THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:53 am GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message

Are you questioning my logic?
 Post subject: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:41 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:50 am GMT
Posts: 294
Location: Bulgaria
Custom Title: Are you questioning my logic?
So whats your theme song for your favorite Lackadaisy character (you can write about all the characters if you want to)
here's mine

Mordecai : Night Surgeon-Repo! The Genetic Opera Soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48fygvdxUO4 1:45 gets really morty like o.O

_________________
Image
Just suffocate with smiles and force fed lies , and close your mind to reality ..


Top
 Profile  
 

Embodiment of contradictions
 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:59 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:50 pm GMT
Posts: 8007
Location: Alaska
Custom Title: Embodiment of contradictions
Oh herro.
Welcome to the land of much cats.
I do believe there's a thread like this in the Jive subforum already.

_________________
Image
i_heart_dvorak wrote:
That's why you're my favorite.

You have a strange and evil mind on your shoulders, smarticus.


Top
 Profile  
 

Are you questioning my logic?
 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:47 pm GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:50 am GMT
Posts: 294
Location: Bulgaria
Custom Title: Are you questioning my logic?
oops didn't kno sorry to be a spammer :/

and 10x :D

_________________
Image
Just suffocate with smiles and force fed lies , and close your mind to reality ..


Top
 Profile  
 

Embodiment of contradictions
 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 pm GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:50 pm GMT
Posts: 8007
Location: Alaska
Custom Title: Embodiment of contradictions
<3

_________________
Image
i_heart_dvorak wrote:
That's why you're my favorite.

You have a strange and evil mind on your shoulders, smarticus.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:39 pm GMT 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:40 pm GMT
Posts: 2
smarticus wrote:
Oh herro.
Welcome to the land of much cats.
I do believe there's a thread like this in the Jive subforum already.

I do believe either you are wrong or that thread has been deleted. Or it has no mention of "music", "theme", "character" or "song" in it. Or the search engine failed miserably.
If one wishes to view/ contribute to this thread, where would one go?


Top
 Profile  
 

Amicitia concero omnis
 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:30 am GMT 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 8:41 am GMT
Posts: 43651
Location: Language nerdery!
Custom Title: Amicitia concero omnis
The search is broken, I believe. It happened when we had to switch servers. But its ok! I recommend using Google tricks to search the forum specifically.

_________________
Play it across the table
What if we steal this city blind?
If they want anything, let 'em nail it down.
— Carl Sandburg


Det tog 25 år att ens komma så här långt och jag ser en framtid där jag kunde bli något stort...

Characters, and Timelines! Char solos!


Top
 Profile  
 

Mit Musik geht alles besser!
 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:48 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:12 pm GMT
Posts: 233
Location: Berlin, Weimarer Republik
Custom Title: Mit Musik geht alles besser!
Rocky's theme.

_________________
Available for hire: Tobias Förstner.

An ongoing project dedicated to collecting Jazz and Swing music from the 1920s through 1940s.


Top
 Profile  
 

Rejects your normality
 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:14 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 pm GMT
Posts: 42
Location: Right behind you...
Custom Title: Rejects your normality
This seems to fit Mitzi for some reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6w8XxG8A8M&list=FLjO-KZZOpnmyjbSuoM7rEaQ&index=13

_________________
Characters: Curtis Sable, Private Eye- http://www.littledaisycafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15490

Redmond "Red" Kelly - http://www.littledaisycafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15493


Top
 Profile  
 

Mit Musik geht alles besser!
 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:24 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:12 pm GMT
Posts: 233
Location: Berlin, Weimarer Republik
Custom Title: Mit Musik geht alles besser!
Volstead wrote:


I like it, the lyrics fit nicely. As the song says, she's certainly no fool, but she is indeed a bit topsy-turvy in the context of the story.

Personally, I've always imagined Miss Annabelle Lee as Mitzi's theme song, though it's probably too cliché for most.

_________________
Available for hire: Tobias Förstner.

An ongoing project dedicated to collecting Jazz and Swing music from the 1920s through 1940s.


Top
 Profile  
 

Rejects your normality
 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:57 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 pm GMT
Posts: 42
Location: Right behind you...
Custom Title: Rejects your normality
Nicodeme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjUY3pjN8E

Serafine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAzTnsSgs2s

Modecai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV5td0F1A5I

Rocky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

_________________
Characters: Curtis Sable, Private Eye- http://www.littledaisycafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15490

Redmond "Red" Kelly - http://www.littledaisycafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15493


Top
 Profile  
 

Mit Musik geht alles besser!
 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:27 pm GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:12 pm GMT
Posts: 233
Location: Berlin, Weimarer Republik
Custom Title: Mit Musik geht alles besser!
Ivy's theme.

_________________
Available for hire: Tobias Förstner.

An ongoing project dedicated to collecting Jazz and Swing music from the 1920s through 1940s.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Character theme songs
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:20 am GMT 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 7:57 pm GMT
Posts: 55
Tobi_F wrote:
I like your suggestions for Ivy and Rocky - though I'd prefer Rocky's theme to have a subtle nod to his desperate, less-than-happy side - maybe a cover where they suddenly slow down, then pick up again right before the end?

Also, if we're going by lyrical relevance, I think I just found the perfect song ... or, just chorus ... for Ivy ... or, just Ivy's view of Freckle.

https://youtu.be/Q3UjkSm-Pp4?t=39s

Another thing: I have this weird way of associating songs with characters in ways that make very little sense.

An example: for some bizarre reason, I associate this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3bIJK0rg68 with Zib. I dunno why. It must be coz he looks great in lipstick. Is that good enough reason for anyone else, or do I sound insane?

Or is it just because of these two faces he made in the Expressions tutorial?
i.imgur.com/hXbxGGg.jpg

_________________
ति-म्अबी नसमसोता


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group