THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:35 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Asking for help about a fan game
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:59 pm GMT 

Hello everyone! :D

I don't know if is okay with this forum, but i thought it would be the best idea to get help.
If what i'm doing is wrong, just delete this post or tell me. :|

Me and 1 friend, we are making a mini fan game with Lackadaisy's characters.
Actually just 3 or 4 of them.
Not a huge thing. :)

I'm not good at modeling neither at texturing i'm playing the role of the programmer in this case.
We would be using Unity3D, we are getting the things done using Unity5 as said before, dropbox, blender3D and Gimp(or any other picture editor).

[THE IDEA] :!:
We're remaking this scene http://www.lackadaisycats.com/comic.php?comicid=49
Using Freckles as the main playable character, and 2 or 3 pig farmer 3D models.
The idea is making a playable survival mini game.
Where you use Freckles and have to shoot the farmers, dodging bullets, using headshots and cover, etc.
All in an aerial view perspective, running through an underground map trying to replicate the comic pages where this takes place, may be later we can make a free coop or vs multiplayer.

I can't pay and we're not getting paid.
We will make the project Open Source when done, the idea is just to make it as good as possible.
It will be free and will be made in PC(x86&x64) and MAC(if i get someone with a mac to test the build), also on linux if i get the export license.

This is a volunteer project may be we can make a tiny team or help each other with knowledge sharing.
If you're interested on helping, contact me.
Also we will accept any kind of contribution. (Like artwork for GUI, 3D models for scenery, accessories, ideas, etc, etc)
I know, the credits might be huge! :shock:

For now i'm the programmer and i have another guy making the models, but i have a job and school to attend, and he doesn't have electricity all the time.
So yeah... we're on a tight spot to complete this thing.

Here's the WIP preview of Freckle's model.
As i said before, i suck at modeling and texturing. :lol:

[OBVIOUS DISCLAIMER]
I already sended a message to Tracy/LackadaisyCreator (don't know the correct term), asking her for permission for using the characters, and as i promised, WE ARE NOT USING THIS PROJECT FOR ANY COMMERCIAL INTENTION, just merely for learning, practicing and fun.
None Freckles, Pig farmers, or any athro/furry characters, and scenarios that might/or will appear on the project are mine. (Obviously), so yeah i think is clear what i'm trying to say. :)

I think that's all i have to say, sorry for the long post, here's a potato:

Regards! :D