THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next

That motherfumbler!
 Post subject: Re: The Little Siren (HogwartsAlt)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:23 pm GMT 

Custom Title: That motherfumbler!
No, she didn't mean it. She didn't really want to go. But if she was going to make this friendship work, then she needed to push her herself a little. Stretch her boundaries, take risks. Besides, Gardenia would never allow her to stay away if she ever found out. Any connection, even through the niece she didn't like, to the esteem-worthy Mr. Token would be welcome. Might as well avoid the awkward and make this leap.

Rachel couldn't help but smile at his enthusiasm, however, and his haplessness. "Yeah, I mean it. When else am I gonna get the chance to viciously antagonize your prick of a father?"

"I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying."
--Woody Allen

The Lovely Other Dinosaur
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:27 pm GMT 

Custom Title: The Lovely Other Dinosaur
The smile grew, and he ran a hand back, and then over, his hair, making it stand up and then smoothing it back down. "You have a point there. A big point really. I mean, we're in school most of the time. And then you go back to your aunt's house in the summers. this might be your one and only chance of the year to see him go all red and stuttery." And his father wouldn't like this girl, he knew. There was something in the way she moved through the world that made people look. And when they looked it was to see a girl with a feral edge, a young lady who could stand her own and not hide behind a bloodline. Formidable.

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:34 pm GMT 

Rachel took a few steps towards him, stopping his hand and smoothing his hair idly. "It's an opportunity I'm excited to take advantage of," she said, smirking at him, "Seeing as I, like any self-respecting street kid, have immense distaste for the patricians. I'm sure the other urchins will love to hear my story of facing the Big Man." She paused, adding with a sigh, "But Gardenia will murder me in my sleep if I do anything too embarrassing, so I suppose I'll at least have to show up dressed for the part. Is there a dress code, or should I just assume it's formal?"

"I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying."
--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:22 pm GMT 

Eddie was startled by the hair-smoothing, but didn't pull away. INstead, he kept carefully still while she did it, as though moving would be treated as a snub and she would change her mind about going to the party with him. He did, however, nod and sigh. "Yeah, it's formal..." he wasn't thrilled with it either. "I'm wearing a Muggle tux, though, instead of robes." His crooked grin appeared again, and he shrugged. "He never specified robes or non-robes, after all."

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:32 pm GMT 

"Well, witches can usually wear a dress, so I guess I'll be fine," Rachel said, crossing her arms with a sigh. She wasn't too fond of formalwear, "And Gardenia will probably make me do my hair and all that shit. Ah well. The price one pays to irritate pricks."

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:57 pm GMT 

He understood her sigh and nodded. "I know, I know. It's horrible to have to get all dressed up. But think of all the things you'll be able to say to him. And the stir we'd create." There was something gleeful in how he said it, excited and not at all sullen or angry. Simply the prospect of enjoying the evening with a friend and bothering his dad while they were at it was enough to make him direct a bright, boyish grin her way.

"And I'll bet you look gorgeous, too." He didn't even realize what he was saying until a full minute afterward, when a tomatoey red blush started to suffuse his entire face.

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:04 pm GMT 

His blush was matched by hers, though she did everything she could to play it down. She cleared her throat, managing to a hide a somewhat-pleased smile. "Hmm. I doubt it, but we'll see."

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:00 pm GMT 

He nodded, trying to get his blush under controll. Yes, he would see. He'd see her at the party, and she would be with him, and then they could laugh at the high-ups and drive his dad starkers, as the natives called it. "Well, I guess I'll have to say I doubt your doubt."

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:16 pm GMT 

"Oh, shut up," Rachel replied, though the words were good-natured and she was still smiling. However, she obviously wasn't incredibly comfortable with talking about her own appearance. "We should probably go before my Dad wakes up..."

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:06 pm GMT 

He grinned at her, quick and stubborn and irreverent, but nodded. "Yeah, let's scram..." Eddie stepped up to her and offered her his arm, an old and courtly gesture. His mother hadn't stressed much in the way of etiquette, but being around his father's side of things and Hogwarts itself had ingrained it upon him, and honestly, it seemed to suit him.

"Where to?"

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:20 pm GMT 

Though Rachel smiled at his courtly gesture, she still gave his shoulder a punch and ignored it, moving past him to head out the door. "I don't know. I could show you this crudhole where you can buy cigarettes with smoke that forms shapes and changes colors. You can get some crazy shit in the alleys off of Diagon, y'know?"

(((Could we possibly just skip to the ball in question?)))

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:07 pm GMT 

"I've never had the chance to really explore, no. I really really want to go now, though," he said, rubbing his shoulder and trailing after her.

((We may indeed. Would he be picking her up at her house or no? If she weren't he'd probably push for her to use a hired car or something))

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:53 pm GMT 

"Yeah. There's one almost entire dedicated to erotica, and another that sells Muggle novelties, and...well, there are a lot," she replied, snickering as she locked the apartment door behind her.

((She'd be more likely to go for the picking her up thing.))

--Woody Allen

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:41 pm GMT 

Eddie bounced on his toes in his eagerness, and gave her a bright, boyish grin. "Well, lets see how many we can visit today..."

A week later, he was sitting in the back of a Ministry car, in a suit that was stiff and itched, and the damn tie wouldn't stay straight. And the waistcoat was restricting and annoying. And of course, he was damn nervous. Crazy nervous. As the car glided though the streets like a sheet of shiny fog, he fidgeted and tried not to play with his slicked-back hair, or the buttons on his suit or anything else. He concentrated on the passing of store fronts and street signs, watching things go grimy and dodgy. Finally, the car stopped in front of her building, and he pushed the door open and stepped out, smoothing things out and making sure the creases in his pants were still sharp.

That motherfumbler!
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:45 am GMT 

"You must be Eddie."

Standing in the doorway to the building was a girl who seemed to be about Rachel's age. That was where the similarities ended. This girl was short, thin and fragile-looking, with wavy black hair and large brown eyes. She was a pretty thing, however, with a full mouth and an almost noble, aristocratic nose. She was dressed nicely as well, in a simple but still elegant purple dress.

"Rachel told me all about you. She'll be down in a mo'," she continued boredly, "Mum says I have to go with you, but I'm doing it for Rachel, not for her." After a moment, she seemed to realize Eddie probably didn't know who she was and added, "I'm Regina. Her cousin."

--Woody Allen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next