THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:48 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5744 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 383  Next

Boss Lady
 Post subject: Introductions
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:03 pm GMT 
Administrator

Custom Title: Boss Lady
Well, I suppose it was rude of me not to include this sooner.

If you're new here and you'd like tell us a little bit about yourself, you've come to the right place. Sooo...have at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:12 pm GMT 

Well, I already did my introduction, so I'll just copy and paste and all...

So well, we need to instroduce ourselves a little bit I guess. I was born in Spain and trained to be a Humphrey Bogart Spanish version, with moustache and randomly saying "olé, olé, Macarena carajillo". At the age of five I started smoking, and at the age of seven I learned how to talk with a shoe in my mouth.

Anyway, I was fed up with that, and I married Lili Marlene, then divorced. Then I got engaged to Michael Madsen and he broke my nose, then divorced. This caused me a trauma that made me lock myself and attempt to believe I was Immanuel Kant, but ended up thinking I was Trogdor the Burninator. So after leaving prision for villager burning I joined a sect that worshipped French (Liberty) Toasts, but I thought it was absurd so I converted to the Great Pumpkin Sect, which leaves a lot to be desired in client support, but at least features frequent orgies.

I decided I couldn't die without having written a book, so I attempted to do a psychological novel on a young man that killed an old woman and felt great remorse. Sadly, the editor turned it down because, according to him, it was an exact reproduction- word by word- of Fyodor Dostoievsky's "Crime and Punishment". I shouldn't have set the action in Russia. So I solved the problem writing a novel about a guy who turned into a cockroach for no aparent reason, but that's some story by someone. In the end I decided to get T.S Eliot's "The Wasteland" and copy it word by word, changing the word "death" by "flowers", "waste" by "puppies", then inserting randomly a "this is the happiness and peace of the spirit". It became a best selling new age self-help book, The Puppyland (movie adaptation by Ron Howard coming soon).

Then I discovered the internes, that was a great source of information on a lot of interesting things, like David Hasselhoff and Chuck Norris.

In the end, I decided my life was absurd, so I rolled it up on a big taco and ate it. Then I bought a magical sepia pencil that tells me I should kill myself, but often helps me to create works of art above, well...I dunno... Rafael, for example, or Mighelangelo, or any of the ninja turtles.

End.

I'm sorry for smudging the air with my song.

-Leonard Cohen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:43 pm GMT 

I've never really been good with the whole introduction thing. Mostly, when I join a forum it's already large enough to remain somewhat unnoticed. But for some bizzare reason, here, I feel compelled. Prehaps it's because it's a smaller community of people who seem genuinely friendly. Who knows?

But I digress.

I don't really have much to say about myself. I'm 17, British, and am currently studying my A-levels at college. (Exciting, I know.)
I have a love of music and art, despite being completely void of these talents myself. Which is basically me saying I just enjoy looking at pretty pictures. And I do. I have a much better grasp of more academic subjects, and hope to next year go onto university to do a degree in Biogenetics. Or Biomedicine. You get the picture. I'm a geek. O:

But I'm a happy geek.

Last edited by Andy the Confused on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:38 am GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:00 pm GMT 

I am the strange figment of your imagination that pops up when and where it pleases, in whatever form it pleases, and smashing things that annoy it with a ginormous two-handed battle axe. Every so often this mischevious figment is a kindly cat who keeps your lap warm, and once in a while pretends to be Becca, girl who wants to draw and rips up half what she attempts and then shreds the pieces. Just so no one can see the embarrassing failure.

But I digress also. *pop*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:55 am GMT 

Not totally new, but I never made an intro thread either.

My real name is Katelyn, I'm 22 and female and wear glasses. I love drawing and listening to gay 80's music. I collect red panda things, from toys to gift art to actual commissions of my characters. Also I like Pokemon. My perfect man would be an anthropomorphic red panda slave boy who has some of Danny Elfman's DNA (so he can have a hot voice when he sings to me).

Uh.

And I got two guinea pigs. And three mice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:51 pm GMT 

I've started elsewhere but, since all things need a beginning....
I'm a service engineer with a webcomic fixation fortunately served by strips that either are drawn superlatively, or are scripted superlatively, or even both at the same time....
I have seen a half century without ever achieving fame, fortune or even notoriety. Pretty girls always call me uncle... and did even when I was in my late teens.....
I came here from an LJ mention by an Australian friend who has impeccable taste....
My signature comes from the strip I am fanatical about however...

That and because "farrago" is the best description of my immediate locality wherever I work. You bend it, I'll mend it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:44 pm GMT 

I'm a 20 year-old man who lives in Canada, studies philosophy in university, and writes a lot. I work at an unglamorous job that is enjoyable but not very interesting. However, that's not to say I haven't done my share of interesting things. I enjoy good movies, music, video games, novels, and conversations. I've also travelled quite a bit; to Japan and England, as well as a few parts of Canada.

I also run a message board and do other stuff too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:18 am GMT 

Hello.

I'm British.

I like all British things. Like cups of afternoon tea and scones and jam and Antony Head.

I endeavor to make sure this forum has enough British flavour, along with any other Brits on the forum, as is the law nowadays. I will make sure the words "Spiffing!" and "Eh what" are kept alive and happy. I would potentially like to highlight the poetry that is British swearing, but I'm not sure that would be allowed on this forum, haha.

Terribly nice to meet you all.

Tally Ho!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:27 am GMT 

I need no introduction. My internal organs speak for themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:12 pm GMT 

HappiKake wrote:
Hello.

I'm British.

I like all British things. Like cups of afternoon tea and scones and jam and Antony Head.

I endeavor to make sure this forum has enough British flavour, along with any other Brits on the forum, as is the law nowadays. I will make sure the words "Spiffing!" and "Eh what" are kept alive and happy. I would potentially like to highlight the poetry that is British swearing, but I'm not sure that would be allowed on this forum, haha.

Tally Ho!

I'm British too, but I'm fairly certain being a geordie means I can't join in with all your spiffing....
I do need an introduction, but my insanity will introduce itself nicely over time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:24 pm GMT 

Oh, I didn't see this thread!

Hello forum.

Hello forumites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:32 pm GMT 

........for Alas! I had not said it
And it's greatly to my credit
I remain an ENGLISHMAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:35 am GMT 

Ishkabibble wrote:
HappiKake wrote:
Hello.

I'm British.

Tally Ho!

I'm British too, but I'm fairly certain being a geordie means I can't join in with all your spiffing....
I do need an introduction, but my insanity will introduce itself nicely over time.

Well, I can do the spiffing and you can do all the Geordie bits...We'll be a team! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:38 am GMT 

Btw, I'm not really much of a geordie, I was born on the south coast, I've lived in newcastle since I was 1 though. I'm a grammer nazi, so whilst you do the spiffing, I can do all of the correcting people, and telling them not to leave the u out of colour and other such words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:46 am GMT 

I am a 20 year old male student from Stockholm Sweden.
STockholm is also where I currently find myself going to school and also where I last term finishsed a course in Idea history (the history of philosophical ideas in the western world from Pythagoras to Sartre and beyond) and will be starting my first course in world history this fall in the hopes that I will be able to get a teaching degree so that I may teach the young and inspire... bleh who am I kidding I'm thinking of teaching cause I think I'd be good at it and because the job market for teachers is starved now so there will be many jobs to get when I have my degree...

in any case I am very interested in art and music and I dabble in both myself allthough I wish I coould say I was better at them.

what else?... oh yes this comic caught my eye once when I saw a few pages of it on Deviantart and it hooked me right away because the art is awsome and the story with characters seems very good so far so I will be looking forward to diving into it all head first.

and thats it much plaesure to all of you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5744 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 383  Next