Cal's got our box," Georgia smirked. "Wanna share? There's sure ta be plenty with a duplication charm."

"An' Lulu don' got the heart ta kick the good kids out," Virginia sighed, shaking her head a bit. "She needs a clock, bad."

"I'm not much better," he sighed, making a face. 'Every time I sit down to study, I start to think about engines."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1722 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next