THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:03 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Propane is flammable
 Post subject: stupid things i've done
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:00 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Propane is flammable
I've decided to make this topic because there seems like there is a lack of any topics to share my stupidity. now being the imbecile I am if you were to hand me a pencil and tell me to write all of the things i have done you could make an effective door stopper with the graphite i used. Which is why i'd be happy to share a few, or a lot. And would be happy to exchange a few laughs about it.

So a few days ago I was making a fire (With an unnecessary amount of gasoline) in a hole i dug to hold off my boredom. i had filled up a glass milk bottle with some gasoline to pour into the hole that had some of my old clothes and schoolwork etc. what i didn't know was that there were still a few embers from the last time i burned my unnecessary belongings. i then poured in a quarter of the gas before the whole thing lit up within a fraction of a second. i then threw the bottle in panic and then watched as it shattered... on my house. now the rational thinking person would say. "get the fire extinguisher" but what i did was spray it with a hose. it made it spread off the house and made a field of fire to which i stomped out for ten minutes... Regardless it was a very educational and fun experience!

Propane is flammable
 Post subject: Re: stupid things i've done
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:33 pm GMT 

Alright here's another one.

so one day back in middle school during ELA my teacher was talking about something i really didn't approve of. (Also the fact that me and my teacher are really good with each other so that is one of the only reasons i would do this) so after a while i noticed the window was open, so i silently got out of my seat, walked over to the window while a few classmates watched as i did so. then i climbed out, again while said classmates watched. a kid said to my teacher "hey i think a kid is escaping" to which my teacher said "What" and turned around to find me not in my seat but outside waving at him with a smile. And i surprisingly didn't get suspended. (same can't be said for when i wore full camo fatigues.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:47 pm GMT 

...go on.

Propane is flammable
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:53 pm GMT 

Djeinus wrote:
...go on.

With the old story or another thing i've done?

Last edited by delta13 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:57 pm GMT, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:04 pm GMT 

Take your pick.

Propane is flammable
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:58 pm GMT 

here's another school related antic i had done.

A few times when i didn't want to go to my next class i would wait for the teacher to go and use the bathroom and then i would hide in the cabinet until the next period. I had successfully done this 3 times before my teacher caught on and started to check the cabinets when he got back. Me and my teacher have an inordinate amount of stories to share. Also the class i did these things in is an alternative learning class or A.L.C. for short. It's for kids who have a hard time in regular classes. And if you couldn't tell... I didn't really function too well in regular classes before I was sent to the A.L.C.

Azlyn up in this bitch
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:21 am GMT 

Custom Title: Azlyn up in this bitch
The stupidest thing i've ever done is getting born. Sadly for humanity. And for me.

Propane is flammable
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:09 pm GMT 

Azlyn wrote:
The stupidest thing i've ever done is getting born. Sadly for humanity. And for me.

Why do you say that?

Azlyn up in this bitch
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:43 pm GMT 

I have my own issues. With myself, nevertheless. And i just feel like death is not that bad. Don't mind me, i just let it slip sometimes.

My Friend of Missouri
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:47 pm GMT 

Custom Title: My Friend of Missouri
Azlyn wrote:
I have my own issues. With myself, nevertheless. And i just feel like death is not that bad. Don't mind me, i just let it slip sometimes.

Apologies for me saying so, but you seem to be too young (judging from your listed age) to be so negative. I've worked too long and hard at my own self-loathing to be surpassed by a pessimistic prodigy, such as yourself.

I jest, of course. But please don't be so hard on yourself. Besides, there are plenty of cultures that firmly believe that death ain't all that great.

Propane is flammable
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:57 pm GMT 

Me being a religious fellow, I think that life is set up to challenge you. Suicide is just a way of saying "I can't do it, i'm not good enough" At one point in my life i was struggling with my emotions as well. I couldn't find a reason that i was put on earth. Life is a privilege. Try to use it as much as you can before it is revoked by nature itself. To just throw it away is not only a huge opportunity loss, but it is a foolish decision. I hope this means to you as much as it means to me.

is dead, long live Royale!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:25 pm GMT 

Custom Title: is dead, long live Royale!
Me not being a religious fellow, the universe does not care about you or me or Boss Lady or the Dalai Lama. But I care about you, and Mr. Rogers cares about you (to name two of many), and I think one of the best things about life is in fact that you weren't born for a reason. It's up to you to create a reason for yourself and that reason can be ending world hunger or creating a beautiful webcomic or just making one person happier. There's so much you've yet to see of the world and so much it has yet to see of you, so don't give up, if only for me and Delta and Fauxky.

Azlyn up in this bitch
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:34 pm GMT 

Quote:
Apologies for me saying so, but you seem to be too young (judging from your listed age) to be so negative. I've worked too long and hard at my own self-loathing to be surpassed by a pessimistic prodigy, such as yourself.

I jest, of course. But please don't be so hard on yourself. Besides, there are plenty of cultures that firmly believe that death ain't all that great.

I suppose i shouldn't be this way. I mean, i sometimes - most of the times, really - feel like i don't have the right to be as sad as i am. Because, you know, i have a family, a home, food, all that and more. But i can't really help but feel this way. I can't explain it. I mean i could, but it would fill up too many pages and i'd have nobody to read them. Not that it matters, but i am 14. Age doesn't really matter, though, does it? You can be 6, or 16, or 20 or 80 years old and still be depressed. The only difference is the duration of the pain.

Quote:
Me being a religious fellow, I think that life is set up to challenge you. Suicide is just a way of saying "I can't do it, i'm not good enough" At one point in my life i was struggling with my emotions as well. I couldn't find a reason that i was put on earth. Life is a privilege. Try to use it as much as you can before it is revoked by nature itself. To just throw it away is not only a huge opportunity loss, but it is a foolish decision. I hope this means to you as much as it means to me.

My problem isn't that i don't have a reason. And i don't, not exactly. But that's not my issue. My issue is i just don't want to go on anymore. And i still do it, for... No reason in particular. It's sometimes so overwhelming it... Drives me to doing stupid things. Real stupid things. Things i shouldn't do to myself. I'm just broken. I think i shouldn't be, but i sure feel like i am.

My Friend of Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:43 pm GMT 

Custom Title: My Friend of Missouri
I only bring up the 'too young to be so negative' argument because I can vividly recall the types of things that made me depressed when I was your age and just how inconsequential those dreary facets of life have become since. The only thing I can stress that matters is: don't allow those events and feelings that hinder come to define you. It may sound silly because I can't possibly know what exactly you may be going through, but I've been there. Quite frankly, I'm still there largely because I'm too afraid or too embarrassed or too macho to do anything about it; thus the downward spiral of having a depressive personality.

Despite this, you do have a means at your disposal to alleviate some of the pain: talk about it. Talk to someone, anyone really, about how you're feeling; about what went wrong today; about who you really want to punch in the face. It's therapeutic. Start by speaking with your parents, if you haven't already. Make them listen to you, even if you have to ring them by the collar and say, "Listen to me!" That may be a little extreme, but that's what parental guidance units are for.

Failing that, find an outlet, preferably creative. Write, draw, carve, or whatever then, even if you think it sucks, put it out there for someone else to view. What's the worst that could happen? If you already know it sucks, then so what if someone else agrees. At the end of the day, you might just be surprised to find that someone found it beautiful.

I feel like I'm rambling, so I'll stop, but please be aware that life isn't all bad. Sometimes, we just have to work a little harder to find the goodness in it.

Propane is flammable
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:21 pm GMT 

Hey if you ever need someone to talk to, if all else fails i'll be here.