THE St. Louis Speakeasy
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:38 pm GMT

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Amicitia concero omnis
 Post subject: Link-Changing Help
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:09 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Amicitia concero omnis
So, I dunno if this bothers anyone else, but for the longest time, I was constantly logged out, seemingly randomly, when I clicked certain links. I have since figured out both why and how to correct it. (Though Thurinus did attempt to explain it to me once while I blubbered away confusedly—Thurinus! I have to figure these things out on my own it seems...)

Anyway. Apparently there are two domains. This may be news for at least some nearer people, perhaps? [shrug] Thought I would mention it. One domain is apparently the original, http://www.lackadaisycats.com, while the other is the newer one, lackadaisy.foxprints.com. With the new security measures, it is no longer possible to log in while on a thread and return to said thread (instead you are returned to the Board Index), so I decided to change all my links (yes, even every one in the infamous Timelines in my siggy) to foxprint.

It turned out to not really be all that difficult!

So, the point of all this, is that if anyone else wishes to change their link-domains (or get rid of word-highlights left over from searches), I would be happy to do it for you, with your permission. :3 Char sheets, etc—the only thing I can't do for you, is your siggy, though I can easily just give you the proper link to replace the other one (you just have to do the actual replacing yourself).

:3

Just post here, if you want me to. And no worries, I won't change a single other thing, I simply thought this would help some people out, is all.

— Carl Sandburg

Det tog 25 år att ens komma så här långt och jag ser en framtid där jag kunde bli något stort...

Characters, and Timelines! Char solos!

Dectective of Science
 Post subject: Re: Link-Changing Help
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:23 pm GMT 

Custom Title: Dectective of Science
Yeah, I did that long ago and already made sure all my stuff was the foxprints link.

Characters

Post subject: Re: Link-Changing Help
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:23 pm GMT 

Thanks for posting this.

I was being driven mad by the forum constantly forcing me to re-login every time I viewed a thread. Logging in on the lackadaisy.foxprints.com domain fixed that, thank goodness. I was afraid I was going to have to make a rather shirty post about the problem to get it fixed.