THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:09 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112

The Lovely Other Dinosaur
 Post subject: Re: The Little Siren (HogwartsAlt)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:20 pm GMT 

Custom Title: The Lovely Other Dinosaur
Eddie was a little shocked to find another girl waiting for him. Shocked enough to revert to the habits drilled into him by etiquette classes. He took her hand, kissed it lightly, and then seemed to remember through the shock. "Pleased to meet you." His grin was quick and crooked, and he laughed lightly, sort of astounded and kind of flattered that anyone would have thought they'd need such a thing. "You're our...ah.. chaperone for the night, then, Miss Regina?"

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:22 pm GMT 

Custom Title: That motherfumbler!
Regina managed a smile at the courtly gesture, nodding in recognition. She, too, had manners hardwired into her. At his question, however, she laughed, a very silvery and bell-like affair. Not as oddly enchanting as Rachel's, but pleasant.

"Hardly. Mum can't bear the thought of her raggedy niece getting close to the son of Anthony Token," she said, with a roll of her eyes, "So either I'm here just so one of her children can get into the party, or she intends for me to steal you away. Unfortunately, I'm the only one of her two daughters Rachel gets along with, and also the one who doesn't choose boys by their social status." She looked him up and down wryly for a moment and added with a smirk, "Not that you aren't cute, darling, but my dear cousin has dibs. Speaking of Rachel, there she is now!"

Rachel, looking like she had no idea what to do, made her way out of the building. She cast a glare at the drunk in the lobby, who wolf-whistled as she passed him. Regina had certainly helped in the preparation, that much was apparent. There was no makeup, but every inch of her was clean as could be, allowing her natural seabreeze-and-lilac smell to be more apparent. The dress was simple, but elegant, just as Regina's was. However, her dress, in varying shades of blue complemented her wiry figure and her unsettling grey-blue eyes. Her coppery hair was done in a complicated French rope bun, with several wavy strands left loose to frame her face. All of this was offset, however, by the fact that she looked rather unsure of herself, and slightly fidgety.

"I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying."
--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:41 pm GMT 

Eddie scowled at the mention of Rachel being 'raggedy' and he drew himself up to his full height, akin to how his father always did when there was something said that he didn't like. "Rachel isn't anything of the sort." Before he could get any further, though, she was doing things that stopped him up and made him blush furiously. Things like laughing, and looking him over, and saying things that gave him a little irrational hope when it came to Rachel.

He blustered to a stop, looked down at himself, and then ran a hand over his slicked back hair. "Oh...um...thank you. You look lovely your..."

Again, Eddie and his thoughts were de-railed. This time, it was by Rachel and his heart stopped in his chest. He flushed boyishly, and a small, thrilled grin was threatening to curl on his face. Goodgodamn. He didn't think he could think. He took one step towards her, then another, and reached out to gently take her hand in both of his. He was thrilled to e with her, reeling from how perfect she looked and that he was the one privileged enough to be accompanying her, but now the nerves set in. The awkward ones that felt jittery and first-date like. And hadn't he already spent an hour and a half on the phone with his Mom, groaning about such things? And hadn't he resolved to just have this be more or less like a regular night? Only with formal wear? This was going to drive him crazy. But he thought he'd love every second, in hindsight.

It was the fidgeting that made him feel relief. It reminded him that they were the same people they always were. This was Rachel. His Rachel, who was tough and pretty all the time and was tough and beautiful tonight, but would still probably punch him if he got too chivalrous. His grin got crooked, and he slouched a bit in his muggle Tuxedo. He kissed her hand, bowed a little. "You look like a princess, Rachel." Carefully, he offered her his arm, breathed in her soft, clean scent, and asked, "Ready, then? Also, you haven't by chance heard the latest score the Arrows, have you? Haven't had a chance to listen to the sports channel on the wireless all day."

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 pm GMT 

For several panicked moments, Rachel thought she had ruined everything. He wasn't looking at her right, like he usually did, and that was troubling. He was looking at her like she was...special, different, no longer Rachel Russell, his friend. He was coming towards her so slowly, taking her hand so hesitantly, smiling like she was a movie star and not an urchin in a dress. Had she completely wrecked this carefully-built friendship...relationship...thing?

But then he slouched a little, his grin went from wondering to crooked and familiar, and Rachel breathed an inward sigh of relief. There he was again, the usual Eddie that she enjoyed so much. The princess comment she left alone, not daring to touch it, but there was a faint flush on her face to indicate she had heard. Even Rachel liked to feel pretty sometimes.

This time, rather than a punch to the shoulder, she took his arm, if only to give her something comforting and familiar to hold on to. She knew she was going to be out of her depth pretty soon. The common question, however, prompted her usual smirk, and a dry reply of, "Last I checked, the Kestrels were giving them a thorough beating."

"I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying."
--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:34 am GMT 

At this news he groaned and slumped a little. The Arrows were supposed to win. They had to. It was their very first season with an American on their team, and he was supposed to make a good impression by kicking everyone's ass. "Are you serious? Getting beaten? By the Kestrels, of all teams?" With his free hand, he scrubbed his face and muttered something that sounded like 'my God in heaven'.

Still, as much as he wanted life to end right there, just long enough for him to listen to the rest of the game, they had a party to attend. Eddie helped the young ladies into the car, and once he himself was seated, asked Regina, "You follow Quidditch, too?" It was always nice to meet a fellow fan of the sport.

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:51 am GMT 

"Regina's love of Quidditch teams is akin to a love of boy bands," Rachel replied wryly, "But also like fans of your American football. One part squealing admiration, one part savage pride."

"I must admit, however, to having no particular loyalty," the cousin confessed, "I support everyone, though there are a few teams I don't really care for. Your dear Arrows are one of those, so Rachel and I were bonding earlier over the Kestrel's dominance"

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:24 pm GMT 

As the car started to move, Eddie fell backwards into the seat with a dramatic huff, and one hand went to his heart. "Ugh,you ladies always end up gangin' up on poor ol' Edwin..."

He couldn't keep up the sad look, though, and grinned, his bow tie skewed from the flailing. "Eh. Well, one game won't kill their season, thankfully. Th' Arrows'll end up on top this year."

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:55 pm GMT 

"Not this year, dearie! Surely you've noticed the fabulous Keeper the Wasps have acquired," Regina protested, grinning challengingly, "He's fabulous, and goaltending has always been that team's weak spot. With a good Keeper, I'm betting on them for taking the prize this year."

"I'm still holding out for the Holyhead Harpies to live up to their potential," Rachel sighed.

"You only support them because they're an all-woman team!"

"Well, I'm on an exclusively female team, so of course I do!"

--Woody Allen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112