THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:51 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Amicitia concero omnis
 Post subject: RP Sites?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:21 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Amicitia concero omnis
So, I adore Lackadaisy, and always will.

I just figured it'd be nice to have a list of other RP sites you've maybe come across - nothing wrong with RPing on multiple sites! (I'll add more info in a bit.)

English
Off-White
Is based on the world of the Off-White comic. The characters are wolves and there's an interesting hierarchy of pack and dynamics that is set up. All in all, it's a pretty cool RP site.

The Dragons of Selzar (they need new members!!)

Spirits of the Earth

Remnants of the Earth

Other:
Svenska Hogwarts
A Swedish Harry Potter RP site. RP your character in classes and out of them, starting in first year. It's a rather broad set up!

— Carl Sandburg

Det tog 25 år att ens komma så här långt och jag ser en framtid där jag kunde bli något stort...

Characters, and Timelines! Char solos!

Guys I totally write now.
 Post subject: Re: RP Sites?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:49 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Guys I totally write now.
Good idea, with I'd come across more, but I don't remember any.

Honestly, I feel feel bad for all of the RP's that I've started that either went nowhere, or just faded. Then again this is really a general forum with a couple of sections relating to the comic, and those are really only occupied whenever an update comes out. If the comic went completely bust I don't think this forum would last very long. Unless we had a concerted community effort to finish the plot of the comic. The IC-ALT discussion is really just filled with either 1 or 2 active RP's, and not much more on the main RP section.

I can't/don't want to show my face on the Starbound forum RP section after I led around 7 people on an RP that I never updated despite my promises. I still feel like crap for doing that.

Then you have Dvorak and Northern_pearl who keep up RP's with like 30-100 pages, which makes me totes jelly.

Only thing I really would wish is if this forum had a more active community, but what can you do?

Edit: IC Alt only has one currently active RP and IC only has six.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:53 am GMT 

Custom Title: Just Damn Cute
Critanium wrote:
Good idea, with I'd come across more, but I don't remember any.

Honestly, I feel feel bad for all of the RP's that I've started that either went nowhere, or just faded. Then again this is really a general forum with a couple of sections relating to the comic, and those are really only occupied whenever an update comes out. If the comic went completely bust I don't think this forum would last very long. Unless we had a concerted community effort to finish the plot of the comic. The IC-ALT discussion is really just filled with either 1 or 2 active RP's, and not much more on the main RP section.

I can't/don't want to show my face on the Starbound forum RP section after I led around 7 people on an RP that I never updated despite my promises. I still feel like crap for doing that.

Then you have Dvorak and Northern_pearl who keep up RP's with like 30-100 pages, which makes me totes jelly.

Only thing I really would wish is if this forum had a more active community, but what can you do?

Edit: IC Alt only has one currently active RP and IC only has six.

While feeling bad about lost threads is a normal response, you shouldn't really beat yourself up over it any. It happens. That's the nature of anything. It reaches a end, even if it's premature. Northern and Dvorak (and all the rest of us who have 30-100 page rp's) have them because we stick to them, but also know when to let things go. If all parties aren't having fun/aren't interested, then it's not worth it.

And really, this is a slow forum now. It did use to be more happening, but not so much anymore. What you call active and what RPers here call active are different things. I honestly don't think that the forum would go up quiet as badly as you think. Considering a lot of us, even non-RPers, have stuck around through months and months of no updates with no real sign when the next would be. I think we'd still probably stay here even if the comic ended.

And I feel weird knowing that the one active Alt is mine. :oops:

As for on topic to this thread, all I've really got is the Roleplayer Guild It's a catch all sort of forum, lots of different levels and different stories and what not. Though there are a lot of people who won't always be so kind, so keep an eye out for that too and don't let them get to you.

For the Love of Words Updated 8 Jan 2013

sucks.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm GMT 

Custom Title: sucks.
wow a totally great and fun rp group on da

http://ohyesrp.deviantart.com/

they know all about what is true quality rping

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:25 am GMT 

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... And if you're not, that kinda stings about what you think about rping here.

sucks.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:16 am GMT 

Artemis Selene wrote:
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... And if you're not, that kinda stings about what you think about rping here.

I thought you'd be able to tell by how I typed in all lowercase. lol

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:06 am GMT 

I type in lowercase sometimes when I'm lazy >.>

sucks.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:16 am GMT 

Artemis Selene wrote:
I type in lowercase sometimes when I'm lazy >.>

Well, if it makes it any clearer, I submitted a character to RP as in the group and they completely ripped it apart and denied my application because I didn't treat the application like it was a project.

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:25 pm GMT 

At least they gave the reasons why they didn't accept. *totally didn't find your character and read through the comments, nope* Even if they were really dumb reasons. I'm all for quality, but they should be more honest about the types of characters they're looking for.

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:45 am GMT 

Custom Title: Literary Revolutionary
I feel the need for more RPs, also.... even though I know full well I'm one of the people here who isn't active any more that used to be >.> Even though other people don't hang around here any more either, I do feel guilty to be one of them. I remember when you couldn't find an RP if you didn't have it bookmarked because it would be off the front page after a day of no replies. *glory days reminiscing*

What I basically need is for people to kick me in the butt when I don't reply and message me on Facebook or send me emails so that I get into gear and do it. Otherwise once something's been sat in my inbox for a while I forget to pay attention to it. Whether it's here or somewhere else.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:24 am GMT 

Ether wrote:
Well, if it makes it any clearer, I submitted a character to RP as in the group and they completely ripped it apart and denied my application because I didn't treat the application like it was a project.

Terribly sorry you didn't make it into OhYesRP. I'm not sure which sheet was yours, but as you saw, the room is suited for advanced roleplayers with high literary skills. As such, we require the sheets to be believable, and written to a high level. Quite clearly yours was not. This isn't a personal issue, as we have a large number of people that get in. You're always more than welcome to try again, as we believe people do improve, if they're willing. :)

*edit*

Ah yes. You submitted this sheet http://comments.deviantart.com/1/396470863/3576640325. Max Waterwaul. I'll admit the critique you got was a little bit... lackadaisical. But even so, any of the other mods, or myself, would've denied it.

Literary Revolutionary
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:54 am GMT 

Custom Title: Literary Revolutionary
Wow, that group is super bitchy. Honestly, when they write things like that, I wouldn't want to be part of their group anyway, Ether. Plus pretty hilarious how they chat about having these high literary standards and then half of their "critique" is written in chatspeak. Had a very good chuckle at how the members come over as complete douches in the rest of the comments, too.

sucks.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:34 am GMT 

Thorero wrote:
Ether wrote:

Terribly sorry you didn't make it into OhYesRP. I'm not sure which sheet was yours, but as you saw, the room is suited for advanced roleplayers with high literary skills. As such, we require the sheets to be believable, and written to a high level. Quite clearly yours was not. This isn't a personal issue, as we have a large number of people that get in. You're always more than welcome to try again, as we believe people do improve, if they're willing. :)

*edit*

Ah yes. You submitted this sheet http://comments.deviantart.com/1/396470863/3576640325. Max Waterwaul. I'll admit the critique you got was a little bit... lackadaisical. But even so, any of the other mods, or myself, would've denied it.

do you seriously google the name of the group so you can find hits and then go on the sites in the hits to respond to it

like why

Just Damn Cute
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:46 am GMT 

^^^ I was thinking the exact same thing. There was no need too join here just to restate what you'd already said in the comments on dA. I still stand by what I said earlier, you guys aren't very clear about what you're looking for in your characters. You basically say 'everyone is welcome' and then turn around and say 'no, we don't take those kind of characters.' And to add, character sheets aren't always the greatest indication of a persons writing. I write short character sheets, but I still think of myself as an 'advanced roleplayer with high literary skills,' but I doubt you'd accecpt my CSs. Guess that's the difference between Show, Don't Tell. *shrugs*

sucks.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:17 am GMT 

Never mind the fact that it makes you look creepier than you would've wanted to warrant considering this whole fiasco happened more than a month ago and I know who you are from dA, and not in a very positive way.

Then again, this is a guy whose dA account has been suspended at least more than once before, so that's a really good sign.